Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Peter Reckell update: Not working in February or March
Topic Started: Mar 8 2010, 01:42 PM (9,441 Views)
Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
Mar 8 2010, 02:48 PM
I can understand the concerns because of what's happened with others but given Bo is in major story right now and you know they need him around for either Hope or Carly, I don't see him going.

But that's exactly why him being off canvas for two full months--if, in fact, this information is accurate and even if you doubt THIS source didn't SOD already report he'd be off for a month--makes the whole thing seem so shady. I understand your points about how Lucas, Steve and Kayla were not really being used but that didn't happen overnight with any of them either. It was sort of a gradual thing that Lucas became not only less involved with Sami but also in his own story with Daniel and Chloe.

As others have noted in this thread, it's possible they changed direction and decided to go with a Daniel/Carly/Chloe triangle, maybe with Chloe getting back into Philip's orbit too (Nadia continues to tweet about working with Jay when for well over a year Phloe weren't allowed to interact at all). With Adrienne coming back maybe Hope gets a triangle with Justin--who knows? I'm just saying I don't see PR's situation as being radically different from the others who have one day just stopped being around.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I really don't think they are going to let him go either.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

I hope they aren't pushing Peter out the door. It seems weird that they would back-burner Peter but keep Kristian front and center. I think of them as a packaged deal.

Ellie

SOD just posted this and linked to the first SC board post I quoted...

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Angie79
Mar 8 2010, 02:59 PM
I really don't think they are going to let him go either.
I don't either. But then again, I never thought I'd be watching DAYS without Deidre Hall as part of the cast.

salempc
Member Avatar

So long Peter.

Fool me once...

TINA222
Member Avatar

Now its two months? Hmmmm. Is anyone going to be shocked when it turns into 4 months? Then five?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

One month off happens to alot of characters. Some of them like Abe, Lexie, Roman and Caroline can be off-screen for months and people are like "meh, business as usual". But with others it's always a big deal, even if they are just off for a week or two. Or when J&M were away in summer 06. I really don't see the big deal.

Or maybe things have changed since GT came on and this is a sign that PR is in the risk zone like SN, MBE, TP and BD all were before they were canned.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

PhoenixRising05
Mar 8 2010, 02:48 PM
Lucas was a character heavily dependent on Sami for the longest time. The minute that cord was cut and we got EJami/Safe that was it. Steve was part of a botched return with Kayla. Again, not saying that I don't get why people are concerned but the circumstances are far different.

I can understand Lucas' dependance on Sami...and basically his stories always revolved around her. That was what BD would always want...to have Lucas storyline away from Sami...but heck he never got that. I have to say though that when BD left the time before last and Lucas was sent you jail he was in a front burner storyline involved in his own A story triangle much like Bo is now...then it changed direction when he got back, Rafe came in and Lucas was off Sami's orbit entirely with very minimal contact and very few scenes....he even was taken away from his own triangle. What appears to be happening with Bo is the same thing....that happened then to BD....he might come back but if the triangle shifts away from Bo then I don't see Bo staying long after he comes back, playing they will just have his contract expire like BD's and call it a day. TPTB really don't know how to do anything right....they simply can't...it's disgusting.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 8 2010, 02:33 PM
How in the hell is Bo less valuable to the canvas than Roman, though? :shame:
Is Bo being replaced and Roman is taking over in a frontburner story? If not, I don't see what that's got to do with this.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Sindacco
Mar 8 2010, 03:08 PM
Or maybe things have changed since GT came on and this is a sign that PR is in the risk zone like SN, MBE, TP and BD all were before they were canned.
Since GT took over the EP role it does appear that he is creating a pattern and it's becoming clear to the viewing audience what happens. It's not a coincidence that all those that you mentioned were backburned or shipped off and either never came back or came back to be shown infrequently and then they were gone.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Sindacco
One month off happens to alot of characters. Some of them like Abe, Lexie, Roman and Caroline can be off-screen for months and people are like "meh, business as usual". But with others it's always a big deal, even if they are just off for a week or two. Or when J&M were away in summer 06. I really don't see the big deal.

I don't see how Lexie, Abe, Caroline, and Roman are comparable to Bo at this point. Bo's in the middle of a big story. The rest of them have been used as glorified set decorations for years....which sucks, but it's still not the same. I actually wouldn't have thought a break for PR was a big deal if it hadn't shown up in the magazines like it did. That reaks of trying to pretend like it's a lesser deal than it is, IMO. If it really weren't a big deal, we'd have never heard about it.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 8 2010, 03:15 PM
Sindacco

I don't see how Lexie, Abe, Caroline, and Roman are comparable to Bo at this point. Bo's in the middle of a big story. The rest of them have been used as glorified set decorations for years....which sucks, but it's still not the same. I actually wouldn't have thought a break for PR was a big deal if it hadn't shown up in the magazines like it did. That reaks of trying to pretend like it's a lesser deal than it is, IMO. If it really weren't a big deal, we'd have never heard about it.
So true. This really has me concerned that PR is about to go the way of the DH's and I really don't think Days can afford to lose another vet.

I agree with whoever said it will come down to ratings. I just hope we don't lose another vet!!

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

If he isn't being phased out, this at least smells like hardball contract negotiations.

Ellie

The fact that PR is asking fans to write in for "either pairing" tells me he wants Bo to be viewed as a viable romantic lead. As some in this thread have said, I wonder if TPTB want to put Crystal with someone else and keep Bo and Hope split up.

pixiedust

I love Peter and all but the scariest part of that letter to me was "the show is in negotiations with the network right now" :scared:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This has nothing to do with optimism.

If PR is in danger, so is KA. I can see why CC isn't given they could just toss her at Daniel or even Justin. We all know if the show ended tomorrow that Bo and Hope are endgame. That is why I don't buy Peter leaving. The person who posted this info mentions KA resigning at the same time as speculating about Peter's future? That makes no sense. Contracts mean nothing, sure, but why renew KA if your not even sure about keeping PR? How does that make sense? They would either renew both or none at all because if Bo goes more then likely Hope and Ciara goes with them. The show would no way keep Hope without him, especially since they can cut even more off the budget by just sending Hope out with Bo. That is why I can't get all worked up about PR.

I totally get why people are concerned based on the past but it's all about the context of things IMO. If this was some sort of clash with GT, PR would've been gone a long time ago. I'm supposed to believe he sat through the whole "Bo is psychic" fiasco and all of a sudden now he clashes with GT when he's in a frontburner love triangle getting alot of press? Bo would no way be frontburner and involved so much if GT didn't want him around. It was evident from day one that GT had no use for Drake, Dee, Stephen, Mary Beth, or Bryan, If you asked me back a year ago, I may have said the same about Peter too but given his prominence in story now and how he is used even when his own story is not in focus, I would be STUNNED if they axed him, especially if KA is sticking around.

I also don't see this being any sort of hardball tactics for his contract. KA and PR both took cuts in November 2008. PR has been very open about the show's financial situation. He gets it. He also has a daughter so I don't see him playing some sort of game with his contract.

I do think there is more to it but not in terms of Peter's future but in terms of whatever they may be doing story-wise. Here's another theory for you: did anyone ever think maybe they are taking Peter off to help pay for those who will be coming in for Alice? If Peter ended up over guarantee, they would have to pay him more and maybe they don't want to so they can have the money to do things right for Alice. This all did come up right after Frances died so who knows.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Mar 8 2010, 03:39 PM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I have believed ever since S&K and J&M were shipped off, that tptb were bound and determined to kill this show's legacy of supercouples. After they killed Lumi and fired Bryan, I figured it was only a matter of time before Bo and Hope were decimated ... when they brought on CC I figured it was a done deal for KA, and they would just go with CarBo, so I as surprised to hear this news about PR. It does make a twisted kind of sense though, that they could just toss Carly into a triangle/quad with Daniel/Chloe/(Philip), and with bringing back Adrienne, she will likely be in a triangle with Justin and Hope. I don't care that KA said that Justin wasn't a love interest because CC had originally said that Carly wouldn't be romantically involved with Bo. I don't know, I just don't trust this regime at all, it has been clear as day for quite some time now that they are determined to kill all the couples and decimate the fan bases.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Hey we survived 2 months without Nicole, I think the show can survive 2 months without Bo. I just hope he doesn't miss out on the Alice tribute. That will be fucked up if Bo isn't present for that.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Why is someone with so much experience and who has been on the show for so long getting less air time then Molly who plays Melanie.. & they wonder why they are losing so many viewers its because they don't care enough about the core actors/actresses of the show, as far as i'm concerned, Alison Sweeney should take a break, love her to death but please, too much Sami & Melanie drama! I don't care enough for those characters!!
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply