Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real Housewives of... Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2009, 05:34 PM (59,308 Views)
King
Member Avatar

Brandi is so desperate for airtime and to be "shocking." Last year, it was really natural and fresh. This season, it is so transparent and she's just forcing it. She just wanted that to be a sound byte. And it worked. Barf. She's a trashy hoe.

Did not watch OC yet.

I will always said with the Richards' over Lisa.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar

But when one Richards is accusing the other of making her sobriety a plot line who do you side with?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Drew
Apr 3 2013, 04:15 PM
But when one Richards is accusing the other of making her sobriety a plot line who do you side with?
In that particular case, I side with Kim. It wasn't right for Kyle to question Kim's sobriety for the sake of the storyline. However, prior to that moment, I've always supported Kyle's treatment of Kim when it came to her addiction. She might have been harsh at times, but that's what family does. Who can't tell you about yourself better than your own family? Nobody.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

New Jersey...some kind of brawl, three castmembers charged?

Brawl!

Here's hoping at least some of this airs so we don't get another season where they talk around what's actually going on.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Yes, Joe Gorga and Chris Laurita jumped some guy after he said Jacqueline was making up Nicholas' autism for camera time. Jacqueline also struck him in the back of the head with a heel. The man is saying he didn't say anything about their child. All three have been charged with assault and terroristic threats and have initial hearing set for April 18.

Drew
Member Avatar

I do not have the words to describe my love for that fan!

Drew
Member Avatar

px780
Apr 5 2013, 12:00 PM
New Jersey...some kind of brawl, three castmembers charged?

Brawl!

Here's hoping at least some of this airs so we don't get another season where they talk around what's actually going on.
They have to be near the end of filming with the premiere so close. I'm thinking this will be season finale fodder, allowing them to creatively skirt around the aftermath?

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I hope so- with the NJ thing.

With ATL- I also love the fan. I love Kenya. I don't understand why everyone's skin looks so...rough. Nor do I understand what Phaedra was wearing (her cleavage was even weirder-looking than usual, imho).

While I love Kenya, Porsha shut her down hard with the Miss USA remark. That was good.

Here's hoping in part 2 people actually speak. It's fun hearing bits and pieces as they talk over each other. But it'd be nice to see more back-and-forth.

Drew
Member Avatar

px780
Apr 7 2013, 11:38 PM

While I love Kenya, Porsha shut her down hard with the Miss USA remark. That was good.
Yeah, Porsha definitely held her own. I guess google does go back that far.

But it's pretty funny watching her talk positively about her marriage. Joke's on her.
Edited by Drew, Apr 8 2013, 12:13 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar

Oh hey, check that out. Adrienne doesn't understand that domestic abuse world. :lol:

Drew
Member Avatar

I wish that Taylor scene had aired when it happened rather than in lost footage. The edit made her look like she had joined Team Popular when she really had her own issues.

What was up with her friend though, and the gay sidekicks of RHO women in general?! They're always acting like rabid fan boys causing drama like they're actually in the cast. Annoying .....

King
Member Avatar

I thought the Bev Hills Lost Footage was better than any episode of the regular season. Haha.

I am loving the OC Housewives. Tamra seems to be a little less mean this season so far. I love Vicki obviously! I wish they'd just make Brianna a Housewife already. Alexis and Jim are such a joke!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Ironic that Breana isn't a housewife when really, technically, she's one of two who are actual housewives (Alexis is the other one I'd consider a housewife).

I'm not loving OC though. To me it's a study in how people try to use reality tv to build an image and respond to fan feedback. There's nothing about it that feels real, which I wouldn't care about if they were more entertaining characters like some of the Atlanta women are (imho). Hopefully it gets better.

Oh- and lost footage shows me that these editors suck. ITA that the Taylor/Adrienne conflict should have aired. It gave context to the Taylor drinking storyline they sort of did with Kim's "intervention." I also thought seeing Yolanda with her friend helped put her in context, particularly now that she's talking openly about her disease. I'd imagine it's terrifying to watch your friend fall apart and then feel something like that happening to you.

Plus, would have helped eliminate some of the Brandi/Adrienne stuff.

Also, Brandi's shoes- not such a gift seeing how they came into Yolanda's possession. Not the same, anyway.

Drew
Member Avatar

I don't get shoes. I thought they were ugly.

Drew
Member Avatar

Lost Footage just made me love Yolanda more.

King
Member Avatar

I love the OC because they're not trashy, violent, phony, wannabe fame whores. I think the OC girls are happy with their lives. I feel like ATL, Jersey, and BH girls are always looking for a Hollywood Limelight or are trying to climb a Hollywood ladder and be a celebrity...even though they have zero talent.
Edited by King, Apr 9 2013, 10:26 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

King
Apr 9 2013, 10:25 PM
I love the OC because they're not trashy, violent, phony, wannabe fame whores. I think the OC girls are happy with their lives. I feel like ATL, Jersey, and BH girls are always looking for a Hollywood Limelight or are trying to climb a Hollywood ladder and be a celebrity...even though they have zero talent.
Y'know, I don't feel like on OC they want to be famous. But sometimes it feels like an infomercial, like when Tamra and Gretchen were shopping and Gretchen placed her bag exactly how it needed to be to show off the label. Or when Alexis tours her new trampoline park. Or, I'm sure, when Tamra gets more into the gym stuff.

So sometimes I feel a bit like they're hawking products and building identities in service to that (and in response to viewer complaints).

But I get what you mean about the celebrity thing.

Drew
Member Avatar

I don't really agree with the Celebrity thing. (Gretchen, Jo, Heather) But yeah, OC definitely feels the most infomercially. There's Gretchen-Christine Beautaaaaay/Fashion/whatever wholesale merch she's sticking her label on, the non existant Alexis Coutour dress line/parks/million other things, Lynn's wrist guards, Jo's music, and Tamras so far imaginary gym. Vicki and Jeana were the only ones with legit careers.

These shows would be much better if everyone would accept that Bethenny Frankel was lightening that's not striking twice.
Edited by Drew, Apr 9 2013, 11:42 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar

Is a trampoline park for owners who can't afford a water bill?

I guess Heather's decided to play the role of nagging shrew this season.
Edited by Drew, Apr 10 2013, 08:54 AM.

King
Member Avatar

Well, they all have their own careers that I think are kind of ridiculous, but I don't feel like they're reaching for the stars or being famewhory to a ridiculous degree like Lisa Van Der Pump, let's say.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply