Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real Housewives of... Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2009, 05:34 PM (64,566 Views)
King
Member Avatar

I think so, Edge. That is what I read in the thread. I have no idea why though.

Definitely two part reunions.

I agree about Cynthia and Nene, but I still think Cynthia is taking the place of someone who can be far more interesting and entertaining.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Drew
Mar 7 2013, 06:10 AM
I've come to the point where I accept boring Cynthia :lol: Basically without her NeNe would have no ties to anyone while she's in LA. It's the only genuine friendship.

13-15 episode seasons, MAX! 2 part reunions only! We've probably got another 4-5 weeks of both shows not counting reunions. Condense it better and drag out a Lost Footage show. If their strategy is to never have a time when there isn't a RHO series running then space them out more, or launch another city.

I am kind of over Phaedra so she and Porsha can hit the road.

They NEED to launch a Real Housewives of Dallas, but it will probably never happen. :(

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Isn't there a show on another network about women in Dallas? I thought Bravo aired it once, but I get confused.

I like Cynthia. And she's willing to be the one who stirs the pot- she basically copped to it on Andy's show when asked why she was telling things to Kenya. I think the show needs someone to play that part.

Watching part of the Vegas episode of the ATL ladies- I kind of like them all. It's pure comedy, lightweight, and almost totally unreal which I appreciate (I don't need to watch someone's real life relationships crumble).

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

BH's Season 4 is going to be all about Lisa/Brandi vs. Kyle. Those ladies are making it no secret that Kyle is going to be their target now that Adrienne and Camille are off the show. And I hope it really comes back to bite Lisa and Brandi in the ass.

I've been one to question Yolanda's place on the show since the beginning of the season. However, I've been coming around to Yolanda since the Las Vegas episode. She's taking over the role of peacemaker that Adrienne had in the first two seasons. I like that role for Yolanda. And I'm starting to really appreciate her honesty. At first, I felt like she wasn't giving a balanced sense of honesty. It seemed like she wouldn't say anything bad about Lisa or Brandi. I didn't like that. If you're going to paint yourself as "brutally honest" then you better be that way for everyone. Not just some. So when Yolanda called Lisa out in her interview on the last episode for Lisa's treatment of Kim, she definitely gained points for me. And I'd like to see her come back. Plus, her wealth is out of this world. And great to see. It's what distinguished BH from the rest.

I adore Kim, so I want to see her back. She's much more fun now that she's sober. Always the underdog. And you know reality TV audiences love the underdog. At least I do.

We already know Adrienne is out. And I hope the rumors about Taylor leaving are true as well. I liked Season 1 and 2 Taylor. And it's not that I dislike Taylor now, I'm just kind of over her at this point. I'm not longer interested in watching her anymore.

I say keep the cast to six housewives, and add only one more wife. Try to really get a big name too. I know many housewives in the Beverly Hills area are turned off from the show, but there has to be someone that's willing to join the cast. Yolanda's there. Nothing really happened to her image. It's all in the way you present yourself. If you don't take the crap that women like Brandi dish out, you have nothing to worry about.

Moving onto ATL's next season...

I've definitely liked Cynthia this season, more so than I ever have the last two seasons. Especially after she admitted to knowing what her role is on the show. The shit-stirrer. Cynthia is FINALLY doing something other than crying about Peter. That storyline was old the minute they started fussing back in Season 3. I've been behind the campaign to get rid of Cynthia for two seasons now. I've changed my mind. I'd like to see her stay now.

NeNe, Kandi and Phaedra have to stay. Up until the Hollywood dinner party fiasco, I've really enjoyed Season 5 NeNe. I'll let the way she acted in that episode slide though. Even if it reminded me too much of Season 4 NeNe. I hate that she's around less. While I'm enjoying her getting along with the girls, for the most part, her role on the show has started to feel forced. She only comes back to ATL for brief visits to film. It's nice, but it stands out and distracts me from what else is going on with the other wives.

Kandi is the fan favorite, and with her recent feud off-screen with NeNe, I could see producers praying they'll be able to reignite the feud for the cameras in Season 6. Both women are starting to come hard for one another. They'll definitely be the two heads of the couch at this season's reunion.

As for Phaedra, she's the show's comedic relief. She goes along with the joke she is, and for that, I think she should remain on the show.

I have mixed feelings regarding Kenya. She definitely has proven her spot on the show, but with the scandal concerning Walter exposed, it really hurts her credibility factor. How could anything she does in future seasons be taking seriously? Especially when it comes to a love life. No one is going to believe she found a man without paying him. She does give the crazy very well. And for that, I'd like to see her again.

I wouldn't mind Porsha staying on as well. She was brought on mid-season, and I think she deserves a full season schedule in Season 6. She gives me Season 1 NJ Teresa vibes, as in she's not the brightest bulb. I think that helps give her like factor. She also reminds me of OC's Alexis when it comes to her marriage. I could see the other women, who are all very independent women, clashing with Porsha about her marriage, and that could create some great showdowns. So I say keep her as well.

Keep the ATL cast the same for Season 6. IF they find someone that's able to compare to NeNe (Season 1 & 2), then cast her as the seventh housewife, and let Season 6 be NeNe's last season. The other five women just don't have what it takes to carry the show without NeNe. Not if they want ATL to be what ATL always has been. They need that loud, in your face type to replace NeNe.

King
Member Avatar

Lisa brought Jiggy to the DWTS official cast photos. Is this bitch for real! HATE.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I hate that fucking dog!

King
Member Avatar

Me too. ENOUGH.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Another Planet Hollywood pimp? :lol:

King
Member Avatar

Lisa said today she was going to be incorporating Jiggy into the dances on DWTS.
Edited by King, Mar 10 2013, 11:42 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Meh, why not. It's just a dog :shrug:

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'm flipping back and forth on liking and being annoyed by NeNe tonight.

One the one hand when she's talking to Portia she's the NeNe we knew and loved. But then the constant "I organized this amazing special _____ and I'm flying first class and the bitches are on a bus" and "now that I'm a Hollywood actress" lines are bringing me back to my Season 4 hate of her. Kandi has as much, of not more, money than her at the point of these filmings. The New Normal has been a moderate success, but it's not A list by any means. And had not even premiered by the point of any of this for anyone to be going "ooooooh, New Normal cast!"

darraholic
Member Avatar

All caught up on Vancouver. This is far and away my favorite Housewives series now.

Mary: I love Mary, but she has nobody to blame but herself for showing up to Jody's events. I was cringing as she got caught in her lies for trying to leave the party.

Ronnie: She's just being a real bitch this season lol. Maybe she's just angry with her plastic surgent. Her face is looking frozen.

Jody: Go away!

Amanda: Ugh hate this bitch!!! She tries to start up so much drama, but fails at sticking up for herself. All the other women, except for maybe Mary, will wipe the floor with this whore.

Robin: Loving her! I couldn't stop laughing at her giving the boy singing tips when he's a professional.

Ioulia: Freaking love her. I really hope we see more of her. Loved how she had no clue where the fuck her step children were. I can't wait until she lays the smackdown on that basic bitch Amanda next week.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I like that Nene mentions the name of that crappy-looking show every chance she gets. Girl's got hustle.

I didn't get them picking on Portia's marriage, or Portia's stance on strippers. I mean...she's kind of sold herself to a man for money. But that's her choice, so why lecture her about it?

Just watched BH- no fighting, everyone was at an event. It was a great episode, imho. And for whatever reason I totally love Kyle. She's not a perfect person but I feel like she's one of the most genuine.

Faye was in the promos bitching at Brandi about breaking up a family. They'd better explain how she did that if they're going that route.

King
Member Avatar

Nene is super annoying this year, but funny.

Last season she was bitter and annoying, but funny.

God, I miss old Nene!

aimees76
Member Avatar

The Vegas episode had me wishing I could be friends with Nene! Sure, sometimes she goes too far, and can be annoying, and some of the "I'm Hollywood" stuff gets a bit much (but she's still green, I'll let her have that for now) but I LOVE how real and to the point she is, and I loved how she really was trying to look out for Porshe and trying to give her advice. I don't know, I just think she's fabulous and I love her to bits :D
Porche is ridiculous.
I'm still entertained by Phaedra, but she's really being a bitch.
Cynthia was rocking the Diana Ross hair - and that's all I've got.
Kandi's fart story was OMG.
I actually REALLY felt for Kenya, and have found myself liking her more and more toward the end of the season. As much of a crazy bitch as she can be, I think she really was truly hurt by Phaedra and really cared about the friendships she thought she was making in the group. Made me sad for her.

Re: BH
I loved Kyle and Kim's heart to heart (but I thought it was weird that they had it during her store "opening") it made me like both of them a lot more again.
I kind of felt bad for Taylor when she tried to reach out to Yolanda. Yolanda can be a real bitch when she wants to be, too, and her incessant "my HUSBAND is God's greatest gift to the people of the world" shit is getting on my last nerve.

I like Lisa and Ken and Brandi ... I don't get the hate.

Who else was on? What else happened? I don't remember so it must not be important, lol.
Oh! That RIDICULOUS party planner dude!! WTF? Someone please make him stop, he is so not for real, and it's bad, bad, bad acting on his part.

Oh yeah, Dana!! Kill her. Someone. Please. I don't want to see her on my screen. I especially don't want to hear her. Or Faye. Or even that brunette friend of Brandi's that goes everywhere with her and tries to squeeze into every frame she can. Ugh. Annoying.

Ok, now I'm really done :D

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Kandi is suing Kim over Tardy for the Party and Phaedra is her lawyer. Looks like Kandi and Phaedra just got their Season 6 spots.

Also, the RHOA reunion tapes today. NeNe tweeted yesterday "I hate having 2 fly back to Atlanta and sit with a bunch of grown negative women but its going down!"

King
Member Avatar

Holy shit! You go, Kandi!

I can't believe Bravo gave Kim a second season for Tardy. I thought the first season sucked. She was so mean to her mom, it was uncomfortable to watch.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'm not the least bit interested in Tardy. I liked Kim as part of an ensemble, but total Kim? Pass.

I thought I'd miss her this year but I havent at all.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I don't even understand what Kim's show is. It shows her life as she...interacts with infants and slaves/assistants? What does she do that's interesting?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

RHOV:

If we're going to talk about "lying" for publicity's sake ... yes Jodi, you totally surprised your son in Toronto! He naturally has a Slice camera crew following him to coffee shops to watch him have quiet drinks. My biggest reality genre peeve!

Ronnie is looking more and more like the Walking Dead.
Edited by Drew, Mar 13 2013, 09:29 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply