Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Nicole blackmails Anna!; March 23rd issue; article summary
Topic Started: Mar 9 2010, 02:10 PM (3,889 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

Nicole remembers that Anna is the one that kidnapped Sydney and she uses it to her advantage.

While in her jail cell, Nicole keeps thinking about Anna and wondering why she would take Sydney. AZ says, “She is not putting two and two together and realizing that EJ is involved and then just thinks, ‘Who cares why she took her? She took her.’” Nicole then calls Anna and summons her to jail. Anna tries to deny that she had anything to do with Sydney’s disappearance, but Nicole doesn’t believe her. Nicole says “Well, you wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t an issue.” Nicole catches her. Anna doesn’t admit it, but it’s obvious that it is true.

Nicole then comes up with a plan. Ari says, “Nicole remembers that Anna got all googly-eyed about the governor because he was an ex-boyfriend of hers. She says, ‘In order for me to keep my mouth shut, you have to get me a pardon.’” Anna asks how she can do that and Nicole tells her that she has 24 hours to get her out or else she will be in jail too. Anna realizes that she is screwed either way, so she goes to the governor.

Look out Arianna!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

Woohoo!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Hell yeah!

This sounds great! WELCOME BACK, NICOLE!! :dance:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I love this take charge attitude that Nicole has back. Please, keep her the hell away from EJ!

six
Member Avatar

Finally, we're getting something interesting.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I don't think EJ was what made it go away. EJ and Nicole were great together until she lost the baby and, naturally, because of the story, Nicole became emotional. I don't think her character ever changed. She was just being driven by enormous pain. I still think EJ and Nicole could still be great but it would make no sense to put them together now. Down the road...who knows.

I'm just happy she is back and I can't wait until she's out and going after EJ.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

:dance:

lysie
Member Avatar

A character who thinks! Played by an actor who acts! Unprecedented!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Mar 9 2010, 02:24 PM
^I don't think EJ was what made it go away. EJ and Nicole were great together until she lost the baby and, naturally, because of the story, Nicole became emotional. I don't think her character ever changed. She was just being driven by enormous pain. I still think EJ and Nicole could still be great but it would make no sense to put them together now. Down the road...who knows.
I disagree. I was never a fan of EJ and Nicole. And I didn't see the sparks that everyone else saw in them either. The only positive thing I could recall from that pairing was that it was refreshing to have EJ doing something other than interferring with Lucas and Sami. That was it for me. And then EJ and Nicole became a legit thing and it really went downhill for me. The minute she was paired with EJ, Nicole went downhill for me actually. She became pathetic, always coming in second to Sami. And then, shortly after, she was pregnant and we all know how the character became after that...

six
Member Avatar

IMO, it wasn't EJ, but it was being in a relationship. This show has yet to let a young woman keep her edge and a man. Ejole did Nicole no favors, and I really dread seeing what her next relationship will do to the character.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

six
Mar 9 2010, 02:30 PM
IMO, it wasn't EJ, but it was being in a relationship. This show has yet to let a young woman keep her edge and a man. Ejole did Nicole no favors, and I really dread seeing what her next relationship will do to the character.
I could agree with this, even though I still think the character of EJ doesn't work in a relationship with the character of Nicole. And for some reason, the show didn't want to have Nicole keep her edge when she was with EJ. From the very beginning, the thing that made her Nicole was missing once she was paired with EJ. She didn't have that fire she had when she was with Lucas, Victor, Austin, Colin and even Brady. I don't count Eric in there because Nicole was in no way shape or form the character she is now when she was in a relationship with Eric.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I also believed it was the circumstances that weighed down EJole. They had all the sparks- flirty, sexy, couple- just look at them during the DK War. I loved that time!

However, I dont want them together right now. I hate this EJ and the only reason I want them sharing scenes is because A) AZ and JS play off of each other well and B) Nicole is going to expose his stupid ass plans and BLACKMAIL his ass for $$$!

Thanks for posting....YOU GO NICOLE! Anna doesnt have a prayer!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Mar 9 2010, 02:10 PM
Nicole then comes up with a plan. Ari says, “Nicole remembers that Anna got all googly-eyed about the governor because he was an ex-boyfriend of hers.
Although I am beyond thrilled that Nicole is back and doing what it takes, and happy that she'll finally make the disgusting snoozefest of Rafe/EJ/Sami watchable again, this kind of plot contrivance always annoys me. Did Nicole and Anna ever even interact before? If they did I don't remember it and it's awfully convenient that she just happened to mention her highly-placed ex that she still carries a torch for, who we've never heard of before. Almost as annoying as, "Hi, I'm Daniel Jonas and Victor is my godfather who adores me even though he's never mentioned me before."

Thanks for posting, Angie!

six
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Mar 9 2010, 02:33 PM
six
I could agree with this, even though I still think the character of EJ doesn't work in a relationship with the character of Nicole. And for some reason, the show didn't want to have Nicole keep her edge when she was with EJ. From the very beginning, the thing that made her Nicole was missing once she was paired with EJ. She didn't have that fire she had when she was with Lucas, Victor, Austin, Colin and even Brady. I don't count Eric in there because Nicole was in no way shape or form the character she is now when she was in a relationship with Eric.
I think the difference with the other relationships (except Austin I missed that one and can't comment) is that they were shams from the beginning. Nicole wasn't in it for the love, like she supposedly was with EJ. I think I could've enjoyed ejole if Nicole hadn't suddenly went baby crazy when she got pregnant, like a typical soap woman (since when did she long for a baby?) and become so submissive to EJ. I didn't see the chemistry either, but if ejole had sparred more, it would've been more fun to watch.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Paxton
Mar 9 2010, 02:35 PM
Angie79
Mar 9 2010, 02:10 PM
Nicole then comes up with a plan. Ari says, “Nicole remembers that Anna got all googly-eyed about the governor because he was an ex-boyfriend of hers.
Although I am beyond thrilled that Nicole is back and doing what it takes, and happy that she'll finally make the disgusting snoozefest of Rafe/EJ/Sami watchable again, this kind of plot contrivance always annoys me. Did Nicole and Anna ever even interact before? If they did I don't remember it and it's awfully convenient that she just happened to mention her highly-placed ex that she still carries a torch for, who we've never heard of before. Almost as annoying as, "Hi, I'm Daniel Jonas and Victor is my godfather who adores me even though he's never mentioned me before."

Thanks for posting, Angie!
Haha, I thought the same thing. I'm hoping the governor is at the jail when Anna comes to visit Nicole and Nicole sees Anna interacting with him, realizing that the two share a past. Otherwise, it's a little contrived for my liking.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

It is a stupid way for Nicole to remember since shes been MONTHS in jail not remembering who took Syd.

I wish they filmed a flashback of Anna holding a pic of the gov and Nicole walking in...but I doubt it...lazy writing and probably budget.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

six
Mar 9 2010, 02:38 PM
DrewHamilton
six
I think the difference with the other relationships (except Austin I missed that one and can't comment) is that they were shams from the beginning. Nicole wasn't in it for the love, like she supposedly was with EJ. I think I could've enjoyed ejole if Nicole hadn't suddenly went baby crazy when she got pregnant, like a typical soap woman (since when did she long for a baby?) and become so submissive to EJ. I didn't see the chemistry either, but if ejole had sparred more, it would've been more fun to watch.
That I would agree with. I think we should've saw more development between EJ and Nicole before she became pregnant and the character was ruined. Timing definitely hurt the character of Nicole in that storyline.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
DrewHamilton
six
Long for a baby, I don't know. But she had mentioned at least once with Victor and once with Austin that she wanted one.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
I wish they filmed a flashback of Anna holding a pic of the gov and Nicole walking in...but I doubt it...lazy writing and probably budget.
That would be good too. Unfortunately, details like that, which are essential and could really further the storyline, isn't something this writing team cares about taking the 30 seconds to put together. Instead, we get to see flashbacks, although not as bad as they have been in the past.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Nicole's the type to put away whatever hurt her into her dark place and try not to think about it anymore. She did mention it before, especially since she was told that she couldnt have kids.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply