Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Peter Reckell update: Not working in February or March
Topic Started: Mar 8 2010, 01:42 PM (9,622 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Mar 8 2010, 02:18 PM
Yep, and Bryan, same thing. I'm sure there are more examples. imo what they do is sort of a 'test study' by taking the person offscreen and seeing how it goes with the viewers. I don't think PR is going to be fired, but I do think his role could be greatly diminished.
Yes, it does feel like a test to see how much/if people will notice and be upset by Bo's absence. If I were a Bo fan I'd be writing some letters about now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

aimees76
Mar 8 2010, 02:13 PM
:shame: Its Bryan all over again ...

Well, for Peter and Peter's fans sake, I hope not ... but this sure feels familiar.
doesn't this remind you of what occurred to BD in 2008? He was in the center of a front burner storyline and then he was gone for a few months came back later in a matter of 4 months after that was completely away from that storyline and pushed toward one that made no sense we saw him less and less until one day we didn't see him in his own story.....and now he is gone....now it appears they are doing the same thing to PR....they even promised him a good storyline when he would be back (sounds familiar)...

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 8 2010, 02:19 PM
aimees76

Well, for Peter and Peter's fans sake, I hope not ... but this sure feels familiar.
doesn't this remind you of what occurred to BD in 2008? He was in the center of a front burner storyline and then he was gone for a few months came back later in a matter of 4 months after that was completely away from that storyline and pushed toward one that made no sense we saw him less and less until one day we didn't see him in his own story.....and now he is gone....now it appears they are doing the same thing to PR....they even promised him a good storyline when he would be back (sounds familiar)...
It happened to Drake, too, though he did get a revival there at the end. When we hear of the return of Mime Bo, we'll know to be really scared.

esp13
Member Avatar

I don't think letters really matter (no matter what anybody says, including the actors). What will matter is ratings/focus groups/etc. If the ratings don't go down (or even go up) while Bo is gone and TPTB get good feedback from whatever is going on with Hope and/or Carly while Bo is gone, then they'll know they can get away with sending Bo to Downtown Europe or Africa or just having him "in Salem" but never seen.

aimees76
Member Avatar

esp13
Mar 8 2010, 02:22 PM
I don't think letters really matter (no matter what anybody says, including the actors). What will matter is ratings/focus groups/etc. If the ratings don't go down (or even go up) while Bo is gone and TPTB get good feedback from whatever is going on with Hope and/or Carly while Bo is gone, then they'll know they can get away with sending Bo to Downtown Europe or Africa or just having him "in Salem" but never seen.
Yep.

Paxton
Member Avatar

esp13
I don't disagree, but writing letters in support doesn't hurt and at least it gives fans some outlet.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

lysie
Mar 8 2010, 02:21 PM
LuvingLumi
Mar 8 2010, 02:19 PM
aimees76

It happened to Drake, too, though he did get a revival there at the end. When we hear of the return of Mime Bo, we'll know to be really scared.
Yep, and as Esp noted...it happened to Mary Beth and Stephen.....they seem to test the waters at first with long time vets....I'll tell you writing doesn't do didly, at least it didn't work this summer when we campaigned for Lucas....the only time I think the petition did help was in the summer of 2007 when Bryan got the 'vibe' that his character could get killed off...and that was Jun of 2007....by August he was surviving the freezer truck...if we hadn't campaigned I think we would have lost Bryan sooner....and now I wonder if it wouldn't have been better to lose him then...than how we lost him now....

It's crazy though how they operate....the excuse they are using doesn't make sense....didn't these people do basic math...they film far in advance that they can manage his schedule....I don't get it..the excuse sounds like a very poor one or an outright lie....we'll know sooner or later.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Mar 8 2010, 02:34 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I just can't understand how or why the show would ever think it was a good idea to get rid of Bo. When they pulled this crap with Bryan or SN or MBE or Drake they were already backburnered and their place on the canvas greatly diminished. But Bo Brady is at the center of a love triangle, involved in two popular couples, one of the last Bradys left in Salem, his mother and father are still on the show and he has a sibling, children and nieces on the canvas, he has a prominent job in the town. It's just nuts to think they could erase a character at the center of so many connections like that!

I know PR really liked Ed Scott. I wonder if there's been some sort of personality clash between PR and GT since he took over? GT seems like a guy who totally rewards asskissers and will punish those who don't kiss the ring.

Ellie

IMissAremid
Mar 8 2010, 02:30 PM
I wonder if there's been some sort of personality clash between PR and GT since he took over? GT seems like a guy who totally rewards asskissers and will punish those who don't kiss the ring.
Interesting. "Personality clash with GT" does seem to be a theme sometimes. The fact that Peter communicated info in this way to his fans tells me there's something going on.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Paxton
Mar 8 2010, 02:26 PM
esp13
I don't disagree, but writing letters in support doesn't hurt and at least it gives fans some outlet.
Exactly. It can't hurt - and at least fans feel like they are helping in any sort of way.

I agree with those that have a very bad feeling about this. Something is definitely amiss. Particularly if PR feels the need to reach out to people in such a way and encourage them to write.

How in the hell is Bo less valuable to the canvas than Roman, though? :shame:

Paxton
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 8 2010, 02:33 PM
How in the hell is Bo less valuable to the canvas than Roman, though? :shame:
Quoted. For. Truth.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

IMissAremid
I just can't understand how or why the show would ever think it was a good idea to get rid of Bo. When they pulled this crap with Bryan or SN or MBE or Drake they were already backburnered and their place on the canvas greatly diminished. But Bo Brady is at the center of a love triangle, involved in two popular couples, one of the last Bradys left in Salem, his mother and father are still on the show and he has a sibling, children and nieces on the canvas, he has a prominent job in the town. It's just nuts to think they could erase a character at the center of so many connections like that!

I know PR really liked Ed Scott. I wonder if there's been some sort of personality clash between PR and GT since he took over? GT seems like a guy who totally rewards asskissers and will punish those who don't kiss the ring.
I have heard that GT does seem to clash with some actors..."it's his way or the highway".....

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 8 2010, 02:36 PM
IMissAremid

I have heard that GT does seem to clash with some actors..."it's his way or the highway".....
Which is odd, because wasn't that actually Scott's motto? Or something like it.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

lysie
Mar 8 2010, 02:37 PM
LuvingLumi
Mar 8 2010, 02:36 PM
IMissAremid

Which is odd, because wasn't that actually Scott's motto? Or something like it.
They appear to have very similar personalities...and I suspect the only reason why GT and KC are getting along is because the ratings have improved....

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

Thanks For posting, I love Bo, I also love Bope & CarBo.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I wonder if GT will pat Peter on the head and thank him for not pushing his character like he did with Bryan ... or if he will lash out at him for in fact pushing for his character by reaching out to his fans ... ? ... seems like the actors just can't win. If they are vets, that is. I am actually surprised that KA re-signed ... I really thought she would be next.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I can understand the concerns because of what's happened with others but given Bo is in major story right now and you know they need him around for either Hope or Carly, I don't see him going.

Lucas was a character heavily dependent on Sami for the longest time. The minute that cord was cut and we got EJami/Safe that was it. Steve was part of a botched return with Kayla. Again, not saying that I don't get why people are concerned but the circumstances are far different.

Who is this person anyway? Is the person who posted this a fan club president? That is what I mean. For all we know, they are stirring the pot for an agenda. This person also mentions KA resigning. I can't see KA resigning and PR going. No way. KA's place on the canvas is far more precarious then PR's. Given her story hasn't started yet but she's still been far less active then PR.

If PR wanted to say something, he could go the mags. I don't think he would use someone on a message board to speak for him on rumors and the situation. That to me is fishy. He's always been one to talk with the mags alot. Also, Kenny posted a tweet from CC when the PR stuff was first reported and she indicated there was far more to it then that. Now, some may say that could mean this is like BD or SN or even DH but CC didn't seem to indicate that PR was in any danger of being axed. She seemed to be indicating something else, perhaps something story-related.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

It would be nice Tim if your optimism carried the day, but with this show most of us have all been burned way too many times to trust it.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Mar 8 2010, 02:48 PM
Who is this person anyway? Is the person who posted this a fan club president? That is what I mean. For all we know, they are stirring the pot for an agenda.
Tim, I don't know if PR has a "fan club", but it's a fan who emails with PR. I have verified his info in the past. There are certain fans (of any actor or actress) who have more info and/or contact than others. We have posted items from these people here from time to time.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I think there is something more to this than the episode guarantee. One month without PR was not something I liked but it was manageable. Two months is really pushing it. They can make Hope viable without Bo and not have Reckell off the canvas. This stalls the triangle they had going so I also don't think it was originally planned this way.

I'd love to say that I'm confident this is not bad news for PR. However, we all know there are no more untouchables at Days. I'm a little worried as to what this means for Peter's upcoming contract negotiations with the show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply