Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real Housewives of... Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2009, 05:34 PM (59,605 Views)
px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I think the Atlanta new housewives audition is kind of awesome. Kenya will destroy them all, though. Girl wants her paycheck.

I actually enjoy Carlton. She doesn't really seem to have much to do with the rest of the cast, though. That franchise needs some fresh blood, imho. It's getting tedious.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar

Yeah, so, this is happening ...

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/01/26/rumors-surrounding-phaedra-parks-and-apollo-nida-plus-kenya-moore-reacts-to-apollos-arrest/

Drew
Member Avatar

I'm definitely Team Kenya/Brandon.

If that idiot husband was able to stand up when there seemed to be some rule against it, why couldn't Kenya? Standing up and speaking isn't justification enough to put your hands on a woman. And why did Apollo even get involved?!

The entire affair was pot stirring by NeNe, and she looked like an idiot doing it. It wasn't fun bedroom talk, every question was intended to pick at one of the women and force a confrontation. Disappointing.

Lots of interesting revelations throughout though. More and more signs pointing to a Phaedra/Apollo separation. Just where does Apollo get 8K to spend at strip clubs a night? Guess we now know. Phaedra showed she had knowledge of the large amounts of money he was throwing around, knew from the arguments that it was his money not hers, what exactly did she know about his identity theft operation? Hmmmmm.
Edited by Drew, Jan 27 2014, 04:39 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar

I am having a full blown argument with some woman over this on the RT recap comments :lol:

I has no life.

King
Member Avatar

Nene 100% started that fight at the PJ party. I love her. She is clearly the best, but I'm just being honest. She was fired up and ready to go. She pissed at Kenya and wanted to throw her to the wolves.

Beverly Hills is a fucking joke/disaster. Just cancel it.

The housewives ship has sailed.
Edited by King, Jan 29 2014, 10:58 AM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I am so over Carlton. She has to be the worst housewife ever cast in Housewives history. She's a walking hypocrite.

Drew
Member Avatar

She's awful. Her over the top responses to any word out of Kyle's mouth walked her straight into that anti-Semite label. I don't think she actually is, but how that worked out was pure symmetry. Worst housewife still belongs to Deshawn Snow.

Atleast they taped the reunion this week, so we shouldn't be in for another 20+ episode season. Maybe 3-4 to go?
Edited by Drew, Feb 8 2014, 11:20 PM.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

I watched 1 episode of RHOBH and that was the premiere. Same ol shit, got boring very quickly.

King
Member Avatar

Agreed about Carlton. Literally my least favorite ever.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

DeShawn was just boring. I'd take her any day over Carlton.

From what I'm hearing the BH reunion is going to be gooood. I hear Brandi was in the hot seat and had to walk off because she couldn't handle all of the confrontation. Seems deserving for someone so "badass" as she claims to be. I can't wait to watch her suffer.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I can't even follow all the ancillary drama that comes from these shows anymore. It's supposed to be 30 minutes of stupid reality trash fun. It's kind of like...a vortex of US Magazine and random blogs and Twitter (why the fuck must everything be tweeted...do all of them get counted for ratings purposes, however that works?).

It's too much. And I still believe that only a third of it is real (if that), which means these women are working it like it's a full-time job.

I can't break free though. So...I'm team Kenya/Brandon, too. I put a lot of blame on Peter, though, for "breaking up" the yelling match between two people by shoving one across the room.

Drew
Member Avatar

I acknowledge most of this is staged. I can't break free.

I found the Real Housewives of DC on an old hard drive. Good times.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ah, I loved DC! I really wish Bravo would've given them another chance like they did Miami. I really think the Salahis did more harm than good. So many people boycotted DC due to the whole White House crashing controversy. I heard the four ladies (Cat, Stacie, Mary and Lynda) told Bravo they wouldn't do another season if Michaele returned. Bravo didn't agree. If there was going to be a second season, they wanted the Salahis. The series was cancelled as a result.

I think Bravo would've been fine with the four ladies moving forward. Surely, they could've found a fifth (or sixth) crazy woman to fill Michaele's spot.

Drew
Member Avatar

I agree. Michaele was so unnecessary, and phony. I doubt I'd have watched another season of her, but I would have the others for sure. The breakup of her marriage to Tariq could have been an interesting watch, but then also may not have happened at all with the cameras forcing them together.

The thing I liked about DC is that aside from the Salahi nonsense, it was generally an intelligent group of women engaged in intelligent discourse about relevant topics at the time. (I still firmly believe Staci needed to pull the stick out of her ass about Cat's choice of words) I don't think we'd have seen these women fall into the pattern of the NYC or BH wives.

Drew
Member Avatar

Im watching this NYC preview special online that includes the intro. I really really REALLY hope these are joke taglines.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Nope. Those are the official taglines for Season 6. Andy Cohen said they wanted to go "fun and silly this year."

Drew
Member Avatar

Also, I really hope the implication from the promp is true that Heather rips off Aviva's leg.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Yeah, I don't know how I became a person who sees women fighting and a leg on the floor and thinks "Ooh...can't wait!" but, apparently, I am that person.

NY looks interesting. Hopefully it won't get as complicated with the fighting as BH.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

That leg on the floor gives me so much life! When I first saw that trailer, I was salivating, LOL.

Drew
Member Avatar

I'm eagerly looking forward to it. I've missed it. Ramona aside, the NYC women really don't play out in tabloids and social media. And Ramona's stuff mainly broke after filming.

I predict a completely crazy Ramona, secretly dealing with walking in on Mario and that woman in the Hamptons, followed by a remorseful Ramona at the reunion.
Edited by Drew, Feb 19 2014, 08:51 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply