Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Peter Reckell update: Not working in February or March
Topic Started: Mar 8 2010, 01:42 PM (9,632 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

AlisonLou
Mar 10 2010, 07:25 PM
Exactly! And I didn't start the petition someone else did! There is alot of people who respect Peter and don't want to see him off the show! The person who did the petition did it to show that there is support for Peter and to let the show know.
Can someone show me proof that these online petitions really matter? Everytime I read that someone has one, I also read that they mean squat. I know for a fact they can be spammed because I've done it myself!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Mar 9 2010, 07:46 PM
When did they say Melanie was 18?
On Tuesday Mel whined that instead of 18 years of hell, she could have had 18 years of being raised by Daniel.

So, I think she's 19 still, as the last birthday we saw was her 18th with Nick in 08.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHx_9ammyY8

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

UKDaysFan
Mar 11 2010, 03:56 AM
Halloween Family
Mar 9 2010, 07:46 PM
When did they say Melanie was 18?
On Tuesday Mel whined that instead of 18 years of hell, she could have had 18 years of being raised by Daniel.

So, I think she's 19 still, as the last birthday we saw was her 18th with Nick in 08.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHx_9ammyY8
Ok, I remember that line. What I think was meant is that her hell ended with Trent's death near her 18th bday. Also, you are still a minor until age 18. I don't think they were saying she was 19.

Cerulean
Member Avatar

GT's one claim to fame was that he was supposedly a good manager. There goes that. :shrug: How did the man not know that one of his highest paid stars was reaching his end of his episode limit? Especially when the actor was in the middle of the big story that GT himself set in motion by hiring Crystal back in the summer.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Cerulean
Mar 15 2010, 01:50 PM
GT's one claim to fame was that he was supposedly a good manager. There goes that. :shrug: How did the man not know that one of his highest paid stars was reaching his end of his episode limit? Especially when the actor was in the middle of the big story that GT himself set in motion by hiring Crystal back in the summer.
I hate to sound cynical, but perhaps it was not accidental at all. A high salaried actor who is in danger of going over the guarantee is a good cover story that is couched in truth.

Despite what any fans think or feel, to the show runners, it is a business.

dooldooldool

pspcindy
Mar 15 2010, 04:12 PM
Cerulean
Mar 15 2010, 01:50 PM
GT's one claim to fame was that he was supposedly a good manager. ....... How did the man not know that one of his highest paid stars was reaching his end of his episode limit?
I hate to sound cynical, but perhaps it was not accidental at all. A high salaried actor who is in danger of going over the guarantee is a good cover story that is couched in truth. Despite what any fans think or feel, to the show runners, it is a business.
Exactly.

As we continue to beat the dead horse incessantly.

I would much rather watch a story with actors appearing 3-4X a week, then getting an extended break from our screen, than watch someone appear 1-2X a week trying to tell a story. Look at the mess that was the "psychic vision" storyline, where Bo+Hope would pop up once or twice a week.

A successful business must use its resources wisely.

AlisonLou

I hope Peter's back for the Alice tribute! It would be wrong not to have Bo there!

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

I wouldn't think given that it's pretty much going to happen probably in November that he should be back. He's been given February and March off so hopefully if he comes back to tape in April maybe he shows up by June or July.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Someone asked CC on Twitter tonight if she was working a lot next week. She responded that Peter is back taping next week.

https://twitter.com/crystalchappell/status/10700640631

Quote:

@PattiC14 yes. Mon, Tues and Thurs I think. Peter is back then. xo

AlisonLou

Thanks! This is good news!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

dc cubs
Mar 18 2010, 10:28 PM
Someone asked CC on Twitter tonight if she was working a lot next week. She responded that Peter is back taping next week.

Quote:

And all's right with the world! That's good news.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Mar 18 2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:

Awesome,I was just coming in,to see if there was word of his return..this is great :)

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Great to hear that he is back filming next week, so that means we should see him mid-May, right?

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Glad that he is back.

tje8375
Member Avatar

Guys this smacks of something else. Get out those pens and paper and flood them with fan mail. Don't let them destroy another veteran Days actor. Oh, I could scream. :soapbox:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Molly Burnett mentioned him being there in the makeup room today too.

I spyyyy in the makeup room @ericmartsolf @Ari_Zucker @crystalchappell @RealNadiaB Bo, Hope, Philip, Victor, Vivian, Kate oh my!

http://twitter.com/mollydollyy/status/11040595721

dc cubs
Member Avatar

The print edition of TV Guide Magazine states that Peter's last air date before his hiatus is April 7th. Michael Logan says PR will be off a "few" weeks.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

dc cubs
Mar 30 2010, 02:52 PM
The print edition of TV Guide Magazine states that Peter's last air date before his hiatus is April 7th. Michael Logan says PR will be off a "few" weeks.
What really bugs me is he's barely been on this month. Why couldn't they just keep him airing sporadically like this until the issue is past the point of concern?

I've always suspected this isn't just about the guarantee. I think there are story reasons too.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Mar 30 2010, 02:57 PM
dc cubs
What really bugs me is he's barely been on this month. Why couldn't they just keep him airing sporadically like this until the issue is past the point of concern?

I've always suspected this isn't just about the guarantee. I think there are story reasons too.
Logan repeated the episode guarantee was the reason for the PR exit. However, I agree that this probably fits the story right now.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

dc cubs
Mar 30 2010, 03:06 PM
PhoenixRising05
Mar 30 2010, 02:57 PM
dc cubs

Logan repeated the episode guarantee was the reason for the PR exit. However, I agree that this probably fits the story right now.
Oh, I'm sure the guarantee is a reason but I tend to think they could've just kept going about it the way they are now...by using PR sporadically. They've done that before. Why go about it by writing him off for a period of time? There had to a reason why they chose this approach so my thinking is maybe they just wanted him out of Hope and Carly's orbit for awhile or maybe we will see his return start up something story-wise (kind of like KA's return from her maternity leave in 2002).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply