Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real Housewives of... Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2009, 05:34 PM (65,633 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Drew
Mar 13 2013, 09:26 PM
If we're going to talk about "lying" for publicity's sake ... yes Jodi, you totally surprised your son in Toronto! He naturally has a Slice camera crew following him to coffee shops to watch him have quiet drinks. My biggest reality genre peeve!
I thought the same thing as I watched the episode, LOL. But to be fair, this could've been a genuine production trick. Jody could've asked producers to help her surprise her son, and they could've claimed they were filming Josh adjusting to college life. Of course a college student is going to jump at the chance of having a camera crew following him around, so he agrees to do it, only to be fooled when Jody shows up. Definitely a possibility, but then again, it could've been staged and Josh really wasn't as "surprised" as he claimed.

I'm in love with RHOV! Much better than Season 1, which I just couldn't get into. Season 2 RHOV is what made the Housewives franchise so popular. For the most part, the interactions between the ladies feels very genuine. Adding the three new housewives really helped. It reminds me of Season 5 of RHONYC when they added Aviva, Heather and Carole. That many new faces takes a show back to the beginning, almost. Everything seems fresh.

I love Robin. She's probably my favorite. Jody is beyond annoying. Ronnie looks like she needs professional help. I liked Amanda at first, but she became annoying very fast. I want to like Mary, but she needs to stop lying and trying to save face. Ioulia is a hoot and just one of a kind.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Mary does it to herself, and that's my problem with her. I want to be on her side because Jodi is such a c**t, but she puts herself in those situations.

I'm not sure there really is a way for Mary to win, Jodi plays the RHO game differently than anyone else. The women are all forced to interact as part of the nature of the show, but whenever she does Jodi plays this "Why are you even here?! You're strange" card that makes Mary look like a desperate loser for basically doing what she's being paid to do. And I don't want to reward Jodi's behaviour by having Mary leave, but, I dunno ...

Amanda is vile. During every interview where she tries to act all superior all I can think is "You're a washed up old drunk with three kids, no baby-daddy and no real career. How trailer park."

Robin, I don't know. She's really very dumb. One thing about this show that I don't get is for a Canadian housewives series, why are only three of the women Canadian? (and why are the Canadians AWFUL!) Or atleast, why are two of the women American? Isn't this supposed to be OUR culture? Just sayin' ...

Edited by Drew, Mar 14 2013, 04:14 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm surprised Slice wasn't able to get a hockey Housewife.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Question for Canadian posters: Was Mary an actual pop singer when she was younger? As in very known. People actually knew her before this series?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I don't think she was huge. Not even by Canadian standards. But I'm the wrong generation to ask.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I had never heard of Mary before Housewives.

I would think the NHL teams would probably veto one of their players wives doing the series. They would probably have to get a retired NHLer.

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

DrewHamilton
Mar 15 2013, 10:48 AM
Question for Canadian posters: Was Mary an actual pop singer when she was younger? As in very known. People actually knew her before this series?
She was Miss Ohio.

She was a singer with 3 albums & 9 #1 singles. She's a good singer but wasn't overally popular in her day when she sang.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

If these #1s were popular (I had heard she was only Top 40, not #1), none of them have had any longevity. Or are so obscure that no one realizes they're Mary's songs.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

So, I looked up B*A*P*S ... :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Yolanda is perfection. The way she told Marissa to ask Brandi instead of asking them, when Faye told her she was walking down the wrong path and she said "Honey, I am 48 years old, I know which way I am walking. Thanks for the concern.", and the way she pulled Marissa and Brandi to the side and stated that she told Brandi everything. She is such a straight shooter, and this is so REFRESHING.

I hope Queen Lisa, Princess Brandi, and Duchess Yolanda eat Kyle alive at the reunion.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Faye is trash. I wish she were on a VH-1 show instead so she'd get clocked once or twice. She's earned it.

And yeah, I love Yolanda now.

Now it makes sense why Marisa would bail on the reunion. She could barely handle being called out on her bullshit at that party. This is clearly not her thing.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm so disappointed in Marisa. She talked such big game before she debuted. I was excited. Unfortunately, she failed to deliver when faced with any sort of confrontation. I won't miss her next season.

I do like how Yolanda doesn't feed into the bullshit.

I'm usually Team Faye, but she really had no business putting herself into the middle of Brandi, Yolanda and Marisa. Yes, Marisa wasn't exactly in a fair fight, but there was no real fight going on. It wasn't necessary for Marisa to have any back up. Faye's decision to come to her friend's defense really did her no favors...this time.

Brandi isn't to blame for Adrienne and Paul's marriage falling apart. So again, I have to disagree with Faye. Paul and Adrienne have problems that have been apparent since we met them two seasons ago. The bickering seemed to be what made them work, but since this marriage has ended, we've found much more about the two that is very dark. And definitely proves their problems went deeper than anything Brandi said on the show.

I saw clips from the reunion and it looks like it's going to be intense as predicted. As Andy Cohen just said on WWHL, Kim came to that reunion, guns a-blazing. It's a much different Kim than we're used to seeing. And just when I was starting to like Yolanda, the dig she gave Kim really soured her in my eyes. In the clip, Kim is telling Lisa that Yolanda told her Lisa wasn't Kim's real friend. Yolanda denies it, and then questions if Kim even remembers that night when Kim insists it happened. It was such a sick move. And of course, Brandi laughs. The trashbox she is. Well, don't count Kim out. She quickly defended herself to Yolanda. Kyle even came to her sister's defense. And then the clip cut off, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that goes.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Watching WWHL and I think Lisa Rinna would make a great addition to BH.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Wait .... am I to understand next week is the reunion? The streaming sites crashed out on Bravo 5 seconds into the intro (grr) so I'm waiting on torrents.

If so, thank god!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Yes. The season finale airs at 8 and the first part of the reunion is on afterwards at 9.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Can someone explain Lisa Rinna to me? Was there something other than Days and marrying Harry Hamlin? She's just kind of...she's hung on to fame and a lot of money for a lot longer than a stint on a soap would give.

I don't mean that as a dig against her, btw. And I think she'd be interesting on the show, too.
Edited by px780, Mar 18 2013, 10:34 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I can't wait till we're down to just OC. Keeping up with two of these at a time is starting to become a chore.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

px780
Mar 18 2013, 10:34 PM
Can someone explain Lisa Rinna to me? Was there something other than Days and marrying Harry Hamlin? She's just kind of...she's hung on to fame and a lot of money for a lot longer than a stint on a soap would give.

I don't mean that as a dig against her, btw. And I think she'd be interesting on the show, too.
I don't really get it either.

No one even gives a shit about Harry Hamlin. Must be the random presenting gigs she managed to land (with the Melrose fame?) and the bad plastic surgery stories. No one would know her as an actress these days (and from what I saw of her back on Days last year, she's not one anymore)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Drew
Mar 18 2013, 10:39 PM
I can't wait till we're down to just OC. Keeping up with two of these at a time is starting to become a chore.
Until NJ comes on a month later, LOL.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'll take it! :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply