Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Nicole blackmails Anna!; March 23rd issue; article summary
Topic Started: Mar 9 2010, 02:10 PM (3,865 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Paxton
Mar 9 2010, 03:05 PM
PhoenixRising05
Mar 9 2010, 02:58 PM
I think the issue is that once Nicole lost that baby, alot of the developments they made with Ejole went down the drain because the focus went all to Nicole and her scheme and was not as much on her relationship with EJ. It became all about the baby and not the relationship.
I would contend that once the show decided to write in AS's pregnancy is when the change was made to the EJole relationship. EJ certainly was at the very least legitimately torn in his feelings up until that point and I have actually been hard-pressed to see any love from EJ towards Sami, with the exception of the occasional random moment, over the last two years. I remember a lot of talk on the boards at the time and this one in particular about AS allegedly being the script-writing diva and that some fans didn't blame her if that was true because Sami was losing EJ to Nicole and Lucas to Chloe and where did that leave Sami? We'll never know what would have happened if AS hadn't gotten pregnant, of course, or if the show hadn't decided to write it in, but I certainly would have liked to have had the chance to find out. For the record I was not excited about Nicole getting pregnant either, as I dislike Salem women being all about the babies babies babies.
Oh, I agree.

I do wonder what the show would be like. However, who knows what would've happened without the baby switch. That story was a big reason IMO the show rebounded in the ratings and it's created so much story so I tend to think things may have turned out worse.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I dont even want to dream what it would have been like without AS and her interference. Dare I say DAYS would have been better?! More people would be interacting?

I'm just glad that Nicole's blackmailing Anna!

six
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Mar 9 2010, 02:58 PM
six
Mar 9 2010, 02:52 PM
lysie
Mar 9 2010, 02:41 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I don't remember that, but if it was only a couple of times, then I see why. It came out of nowhere for me. I remember her being a pretty bad stepmom to Will and trying to convince Lucas that it would be best to give him back to Sami. I agree with Drew that it would've been better for her to gradually realize she wanted a child. It didn't seem to me that they gave Nicole layers so much as they made the decision to write this switch, decided Nicole was the best person for the job, and wrote it without much set up or concern to who she was.
Well, she got pregnant so it was out of her control. She didn't set out to have a baby. It just happened and, when it did, it brought out the fact that she did want one. That is the part that I felt tied back to her past. I think she felt like the baby could be a redemption of sorts for her because of everything she did when she was young and everything she had done in recent years.

They did do a little bit with her dog too. I remember a scene where she told EJ that she loved her dog because it was all she had. The dog would always love her, no matter what. I think she even mentioned at one point that Pookie was like a child to her so that played to that too.

Nicole is the one character that all the writers seem to have agreed on since she returned. They've always been very careful with how to develop her and they've always made her sympathetic while staying true to the character. I think the issue is that once Nicole lost that baby, alot of the developments they made with Ejole went down the drain because the focus went all to Nicole and her scheme and was not as much on her relationship with EJ. It became all about the baby and not the relationship.
She didn't set out to have a baby, but when she found out she was pregnant, she immediately leapt on board like I don't believe Nicole would have. If she'd at least struggled with the news, and wondered how she was going to get by, it would've been more in character.

Drew, I've wondered the same thing. I do think Rafe only appeared to get Sami out of Salem.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Does the article really say "Look out Arianna!"?

I take it they're going to throw her right into the Brianna situation then?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
Mar 9 2010, 02:27 PM
A character who thinks! Played by an actor who acts! Unprecedented!
lol....what a novel idea.....

this sounds good.....actually I knew the story would be interesting again once Nicole came back.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

IMissAremid
Mar 9 2010, 03:18 PM
Does the article really say "Look out Arianna!"?

I take it they're going to throw her right into the Brianna situation then?
Yeah, it does.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

After she found out about being pregnant, she was nervous because she didnt know how would EJ respond. We had several scenes where she would say that she would try and be the best mom that she never had. Then we had her questioning herself with EJ when she came back from jail. She was very believable in having those fears a first time mother feels.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Liz<3Days
Mar 9 2010, 02:35 PM
I also believed it was the circumstances that weighed down EJole. They had all the sparks- flirty, sexy, couple- just look at them during the DK War. I loved that time!

However, I dont want them together right now. I hate this EJ and the only reason I want them sharing scenes is because A) AZ and JS play off of each other well and B) Nicole is going to expose his stupid ass plans and BLACKMAIL his ass for $$$!

Thanks for posting....YOU GO NICOLE! Anna doesnt have a prayer!
Oh I think you are right...but I don't believe the blackmail will be for money but for a place in Sydney's life which will drive EJ, not to mention Sami crazy....lol...I'm telling you she's be living in the mansion in no time.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
Mar 9 2010, 02:41 PM
six
Mar 9 2010, 02:38 PM
DrewHamilton
Mar 9 2010, 02:33 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I think the difference with the other relationships (except Austin I missed that one and can't comment) is that they were shams from the beginning. Nicole wasn't in it for the love, like she supposedly was with EJ. I think I could've enjoyed ejole if Nicole hadn't suddenly went baby crazy when she got pregnant, like a typical soap woman (since when did she long for a baby?) and become so submissive to EJ. I didn't see the chemistry either, but if ejole had sparred more, it would've been more fun to watch.
Long for a baby, I don't know. But she had mentioned at least once with Victor and once with Austin that she wanted one.
Didn't she really long for a baby after being told she would never be able to carry a baby to term? I do think she longed for one and when she got pregnant she believed it was a miracle pregnancy especially after the doctors told her all was going well with her pregnancy.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 9 2010, 03:22 PM
Liz<3Days
I also believed it was the circumstances that weighed down EJole. They had all the sparks- flirty, sexy, couple- just look at them during the DK War. I loved that time!

However, I dont want them together right now. I hate this EJ and the only reason I want them sharing scenes is because A) AZ and JS play off of each other well and B) Nicole is going to expose his stupid ass plans and BLACKMAIL his ass for $$$!

Oh I think you are right...but I don't believe the blackmail will be for money but for a place in Sydney's life which will drive EJ, not to mention Sami crazy....lol...I'm telling you she's be living in the mansion in no time.
I think Nicole has resigned that Syd's not hers. At least I hope she's not fixated on her. I do think she'll blackmail EJ for not only what she starts figuring out about his connection to Anna, but she needs a cushy settlement.

I want her FAR, FAR, AWAY from the crap is are EJ and Sami. The only person I feel bad for are the kids! This EJ can have her!

I have a feel that she'll be the interloper between Brianna.

six
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
After she found out about being pregnant, she was nervous because she didnt know how would EJ respond. We had several scenes where she would say that she would try and be the best mom that she never had. Then we had her questioning herself with EJ when she came back from jail. She was very believable in having those fears a first time mother feels.
She was nervous about EJ. I don't remember her being nervous about whether it was even a good idea, or whether the baby might be better off with someone else or something. John had to force her into even telling EJ. Not only did she immediately plan to raise the baby, she was even going to do it by herself. I just didn't see Nicole climbing on board the motherhood train so quickly like that.

Oh well, with that line someone (SocR?) brought up with her saying it's time to move on in regards to Sydney, it sounds like we'll be getting what I consider the true Nicole back anyway. At least one of the fun characters will be herself for awhile.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

DrewHamilton
Mar 9 2010, 03:11 PM
I do wonder how the show would be right now had they never had both Nicole and Sami pregnant at the same time. Everything would be completely different. Everything. We may not even have Rafe. *sigh*
:o

Damn! Posted Image

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Paxton
Mar 9 2010, 03:05 PM
I remember a lot of talk on the boards at the time and this one in particular about AS allegedly being the script-writing diva and that some fans didn't blame her if that was true because Sami was losing EJ to Nicole and Lucas to Chloe and where did that leave Sami? We'll never know what would have happened if AS hadn't gotten pregnant, of course, or if the show hadn't decided to write it in, but I certainly would have liked to have had the chance to find out. For the record I was not excited about Nicole getting pregnant either, as I dislike Salem women being all about the babies babies babies.
I guess we'll never know what would have happened if AS hadn't gotten pregnant although I do think that they might have written in Nicole's pregnancy regardless, I'm not sure about Sami's though.....they got a lot of aire time out of this baby switch ....but I don't think anyone was thinking of giving Sami ANOTHER kid especially when the twins weren't even 18 months old at the time she got pregnant...but Nicole is a different story....I somehow think that when they bought back Nicole and had her sleep with Ej someone in the writing team was thinking, "we'll get Nicole preggers".....so that Sami can fight for EJ then, she was all jealous at the time and they were showing it throughout even to the point that she kissed Lucas thinking he was EJ....there was a reason they moved Lucas toward Chloe....but then GT came on... bought in GG saddled him to Sami and the rest is history....
Edited by LuvingLumi, Mar 9 2010, 03:43 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I really hope they don't waste Nicole in a boring triangle with Brady and Arianna.

I just don't care.

Let her shake it up with Victor and Vivian. Maybe she could try getting her hooks into Victor again. She could certainly use his money/power/influence to pull herself out of the trenches. I would love to see her spar with Vivian.

Thanks Angie!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Kenny
Mar 9 2010, 03:38 PM
I really hope they don't waste Nicole in a boring triangle with Brady and Arianna.

I just don't care.

Let her shake it up with Victor and Vivian. Maybe she could try getting her hooks into Victor again. I'm sure she could use his money/power/influence to pull herself out of the trenches. I would love to see her go at it with Vivian.

Thanks Angie!
Sadly, I think they will. It seems like everyone in Salem either needs to be chasing after someone, or pining for someone else?

I wish for some Viv and Nicole scenes. Like congrats on blackmailing Anna and maybe offers her a job!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Liz<3Days
Mar 9 2010, 03:32 PM
LuvingLumi
Liz<3Days

I think Nicole has resigned that Syd's not hers. At least I hope she's not fixated on her. I do think she'll blackmail EJ for not only what she starts figuring out about his connection to Anna, but she needs a cushy settlement.

I want her FAR, FAR, AWAY from the crap is are EJ and Sami. The only person I feel bad for are the kids! This EJ can have her!

I have a feel that she'll be the interloper between Brianna.
Yeah, but we won't know until the first scenes with her back aire. I know that she hinted to Chloe that she needs to move on..but this is Nicole we are talking about and she really loved Sydney. No doubt that she will be the one to really screw Ej's plan up....

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Sounds excellent!

Now THIS is the Nicole I remember.
Edited by Eric83, Mar 9 2010, 04:05 PM.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

thanks for posting

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I would love to see Nicole back in Victor's orbit again. I think her whole return as Mrs. Kiriakis back in April '08 ended too quickly.

libra67

Welcome back Nichole, you have been missed.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply