Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Arleen Sorkin (Calliope Jones) Back to Days for Short Run; *UPDATED 3/18*
Topic Started: Mar 8 2010, 01:01 PM (4,759 Views)
Ana75
Member Avatar

Angie79
Mar 8 2010, 04:15 PM
I am ok with a SAFE wedding if they pack up and move to Switzerland right afterwards.
Is that where Carrie and Austin are or am I mistaken?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AlisonLou

Who's Calliope and why are they bringing her back when they can't afford to pay Peter Reckell more!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

AlisonLou
Mar 8 2010, 08:16 PM
Who's Calliope and why are they bringing her back when they can't afford to pay Peter Reckell more!
Your a Bo and Hope fan and have no idea who Calliope is? She was pretty big in Bo and Hope's 80's heyday. Hell, she was a major presence at their wedding in England.

Also, so what if the show is bringing her back? It's a short run. So the show is not supposed to bring anyone in because of PR? One has nothing to do with the other. The circumstances are different. I guess with PR off the show shouldn't bring back anyone for the Alice stuff either.

I'm not happy about Peter either but we have no idea what the reasoning is and blaming other actors/characters is beyond unfair.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

YESSSSS! Bring back Eugene! Bring back Eugene!

talbab1994
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Mar 8 2010, 08:28 PM
AlisonLou
Your a Bo and Hope fan and have no idea who Calliope is? She was pretty big in Bo and Hope's 80's heyday. Hell, she was a major presence at their wedding in England.

Also, so what if the show is bringing her back? It's a short run. So the show is not supposed to bring anyone in because of PR? One has nothing to do with the other. The circumstances are different. I guess with PR off the show shouldn't bring back anyone for the Alice stuff either.

I'm not happy about Peter either but we have no idea what the reasoning is and blaming other actors/characters is beyond unfair.

She was also a pretty important part of the Justin and Adrienne storyline when they began dating and even early in their marriage.

She has always been one of my favorites. She was funny but she was one that always rooted for true love-- and on a soap, that was hard to come by!! :)

AlisonLou

PhoenixRising05
AlisonLou

Wasn't watching in the 80's I was too young!
Most people watching these days won't know who this Calliope person is.
I suppose if it gives Anna more airtime it will be a good thing.
They should have brought Jennifer back! And Jack too! I just don't see a point to bringing Calliope back.
I would have liked to have seen other characters back before this one.
Maybe they could have bought Marlena back? Both Hope and Carly could use some help and so could Melanie!
Not to mention Chloe and Dr Dan! I think they really need a Psychiatrist on this show!
Edited by AlisonLou, Mar 8 2010, 09:42 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

AlisonLou
Mar 8 2010, 09:40 PM
PhoenixRising05
AlisonLou

I suppose if it give Anna more airtime it will be a good thing.
They should have brought Jennifer back! And Jack too! I just don't see a point to bringing Calliope back.
Maybe they could have bought Marlena back? Both Hope and Carly could use some help and so could Melanie!
Not to mention Chloe and Dr Dan! I think they really need a Psychiatrist on this show!
I'm sure there are people watching right now who don't know who Jennifer, Jack, or even Marlena is even if they are all were on the canvas a mere few years ago (one year in Marlena's case). The show probably has many new viewers.

My point is some will always know who a returning character is and some won't. It's all about the story being told. You bring people back if you have a reason to have them back. Too often soaps just bring people back for the hell of it but that can't be done. It's all about the story and having a reason.

Keith
Member Avatar

This gives me hope for something coinciding with Anna, perhaps. I wonder if they'll have a chance to address where Eugene is. I also hope this coincides with the Alice story.

BradyB

I have always loved Calliope. I just said the other day I wondered if they would bring her back to visit Alice!!! I am hoping that the writers will see how great of an actress she is and will keep her around like they have done with Anna. She will be great comic relief for Salem!

BradyB

I think it is a great idea to bring Calliope back to Salem. She had a major impact on storylines in the 80's and 90's. She had a lot of story with Anna and with Tom and ALIce!!!

lysie
Member Avatar

AlisonLou
Mar 8 2010, 09:40 PM
PhoenixRising05
AlisonLou

I suppose if it gives Anna more airtime it will be a good thing.
I doubt they're bringing her back for a purpose that Marlena, Jack, or Jennifer could have served. If they're bringing her back to mother Sami, be a friend to Hope, or be a brother figure to Adrienne...well, then yes they should have brought one of them back instead.

King
Member Avatar

This is awesome ! Love that bitch! LOL!

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Omg..I was hopping up and down with excitement over this..I ADORED her and Eugene..loved her and Anna..I still have the SOD cover they did..cannot wait

lizis2lovely

So gald they are bringing Calliope - I was like 8 when I remember her the most!! back in the eighties!!

I named my first cat after her!!!LOL

Her and Eugene were so fun... Those where good times!! :rockon:

designergirl777
Member Avatar

Great news...I love Calliope. A breath of fresh air.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

SOD:Sorkin Back to Days

Arleen (Calliope) is headed back to Salem in May. Arleen initially thought the call for her to come back had something to do with the passing of Frances Reid. “I thought they were going to do a funeral on the show for Frances. And if truly, they hadn’t called me, I would have been pissed! Because they didn’t call me for anybody’s funeral. But that’s not why they called me.”

Sorkin is looking forward to being reteamed with Leann Hunley, who played her on-screen boss two decades ago.

So far she booked for 6 shows, “And they want to book more, “ Arleen enthuses. “I don’t know this new guy (Gary Tomlin), but everybody loves him.”

lysie
Member Avatar

Angie79
Mar 18 2010, 01:46 PM

Arleen (Calliope) is headed back to Salem in May. Arleen initially thought the call for her to come back had something to do with the passing of Frances Reid. “I thought they were going to do a funeral on the show for Frances. And if truly, they hadn’t called me, I would have been pissed! Because they didn’t call me for anybody’s funeral. But that’s not why they called me.”

Sorkin is looking forward to being reteamed with Leann Hunley, who played her on-screen boss two decades ago.

So far she booked for 6 shows, “And they want to book more, “ Arleen enthuses. “I don’t know this new guy (Gary Tomlin), but everybody loves him.”
So if that's not why they called her, shouldn't she still be pissed? LOL.

Deleted User
Deleted User

lysie
Mar 18 2010, 01:48 PM
Angie79
Mar 18 2010, 01:46 PM

So if that's not why they called her, shouldn't she still be pissed? LOL.
I think she might mean that that's not the ONLY reason they wanted her. Like her return actually is imperative to story.
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Awesome news. DAYS is on a roll with bringing back fan favorites lately.

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

The prospect of seeing Arleen and Leann onscreen together again is truly exciting. Sorry that Thaao won't be there as well. The character of Tony was truly wasted. It should have turned out that Tony was EJ's father (with a not-dead Renee) and not Stefano. Could have been a great story.

Hmm...wonder what Quinn Redeker is up to these days... time to spring Alex Marshall from jail and have him visit his "Saddleshoes" (Anna). :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply