Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real Housewives of... Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2009, 05:34 PM (68,950 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Heather is suffering second season syndrome. If you came off bad in season 1 then you come off better in season 2 (see Camille Grammer or Phaedra Parks).

But if you have a great season 1, then you get a big ego and come off shitty in season 2 (See Reza from Shahs of Sunset).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

IMissAremid
Apr 24 2013, 03:39 AM
Heather is suffering second season syndrome. If you came off bad in season 1 then you come off better in season 2 (see Camille Grammer or Phaedra Parks).

But if you have a great season 1, then you get a big ego and come off shitty in season 2 (See Reza from Shahs of Sunset).
Holy shit...at this point you could totally do an analysis of this show in a faux-academic kind of way, couldn't you?

Not you specific, but in general a person could. That's kind of...scary. Who would have thought this reality series would spin off so many ways and give so many examples?

I don't think Alexis was looking for a fight, I'm not sure the others were, either. But I can believe there'd be a lot of tension at that point. There's only so much you can listen to someone label you a bully before you snap and, y'know, act a bit like a bully.

There all a little whacked, imho.

King
Member Avatar

I just kept hearing Alexis say, let's not do this, let's do it one on one. I have no doubt the one on one would have ended in a fight...

...but it was Tamra's dinner, and she should have said "I hate you, but you're right. Let's table this discussion."

Who knows, they're all crazy.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I think there might have been a chance of that happening if it haddn't been for Gretchen pouring gas on the situation. It was a domino effect, once she started Alexis' responses made Heather start.

Everyone knows Tamra's perfectly capable of running her mouth all on her own. She doesn't need backup.
Edited by Drew, Apr 25 2013, 10:52 PM.

King
Member Avatar

I think Alexis and Tamra are the craziest.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Drew
Apr 25 2013, 10:50 PM
I think there might have been a chance of that happening if it haddn't been for Gretchen pouring gas on the situation. It was a domino effect, once she started Alexis' responses made Heather start.

Everyone knows Tamra's perfectly capable of running her mouth all on her own. She doesn't need backup.
And that was my biggest problem with Gretchen and Heather. It just wasn't necessary. Especially Heather. I hate that I have to defend Alexis, because I've never liked her, but these three bitches are making me feel sorry for her. Heather had no business speaking up. Alexis wasn't including her. It seemed like Heather just wanted to jump in and start for the sake of jumping in and starting. She's really going downhill from last season.

King
Member Avatar

Yeah, Gretchen and Heather are coming off as Mean Girls.

I just have to start questioning how much of this is real or fake.

michelle
Member Avatar

Oh, I bet it's all fake.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I don't feel sorry for Alexis in the slightest. If she wants the free advertising for her trampoline park and the opportunity to show off how righteously fabulous she is she can deal with a bit of yelling at a dinner party (which is kind of the core of Housewives at this point), imho.

The other three are jerks, but it's not changing my take on Alexis, especially after her "I have God on my side" interview.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

She did nothing to impress me on WWHL either.

michelle
Member Avatar

I just want to punch Jesus Barbie.

I'd also like to punch her stupid control freak of a husband while I'm at it.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

michelle
Apr 30 2013, 07:48 PM
I just want to punch Jesus Barbie.

I'd also like to punch her stupid control freak of a husband while I'm at it.
But...she cut her hair! And they went to a dance lesson or something!!

C'mon...

King
Member Avatar

I felt bad for her on the show, but she makes it hard to like her.

On WWHL: "Vicki begged me for forty-five minutes to come back this season."

Well, golly, a whole forty-five minutes. Ya don't say. Idiot!

But I still kinda side with her in the fight.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

zzzzzzzzzzzz

King
Member Avatar

Tamra is crazy and a giant beeyotch, but I feel like they're all just egging each other on at this point.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I think I'm about done with OC. Bored out of my mind.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

The NeNe WWHL special was defnitely more insightful.

Teresa annoyed the crap out of me as usual. Why can't the woman be real for moment now? I miss the old Teresa that wasn't all about trying to be a brand.

What was your favourite moment ON the show? "Becoming a New York Timeses Bests Sellings Author". Obviously not a show moment, just a plug. (And when she fucks up the saying of that over and over doesn't it just highlight how she couldnt possibly have written a single word in her books?)

One word about ____ "Ummm" "ummmmmm" (Translation: No one prepared answers for me for this)

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'd rather have just had a few minutes with each of them then the quick cuts back and forth. That was...interesting and yet irritating. Just odd.

I don't know if I'll be able to deal with Jersey. If they keep all their shit on camera and not in US Weekly or in unsubstantiated rumors about brawls I think it'll be OK.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Drew
May 20 2013, 08:29 AM

Teresa annoyed the crap out of me as usual. Why can't the woman be real for moment now? I miss the old Teresa that wasn't all about trying to be a brand.

What was your favourite moment ON the show? "Becoming a New York Timeses Bests Sellings Author". Obviously not a show moment, just a plug. (And when she fucks up the saying of that over and over doesn't it just highlight how she couldnt possibly have written a single word in her books?)

One word about ____ "Ummm" "ummmmmm" (Translation: No one prepared answers for me for this)
Teresa has lied so much that she doesn't even know blue from yellow. She's just lying more and more to cover up previous lies, all for the sake of money, fame and her "Italian Pride." There is just no winning with people like her. Caroline's right too, should anything ever happen between Teresa and Joe(that they can no longer spin), Teresa will call foul, and go on a media spree about how much she's hurt and didn't see it coming.

NeNe sort of annoyed me on her special. I feel like she's just a walking caricature of herself now, at least in interviews like that. There were lots of moments during last season where we got to see the old NeNe, but she plays it up so hard when talking about the other HW, whether it be ATL or any of the other cities.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Mateo
May 20 2013, 04:19 PM
Drew
May 20 2013, 08:29 AM

Teresa has lied so much that she doesn't even know blue from yellow. She's just lying more and more to cover up previous lies, all for the sake of money, fame and her "Italian Pride." There is just no winning with people like her. Caroline's right too, should anything ever happen between Teresa and Joe(that they can no longer spin), Teresa will call foul, and go on a media spree about how much she's hurt and didn't see it coming.

NeNe sort of annoyed me on her special. I feel like she's just a walking caricature of herself now, at least in interviews like that. There were lots of moments during last season where we got to see the old NeNe, but she plays it up so hard when talking about the other HW, whether it be ATL or any of the other cities.

How can someone trust a person who uses three different versions of her last name for the sake of publicity?

This is where I'd love a guest appearance from Sheree to call out the cancellation of her show, the rest of the cast is so up her ass.

Edited by Drew, May 20 2013, 05:59 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply