Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real Housewives of... Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2009, 05:34 PM (59,327 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I don't understand why Marysol isn't a full time housewife. She's on just as much as she ever was in Seasons 1 and 2. The only thing we're not getting to see is her business anymore. From what I hear, that's the reason she didn't want to return for Season 3 as a full time housewife. However, is that really necessary for her to be full time? I mean, instead of working at her firm, promoting Miami events and such, Marysol's Season 3 storyline could've just been about dealing with Elsa's illness and recovery. Since we're seeing a lot of it, anyway.

It's just odd. Marysol gets interviews. She was included in the wedding promo. Yet, she's not a housewife. Ana isn't considered a full time housewife either, but she doesn't get interviews, nor was she included in the wedding promo before the season premiered. It's strange.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Why do I get the feeling that everyone in attendance at Adriana's wedding answered a casting call? Nothing about this wedding seems genuine. Not a single thing. I can't stand this famewhore!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

And you expect me to believe that Frederic would really choose Herman and Lenny as groomsmen? How convenient!
Edited by DrewHamilton, Oct 14 2013, 09:32 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar

I won't get to watch it until atleast tomorrow when the torrents go up, but yeah. I can completely agree without even seeing it. Everything about Adrianna is fake.

Fake marriage. Fake wedding. Wouldn't you have your real friends stand up for you at your "holy ceremony" or whatever, not people you're aquainted with only through a reality show? You could argue there was history between Adrianna, Alexia and Ana prior to the show but there's no getting around Lisa's inclusion. Given how much she talks shit about her she clearly doesn't consider Lisa a real life friend.

This is why for all the shit Joanna gets you can tell she atleast means this. (They need to wait until they sort out their intimacy issues imo, a certificate isn't going to make that any better!) Lisa being a bridesmade was a complete after thought to her real people -- as it should be, and seemed like she did it only because she kept asking about it. Her mom's there and happy, not rolling her eyes of embarassment like Adrianna's child accessory err son.

I didn't mention it last week but Lisa standing up to Ana had to be my favourite moment of the season. Love her. (Awkward shoehorning into weddings aside)

Marisol seems to be playing the same game as Alexia last year. The whole I have someone to care for so I can't be around yet I'm going to be in every episode and at every party stirring shit. It soured me on Alexia and it's not doing Marisol any favours for me either. In general it shocks me how everyone has rallied over to the dark side when it comes to Lea -- Housewife logic is usually to gravitate to the popular wife before a new season starts but here they're doing the opposite. It was pretty obvious from season 2 that Joanna/Lisa/Lea were the favourites. Ask Ana ...
Edited by Drew, Oct 14 2013, 10:28 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I still love Ana. At least whatever she has against Lea seems natural. She never seemed to care for her.

As for Adriana, Marysol and Alexia, their dislike of Lea seems much more contrived. And now they're going out of their way to discredit Lea and it's really coming back to bite them in the ass. This season screams RHONY Season 3 when Jill tried to turn the world against Bethenny. It backfired and Jill, who was arguably one of the most popular Housewives at the time, never managed to recover. Adriana isn't even on Jill's level in popularity, so she's certainly going to plummet in the viewers' eyes.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sounds like Dina is officially back for NJ's sixth season. Sadly, Jacqueline will be gone.

King
Member Avatar

Miami is awful...but I watch it. LOL.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Miami was so great last season. It was like a true soap opera ensemble with all of the various characters that were so unique and important to the layout of the storyline throughout the season. It's not that I'm not a fan of Season 3, but I miss all of those people. I think getting rid of some of the housewives have really hurt the show. Sorry, but adding Alexia back to the main cast isn't enough.

King
Member Avatar

I really loved last season too.

Honestly, I hate all the fighting. Adrianna and Lea fighting is more depressing to me than anything.

I miss the friendships on these shows.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I hated Adriana and Lea's friendship. It was once tension rose between the two that I starte dliking Lea, actually. I love Lea taking Joanna under her wing, though.

Drew
Member Avatar

I love Lea, and Joanna.

And as usual, everything in the lost footage episodes was way better than what made the real episodes. I don't get why they didn't pepper the repetitive family drama with some of these fun scenes and Kim-D fights.

Drew
Member Avatar

I love the woman but Lisa is taking her peacemaker storyline too close to heart. In two episodes it looks like she'll have killed her relationships with Lea, Joanna and Alexia. She needs to chill.

Drew
Member Avatar

Did anyone watch Nene's spinoff?

It was nice seeing Lisa Wu again, although she didn't get to speak, and Jill Zarin. Loved the reunion between NeNe and Kim!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Loved loved loved NeNe and Kim's reunion! So special. So perfect.

It was great seeing so many Housewives, past and present, all at once. Especially Lisa Wu (Hartwell). I thought she and NeNe had a falling out, so it's nice to see their friendship seems to be back on track.

I'm looking forward to ATL and BH returning. MIA is nice to look at, but the five women they chose as main housewives really hurt Season 3 for me, coming off the high that was Season 2.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I stopped watching Miami several episodes ago. I don't even bother putting it on in the background. I'm hoping ATL and BH are good this season.

Drew
Member Avatar

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/10/omarosa-and-bethenny-frankel-fight-over-who-is-more-famous-basically.html

lololol

King
Member Avatar

I have all of Nene's wedding and Tamra's wedding on my DVR, but I haven't watched yet.

Drew
Member Avatar

I still enjoyed Miami, but not as much as last season. I think they owe a lot of the floppage of this season on the weddings. Do any of us really watch all these wedding spinoffs? I don't, (other than Nene and Bethenny), I can't be the only one. It needed more standard Housewives moments.

I don't know think I'd go as far as to blame the reduced cast - I didn't notice Karent's absence once, Ana's cameo appearances were too much for me, and Marisol might as well have been a regular cast member.

I hope there is a 4th season, despite the recent numbers probably meaning otherwise, but I do hope they add a couple of new women just to keep it fresh. 4th season of any reality show is always pushing the limits of believable drama between the same group of people. There's still more to do with Miami, it has way more shelf life than Orange County or New York. It's a solid B-side to the hit cities (ATL, BH, NJ)

Edited by Drew, Nov 5 2013, 10:32 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar

Not much to say about ATL or BH yet.

NeNe vs. Kenya is going to be awesome to watch. Looking forward to Kandi's family drama. I hope we get some new NeNe and Kim scenes now that they've made up. Don't want to hear the name Walter one more time ...

Loving Carlton so far. The flapping thing made me LOL, and I think she might have the best tag line in Housewives history? "Money doesn't talk, it swears" I love it! This Joyce's "You can never be too thin" nonsense on the other hand can be validated by all the people starving themselves to death. Guess someone had to try to top "I fought too hard for this zipcode to go home now" :rolleyes:

As usual, Kyle needs to chill out. The person this supposed remark is about doesn't even care, why does she?

And Lydia's officially out of OC, leaving it the Vicki/Tamra/Heather show. Does anyone seriously want to watch that?!

Edited by Drew, Nov 5 2013, 10:44 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I heard about Lydia, and I'm really sad about it. Lydia wasn't anything crazy added to the case, but she gave the show a sense of normal, which these shows need. Not everyone can be crazy. I wonder what caused her to exit because I heard she's been filming with the ladies thus far. I'm thinking Lydia couldn't handle a feud with Heather, which they probably wanted to highlight this season after Season 8's reunion. Heather can be tough, sparring against. Especially when she flips everything back at you, and refuses to let you get a word in.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply