Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Peter Reckell update: Not working in February or March
Topic Started: Mar 8 2010, 01:42 PM (9,558 Views)
Ellie

(Note, these are clearly from the perspective of a Peter fan, but I thought it best to post the whole thing to avoid confusion. It is legitimate.)

Quote:

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showpost.php?p=5824789&postcount=10152

Hello everyone -

I rarely do this, but Kelly Moneymaker Peter's wife has asked me to pass along this message from him, so please read and share it so that fans are aware. Thank you.

-------------------------

Kelly and I have heard from concerned fans that there seems to be an NBC newsletter circulating stating or implicating that I have asked for time off from the show. Please be aware that this is not true. I am off for a month or so, because I was in danger of going over the limit of episodes listed in my contract. They did not wish to pay me for doing extra shows, so Bo was sent out of town for a month in order for him to remain, I am told, present and center when I return.

However, the show is in negociations right now with the network, so the deal is pretty simple: if you want Bo around and don't like having him be away, write to the people in charge and let it be known, for that is always useful. What is not useful, however, is trying to sabotage a storyline the writers have planned for us actors... There's apparently another rumour circulating, stating I have said in a recent personal appearance in Canada, that I do not enjoy working with Crystal Chappel (Carly). That is not I repeat NOT true.

I have never said that and this was probably just made up by people who are not happy about the Bo and Carly story. Again, if you favor one pairing more than the other, please write to the show in masses and let your opinions about the storylines known. That is the way to do it. Starting fake rumours about me is not. I much enjoy working with both Kristian and Crystal and besides, actors have no say in what the writers have planned for their characters.

So wether you like the story or not, the important thing is to keep writing to the show, because interest in the story wether it is positive or negative is what will insure we stay on-screen in the end. Thanks for passing this along to others, I appreciate it.

Quote:

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showpost.php?p=5826680&postcount=15864

Well, I checked back with Peter and Kelly yesterday after forwarding their letter and I got good news and bad news for Bope fans this morning. It seems as I suspected, one should never take producers word seriously.

Peter is presently off from the show throughout the month of february and has just been informed he won't be working in march either! So get to your letter writing, fans.

The good news is that Kristian has renewed her contract just last week and is working her tail off right now. So the plan seems to be they want to use Peter and Kristian, just not together.

Sorry for my repeated interventions about this, I usually am told to keep those things for myself, but right now I am told I can share so the fans know being heard is of the essence for our two favorites.

ETA: SOD has just posted the first of the above quotes. http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking .
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sungrey

The thing is the show may be so far ahead they may not need to use his services during those months, so I'm not going to read too much into this. I will stress that Bo and Hope should be together in the end of this story, however long it takes. And this might be a smokescreen for something else the show has planned. Just my opinion.

Thanks, Ellie!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I actually think this could be a good idea. While it's going to be weird not seeing Bo around as much, if they want to be serious about Bo moving on from Hope, then we need to start seeing Hope without Bo more often. Otherwise, it's going to be hard to believe, considering we've never really seen her move on from Bo, genuinely. With Bo off the screen for a while, we're going to get to see Hope, the character, rather than Hope, half of iconic Bo and Hope.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Mar 8 2010, 01:42 PM
The good news is that Kristian has renewed her contract just last week and is working her tail off right now. So the plan seems to be they want to use Peter and Kristian, just not together.
I know that this part if the fans' opinion, but this to me is what's hurting the triangle. It could be so much better if they'd use all three of them effectively. We do need to get more of Hope by herself and more of her perspective, but if Bo has to be offscreen for that to happen...they obviously can't just write a real triangle without either destroying a character (and each in this situation has taken their turn) or backburning one for a while to let another shine.

peaches179

Giving how tough the economy is right now, I hope Peter can get back to work soon. Thanks Ellie! :)

Melly

Days is 2 weeks ahead of what you see on screen. So we're in early March their taping the end of March right now. So if he hasn't tape in Feb or March you won't see him till prob the end of April early May right around when they've leaked their going to have Alice die. So they're bringing him home to say goodbye to Alice. And as far as not needing him. He's the Police Commissioner and in a front burner storyline right now. Why wouldn't the be needed. This is just a case of not wanting to pay someone over time. Peter has always been loyal to Days and NBC so to see them take him off for 2 months without pay is wrong.

sungrey

Good point. I like all three actors equally and it's a good story, but how can it work well if all three aren't on screen at the same time? I suspect something's up here (story-wise, not backstage), but I could be wrong.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I would prefer a reliable source because this does seem a bit skewed IMO.

Having said that, I'm not surprised. I didn't think it would be just a month. The way he has been working and the way he will likely work when he does return means that they have to be careful. Last year, Bo and Hope were barely seen except in little spurts and then they saw alot of airtime come August. The show should've been more careful but, then again, this story has been more Bo then Hope so far so that is why Peter has been used a ton.

I also don't think this is just about the episode guarantee. I think they are actually taken advantage of the situation to push the upcoming Hope story and Carly's involvement with Daniel and I can see why. Bo is always such a presence with Hope and Carly so him being gone will allow both of them to do other things for a bit. Since this is likely affecting May and June episodes, I don't think it will stick out as much given the summer usually sees a shift in stories anyway.

I also hope the stuff about KA is resigning is true. I have no doubt she is staying but I always want confirmation LOL.

Thanks Ellie.

lysie
Member Avatar

Melly
Mar 8 2010, 01:52 PM
Days is 2 weeks ahead of what you see on screen. So we're in early March their taping the end of March right now. So if he hasn't tape in Feb or March you won't see him till prob the end of April early May right around when they've leaked their going to have Alice die. So they're bringing him home to say goodbye to Alice. And as far as not needing him. He's the Police Commissioner and in a front burner storyline right now. Why wouldn't the be needed. This is just a case of not wanting to pay someone over time. Peter has always been loyal to Days and NBC so to see them take him off for 2 months without pay is wrong.
They're already taping into May.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Mar 8 2010, 01:47 PM
I actually think this could be a good idea. While it's going to be weird not seeing Bo around as much, if they want to be serious about Bo moving on from Hope, then we need to start seeing Hope without Bo more often. Otherwise, it's going to be hard to believe, considering we've never really seen her move on from Bo, genuinely. With Bo off the screen for a while, we're going to get to see Hope, the character, rather than Hope, half of iconic Bo and Hope.
Exactly.

I don't think for a second they planned this (although if it's a smokescreen for something story-wise, obviously that would change my stance) but I do think they may be taken advantage of this to push Hope and Carly on their own in different directions for a bit.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Melly
As lysie said, they are taping May right now.

Days hasn't been a mere two weeks ahead in terms of taping in several years.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

lysie
Mar 8 2010, 01:54 PM
Melly
They're already taping into May.
Which makes me worry that Bo will show up like the day of Alice's funeral and that's it. Or he may even miss it. Ugh.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

This smells fishy...all sorts of fishy....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Given the Alie stuff is not even set to begin until May (and with Corday being the one who said that I think it will probably start more in late May), I don't think Bo will miss out on being a part of the Alice memorial. Afterall, it's going to go on for a period of time and we don't even know when the funeral will be on the show. I think it's safe to say it won't be in May or June (which is what Peter not filming in February and March should directly affect) given it's not even starting until May.

aimees76
Member Avatar

:shame: Its Bryan all over again ...

Well, for Peter and Peter's fans sake, I hope not ... but this sure feels familiar.

esp13
Member Avatar

All I'm going to say is that this is exactly what happened to Stephen Nichols before he (and Mary Beth) got the ax. Suddenly, he just wasn't on the schedule anymore and didn't work at all for like 6 weeks. Granted, Mary Beth wasn't working that much either, but she was still on occassionally.

This may be exactly what TPTB say it is and it's just a temporary thing. But, experience says there is reason to wonder.

lysie
Member Avatar

We're all so jaded.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
I would prefer a reliable source because this does seem a bit skewed IMO.
I think the nugget we can take out of this is that he was told it would be a month longer than he previously thought. To me, that doesn't exactly jive with the 'purely because of his guarantee' reason. I'm sure he knows very well what his guarantee is and how close he is to approaching it.

Ellie

esp13
Mar 8 2010, 02:14 PM
All I'm going to say is that this is exactly what happened to Stephen Nichols before he (and Mary Beth) got the ax. Suddenly, he just wasn't on the schedule anymore and didn't work at all for like 6 weeks. Granted, Mary Beth wasn't working that much either, but she was still on occassionally.

This may be exactly what TPTB say it is and it's just a temporary thing. But, experience says there is reason to wonder.
Yep, and Bryan, same thing. I'm sure there are more examples. imo what they do is sort of a 'test study' by taking the person offscreen and seeing how it goes with the viewers. I don't think PR is going to be fired, but I do think his role could be greatly diminished.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

esp13
Mar 8 2010, 02:14 PM

Yes, I definitely have to wonder about this. Taking him suddenly off canvas for one month was weird enough, but for two? After they spent that time building the split for Bope and a revival of a romance with Carly?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply