Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real Housewives of... Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2009, 05:34 PM (62,927 Views)
Edge1978
Member Avatar

WTGH
Mar 24 2013, 07:35 PM
aimees76
Mar 20 2013, 11:15 AM
And what was with Camille turning on Brandi like that? Did I miss something?
BH money sticks together.

Brandi will never be in the uppity BH group, socially or economically.

Adrienne and Camille (I presume) have a longer relationship, and there`s some sense of loyalty there.
Not to mention it was Adrienne who was there for Camille when Russell was threatening a lawsuit and she gave the whole "Friends don't sue Friends" speech...err Oh Wait. ^o)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Edge1978
Mar 25 2013, 10:45 AM
WTGH
Mar 24 2013, 07:35 PM
aimees76
Mar 20 2013, 11:15 AM
And what was with Camille turning on Brandi like that? Did I miss something?
BH money sticks together.

Brandi will never be in the uppity BH group, socially or economically.

Adrienne and Camille (I presume) have a longer relationship, and there`s some sense of loyalty there.
Not to mention it was Adrienne who was there for Camille when Russell was threatening a lawsuit and she gave the whole "Friends don't sue Friends" speech...err Oh Wait. ^o)
Friends don't sue friends.

However if Friend A makes derogatory comments about Friend B in the presence of Friends C and D without direct knowledge of the veracity of said comments, Friend B is well within their friendship rights to authorize their attorney to send a letter to Friend A advising Friend A of Friend B's intention to dissolve the friendship as outlined in Section 5 subparagraph B of the official Rules of Friendship enacted by the United Nations on July 17th 1969 and entered into by the United States on December 22nd 1971. This is, of course, only the case when said derogatory comments represent information already known to Friends C and D and were delivered with malicious intent, excluding statements made on the third Tuesday in February which is, as we all know, Keep it Real Day as authorized in the 2007 amendment to the official Rules of Friendship.

It's all been made pretty clear this season...

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'm over Phaedra and all of her products. I'm over every housewife and their brand. But I'm especially over Phaedras because they're so all over the place.

Can we get more wives with legitimate jobs? Like Vicki, NeNe, Lisa?
Edited by Drew, Mar 25 2013, 05:44 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Maybe its because I was doing work at the same time, but I totally feel like I learned nothing new from the reunion so far.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Loved the Richards sisters calling out Yolanda. She totally talked behind Lisa's back. Be honest!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

As for the finale, most of it was just ... meaningless yelling.

But Kim, come on... Enough with how much Brandi "hurt" her. She brought an issue to the forefront that needed it, and she'd still be making 80 proof Starbucks runs today if it wasn't for it. She needs to stop blaming everyone else for her slips.

I totally call bullshit on Adrienne's visit to Lisa's. Someone, probably Faye, totally tipped her off to get there pronto and drop a drama bomb. It`s a vow renewal, it was known to all, it`s totally inappropriate. But she knows that ...
Edited by Drew, Mar 25 2013, 11:02 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Going to Lisa and Ken's party did Adrienne no favors. Especially not speaking to Lisa or Ken, personally. I do think producers convinced Adrienne to make an appearance for storyline purposes. It's the big end of filming party, and they probably wanted all of the ladies there. Adrienne should've at least said hello to Lisa. I'm all for her being comforted by her friends, but coming in and then leaving without saying anything to the hosts doesn't look good.

Onto the reunion show...

Just when I was starting to like Yolanda. She's a shaaady bitch. I'm glad Kyle and Kim called her out. It sucks that Lisa claims she doesn't believe the sisters. I think she knows Yolanda said those things, but at the moment, her goal is to make Kyle look bad, so anyone against Team Kyle is an ally. Lisa can't be surprised though. Seems like everyone talks behind her back. Everyone besides Brandi. But then again, I wouldn't talk about my meal ticket either.

If it wasn't obvious that this is Taylor's last season with all of the rumors, it certainly was watching. What was the point of her even being there? She said nothing outside of her little segment. They should've just brought her out for the segment and sent her on her way afterwards.

Interesting to hear Lisa call out Kyle for why she really defended Adrienne. I could see it being true. Kyle even said herself that she and Adrienne aren't the great friends the season made them look to be. And while I think Mauricio might be somewhat of a kiss ass when it comes to business, I don't think Kyle falls under that. I think she made that quite clear when she took on Camille in Season 1 and now Lisa. Both ladies were clients of Mauricio.

LOL at Andy fooling the ladies about bringing out the "new housewife."

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

As for ATL, I'm so glad the finale is next week. The show started out great. Felt fresh, especially after Kim left. But somewhere around the time NeNe moved to Los Angeles, ATL fell off. The battling booty workout video production was not entertaining. Nor was Porsha suddenly being controlled by Kordell. I'm looking forward to the reunion, but even that, from what I'm hearing, wasn't all that interesting.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

ATL was just too long and padded, nyuck nyuck.

Otherwise I enjoyed it, but there were a few episodes that felt like Lost Footage.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

The RHOBH reunion was laughable at best. Kim was a hot mess. YO LAND DA OMFG, I was like Shut the fuck up!

I have been team Brandi this entire season, but I don't agree at all with what she tells Kyle (about secretly wishing Kim falls off the wagon). That was just wrong on so many levels.

Regarding the Yolanda and Lisa situation in Paris. Did Yolanda really call Lisa phoney? I remember Kim crying about Lisa, and all Yolanda said was "Did she (Lisa) call you to check up on you?" Or something to that effect and that was all. But whatever.

What makes me nervous is that Kyle kept on getting tweets about why Faye was there and Kyle said atleast twice and quoted each time Faye is a "cast member" and has to attend certain events. So is she going to be the newest housewife??? God I hope not.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED Lisa calling Kyle out on only defending Adrienne cause she was Mauricios client and after he sold Lisa's house that is when Kyle's relationship changed with her. hahaha Love Kyle (sometimes), but I completely agree with that statement.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Edge1978
Mar 26 2013, 11:51 AM
The RHOBH reunion was laughable at best. Kim was a hot mess. YO LAND DA OMFG, I was like Shut the fuck up!

Regarding the Yolanda and Lisa situation in Paris. Did Yolanda really call Lisa phoney? I remember Kim crying about Lisa, and all Yolanda said was "Did she (Lisa) call you to check up on you?" Or something to that effect and that was all. But whatever.

What makes me nervous is that Kyle kept on getting tweets about why Faye was there and Kyle said atleast twice and quoted each time Faye is a "cast member" and has to attend certain events. So is she going to be the newest housewife??? God I hope not.
I love love love Kim Richards! She can do no wrong in my eyes. I'm so glad she came to the reunion guns blazing. Stay sober, Kim! It works for you.

There was the conversation between Yolanda, Kim and Kyle that was filmed. But I'm pretty sure Kyle and Kim were talking about a conversation that took place in the hotel room, not at the store. I believe the Richards sisters. Yolanda even called Lisa out in her interview. It's not until Yolanda, Brandi and Lisa banded together to go after Kyle that Yolanda wants to now act like she's never said a negative thing about Lisa. I do believe she told Kim that Lisa talks behind her back, and isn't Kim's real friend. Kyle knows this game very well. As much as Lisa. She's not going to call you out on something if it wasn't said, because she doesn't want to end up with egg on her face. Kyle knew what was she doing in calling out Yolanda. It's a shame Lisa claims she doesn't believe it, only to make Kyle look bad. For two seasons now, Lisa's been told everyone talks behind her back. You'd think she would believe it by now.

As for Kyle's tweets about Faye, Faye is a cast member. She's a "Friend of the Housewives" and gets paid to film with the ladies, attend events, give interviews, etc. I'm sure she's not paid as much as the main housewives, but she is a part of the cast. I believe that's what Kyle was referring to. Not that Faye is going to be a cast member next season.

There was a time where I thought Faye would make a great addition to the cast in Season 4. But then the death threats started coming in, and I have to take that back. I don't even think Faye, in all her famewhoring glory, would want t be a member of this cast after receiving those threats. If you've noticed, her interviews have stopped, and she's only posted that one blog on Bravo that was taken down. These fans are nuts! Death threats?! Really?! Brandi and Lisa seem to draw the same friends Teresa draws from RHONJ.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Mar 26 2013, 12:40 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I gave the reunion a rewatch.

What interested me the most was Kyle's assertion that her and Adrienne weren't all that close. This really puts the final nail in Adrienne's credibility in my eyes. If it's true that she wasn't really as friendly with her as the season made it appear then why was she, and Faye by extension, propagating Surogacygate as much as they were? What were all those "Poor Adrienne", "I wish Adrienne were here", "Where's Adrienne?", "I miss Adrienne"?

If this were really as private a matter as Adrienne would have us believe why did she have her friends fighting a battle in absentia? To distract from the marital problems and impending divorce perhaps? To finally gain the level of fame she'd desired by creating a media frenzy? Because all that needed to happen so nothing came out was for Adrienne, Kyle, Kim, Taylor and Faye to have had no reaction -- no reaction = dinner scene becomes pointless = unaired = no tabloids ......

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

The only thing that jumped out at me about the BH reunion is how much of a SHOW this is. Yolanda's scenes with Kyle about the cleanse totally felt like a substitution move, and that's what they were. She and Kim were scheduled to do that, Kim flaked (thus robbing Yolanda of an important scene in her character development). But it was arranged through production.

And Kyle's whole "Adrienne and I aren't close" after the weeping goodbye at Lisa's makes me question her a bit more than I have in the past.

Then the whole Kyle vs. Yolanda on-camera vs. not filming discussion...

I've never expected reality tv to be real. But damn if they didn't throw back the curtain last night.

Also, I think Faye is production's bitch and it bit her in the ass. She was never Kyle's mouthpiece, imho, she stood in for Adrienne (which I think I said before). And whatever she's getting as a result of that- fine. You sell yourself, that's the risk you take imho (though death threats- she's not worth it, really).

It's all kind of a joke. Which would be fine if it weren't so fucking boring last night, and so fucking secretive throughout the season.

Brandi looked like she was wearing a mask. It was disconcerting.

Also disconcerting- I really liked Taylor. Loved how she dealt with Kim (who I really dislike at times- if she can't own up to her part in Game Night she's not really following any steps to sobriety, far as I'm concerned. Take some responsibility at some point, y'know?).

Edge1978
Member Avatar

hmm So it seems Nene and Kim have decided to move forward and make up. NeNe tweeted that she had a great conversation with Kim and she had to pull over and cry because she realized that Briell (sp?) was following her on twitter. Kim also tweeted that her heart is at peace, she and Nene had a wonderful conversation and can't wait to see her.

I just wish they were on the same show together, when they're together they are freaking hilarious.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I heard about NeNe and Kim. Glad they're friends again. A little disappointed Kim is no longer on Housewives though. I love seeing them interact. I'm sure we'll see Kim at NeNe's wedding, which I believe is going to be filmed for her own little wedding special/spin-off. That is if they remain friends.

King
Member Avatar

OMG! So cute about Brielle. During the fights, I used to think about Brielle and her affection for Nene from season 1 and 2.

This makes me really happy!

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

DrewHamilton
Mar 21 2013, 12:48 PM
Miami has a Lea as well. ;)

Speaking of Miami, Season 3 is filming!

Posted Image

Oh I know Miami has a Lea, believe me. I LOVE me some Lea. She and Lisa are my faves and I LOVE that they've gotten friendly. But I just fell in love with Lisa last season. She was practically flawless, just so classy, honest, never one to try and steal the spotlight- I loved almost every choice she made throughout the season.

To me, Lisa was the CLEAR winner on Season 2 of RHOM.

Too bad Karent won't be back. I hope she can still be a "Friend Of...." but I know that her mom is having health issues, plus the stuff with her dad, so I can understand why she wouldn't agree to film. I'm guessing Alexia will be bumped back up to a regular housewife, now that her son is getting better.

I just hope they keep the supporting cast. That's what I really fell in love with about Miami. There were so many characters and they all appeared regularly, so we got to know all of them. Romain, Marta, Elaine Lancaster, Rudolfo, Karent's mom, Alexia, Alexander, RJ, Beau Beau, Joe Francis, and of course, Mama Elsa. It was cool to keep up with everybody and not have them just pop in and out here and there.

It would be interesting if they brought the dancer from Romain's club that he supposedly made out with onto the show.

Drew
Mar 25 2013, 10:58 PM

But Kim, come on... Enough with how much Brandi "hurt" her. She brought an issue to the forefront that needed it, and she'd still be making 80 proof Starbucks runs today if it wasn't for it. She needs to stop blaming everyone else for her slips.

I totally call bullshit on Adrienne's visit to Lisa's. Someone, probably Faye, totally tipped her off to get there pronto and drop a drama bomb. It`s a vow renewal, it was known to all, it`s totally inappropriate. But she knows that ...

I think Adrienne showed up all on her own and knew exactly what was going on there (the vow renewal). She showed up purely for......show. To get the fans to feel sorry for her, to have her "friends" rally around her, and to make Lisa look bad by not greeting her.

Edge1978

Are you kidding? IMO, Yolanda was the clear winner in the first part of the reunion. I LOVE the Duchess!! :D

Edge1978
I have been team Brandi this entire season, but I don't agree at all with what she tells Kyle (about secretly wishing Kim falls off the wagon). That was just wrong on so many levels.

It's also so right on so many levels and I 100% agree with her. I really think that Kyle wants Kim to stay sick because it makes her look better and Kim can still look like a fool. I FULLY believe that Kyle took advantage of Kim's addiction and she and Mauricio DID swindle Kim out of her share of her childhood home.

Edge1978

If she did, I don't remember seeing it. I honestly think the Richards sisters got together before the reunion, a la Adrienne's meeting last year, and decided they needed to stick together. They don't have Taylor anymore, attacking Brandi is pointless at this point, fighting Lisa would be futile, so they went after Yolanda. IMO, it's because Kyle is super jealous of the friendship and bond that Yolanda, Brandy, and Lisa have developed and wants divide and wiggle her way in there. With Brandi firmly implanted as Lisa's bestie, Kyle's best shot was to go after Yolanda, throw her under the bus for talking behind Lisa's back like that, and hope that Lisa believed her. If she had, Kyle would have FINALLY stood up for Lisa, which I think was her exact motivation. But it backfired on her BIG time because Yolanda pretty much shut it down and Lisa didn't believe it anyway. They were trying to say that it happened at the airport but NO WAY. Kim & Kyle were fighting that day and it was Yolanda that was supporting and comforting Kim and carrying her bags.

And let's face it- Kim was so clearly fucked up on pain meds in Paris. It was PAINFULLY obvious. (pun intended)

Edge1978
I LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED Lisa calling Kyle out on only defending Adrienne cause she was Mauricios client and after he sold Lisa's house that is when Kyle's relationship changed with her. hahaha Love Kyle (sometimes), but I completely agree with that statement.

Me too, because I'd already thought of it. That whole alliance were Mauricio's clients- Adrienne, Camille, Faye and his wife, Kyle. I smelt the shit from the beginning and I was happy that Ken, then Lisa called it out.

Backing up to the finale, how can ANYONE say that Faye hasn't been Kyle's mouthpiece this entire season? Seriously, she even made the mistake of making the chess comment to Lisa, who'd realized right away that she'd been talking to Kyle due to Kyle's comments in last year's reunion.

Lisa's "Checkmate, bitch!" was a thing of beauty.

I'm sad that, since we're getting no friends of the housewives at this year's reunion, we won't get to see Camille speak at all. I really hope she goes back on status as a regular next season because I really do love her, in spite of her backing the wrong horse. While we saw her a good amount, it still wasn't the same without her being regularly featured and her usual spot on observations in her Talking Heads.
Edited by juniorz1, Mar 30 2013, 01:23 AM.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

juniorz1
Mar 30 2013, 01:22 AM
DrewHamilton
Mar 21 2013, 12:48 PM
Miami has a Lea as well. ;)

Speaking of Miami, Season 3 is filming!

Posted Image

Oh I know Miami has a Lea, believe me. I LOVE me some Lea. She and Lisa are my faves and I LOVE that they've gotten friendly. But I just fell in love with Lisa last season. She was practically flawless, just so classy, honest, never one to try and steal the spotlight- I loved almost every choice she made throughout the season.

To me, Lisa was the CLEAR winner on Season 2 of RHOM.

Too bad Karent won't be back. I hope she can still be a "Friend Of...." but I know that her mom is having health issues, plus the stuff with her dad, so I can understand why she wouldn't agree to film. I'm guessing Alexia will be bumped back up to a regular housewife, now that her son is getting better.

I just hope they keep the supporting cast. That's what I really fell in love with about Miami. There were so many characters and they all appeared regularly, so we got to know all of them. Romain, Marta, Elaine Lancaster, Rudolfo, Karent's mom, Alexia, Alexander, RJ, Beau Beau, Joe Francis, and of course, Mama Elsa. It was cool to keep up with everybody and not have them just pop in and out here and there.

It would be interesting if they brought the dancer from Romain's club that he supposedly made out with onto the show.

Drew
Mar 25 2013, 10:58 PM

I think Adrienne showed up all on her own and knew exactly what was going on there (the vow renewal). She showed up purely for......show. To get the fans to feel sorry for her, to have her "friends" rally around her, and to make Lisa look bad by not greeting her.

Edge1978

Are you kidding? IMO, Yolanda was the clear winner in the first part of the reunion. I LOVE the Duchess!! :D

LOL I was referring to Kim to STFU lol

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Camille won't be returning in ANY form next season. Like Adrienne, she's done with Housewives.

As for Miami, I'm surprised by the rumors that Marysol is only coming back as "Friend of the Housewives" next season. I thought Mama Elsa would be Marysol's guarantee at a return every year.

Alin89
Member Avatar

mama elsa gives me the creeps.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply