Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real Housewives of... Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2009, 05:34 PM (64,181 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

That's one of the things I like most about NYC (and OC). Their seasons always seem so fresh because we're not watching things that we already know are going to happen months ahead of time.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Plus its all fresh drama between all of last year's newbies. Season 2s of these shows always hit their stride, and this may as well be one.

I'll miss Luann as a main wife, but atleast she'll still be around. Or maybe I won't, I thought I'd miss Sheree and cant remember the last time I thought about her.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I love me some Kenya Moore. But I really don't like that she's propping up the wretched Marlo and giving her play.

Real Housewives of Melbourne? I may need to check this out.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I love that you love Kenya. I feel like she gets what this is and has fun with it.

Nene seems really pissed off about her career imploding. What exactly did she mean when she was getting into the car mumbling about Trump?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

So Brandi just confirmed that Lisa's plan for Season 4 was to destroy Kyle. Not that big of a surprise considering the Season 3 reunion. But it's nice to see it confirmed. Lisa went into Season 4 with the same plan she had going into Season 3 against Adrienne.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I can't stand Ken! He had a problem when Maurcio, Paul and Michael got involved and defended their wives against one of the other Housewives, but yet he's the first to get involved when someone's coming after Lisa.

I'm all for a man defending his wife. Against anyone. Same with a woman defending her husband against anyone. But lets just be fair when it comes to defending. It can't be okay for certain people and not okay for others.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

"Has she been drinkng?" Ken is disgusting.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'm not understanding what I'm watching. What did Brandi just tell Kyle?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Drew
Feb 24 2014, 10:29 PM
I'm not understanding what I'm watching. What did Brandi just tell Kyle?
Brandi told Kyle she had magazines that were covering Maurcio's cheating allegations at her house. When the ladies (Lisa, Yolanda and Carlton) came over before heading off to Palm Springs. Brandi claims Lisa urged Brandi to take the magazines along so they could confront Kyle with them. Brandi says she refused and left them at home. I think Brandi was Lisa being so nice to Kyle to her face while trying to "destroy" her behind her back. Brandi's word, not mine.

And I believe this went down. It was very apparent from Season 3's reunion. Lisa (and Brandi and Yolanda) wanted to take down Kylea, and it was obvious that Kyle was going to get Adrienne'd while filming Season 4.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I don't know if I believe it went down the way Brandi said, with Lisa putting the tabloids into her suitcase repeatedly. I also don't think if it happened Lisa's goal was to use them to destroy Kyle somehow.

I think I'm at a point where I feel like Brandi is basically honest about stuff, but dumb as a box of rocks (or drunk/high) so she doesn't fully understand what's happening around her.

That said...I kind of don't care, because it was an awesome episode of trashy television, imho, and I'm impressed that the tabloids ultimately did make it to air...during a vacation...through Brandi...just as had been allegedly planned before.

Is Lisa perhaps sacrificing herself to take out Kyle?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I like Lisa and I like Brandi. I do believe Brandi in this situation completely. It just fits.

I agree that she probably doesn't understand everything going on around her. I believe she believes some of the things she says are true, but she doesn't perhaps have the ability to understand gossip from truth or just when it's a truth no one will publicly confirm.

I believe Lisa is as conniving as has been made out, I just don't care. She definitely used Brandi's heartache to launch her brand and set her in situations where she'd be forced to confront Schaenna for her spinoff.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Drew
Feb 26 2014, 12:32 AM
I like Lisa and I like Brandi. I do believe Brandi in this situation completely. It just fits.

I agree that she probably doesn't understand everything going on around her. I believe she believes some of the things she says are true, but she doesn't perhaps have the ability to understand gossip from truth or just when it's a truth no one will publicly confirm.

I believe Lisa is as conniving as has been made out, I just don't care. She definitely used Brandi's heartache to launch her brand and set her in situations where she'd be forced to confront Schaenna for her spinoff.
Finally! A Lisa supporter that isn't totally bias. I swear, Lisa and Teresa supporters are blind. It's okay to still have your favorite and acknowledge their faults. Kyle is probably my favorite housewife, but I will never forget how awful she was in Season 2, and I made it no secret how I felt about her in that season.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Kyle is awesome. I think she's the most authentic housewife, of all the cities, because she comes off mixed. Sometimes I feel bad for her, sometimes I don't like her, but what she does seems natural.

With Lisa...my thing is, even if she did use Brandi's past for her own benefit, she dragged Brandi right along with her. So it wasn't exactly exploitation, far as I'm concerned. Brandi's gotten 3 years on television and 2 book deals out of it.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

She had the first deal before Lisa kept throwing Scheana in her face to launch Vanderpump Rules. She had it from her fight with the Richards and Taylor, and her twitter & tabloid exposure from the affair.

You'll recall her spinoff about the restaurant business wasn't originally going to happen, then Bravo "reconsidered". IE: she likely refocused it from a show about her being a restaurateur (which I would have enjoyed) to a show about a group of drunken LA kids who happen (or not) to work at a restaurant. Enter Scheana. She likely did work at Vila Blanca for years, but there's no way in that time Lisa didn't find out she was in the tabloids for fucking Eddie Cibrian. So that begs the question of why she'd staff her at the Sur opening knowing Brandi would be there if not to set the drama stage for her spinoff.

If Brandi had pieced this together she still would have had 3 years of TV and a book deal. She just would have joined Adrienne's pathetic group attack at the reunion.
Edited by Drew, Feb 26 2014, 07:31 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Has everyone voted in the Real Housewives Awards on bravotv.com?

If Brandi becoming part of Miami doesn't win for best twist I don't know what could. Kenya Twerking on the Piano is also a favourite of mine.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I didn't know the timeline on the Vanderpump spin-off. I still think overall Brandi's benefited from what Lisa did, so I don't get why it's a big deal.

I can't wait to see who won the HW awards. These women take everything seriously (most of them, anyway). It's going to be awesome if this becomes another thing they can battle about, be jealous over.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

She definitely benefited. But who knows, it may not have been the type of benefit she wanted.

Brandi did agree to the sit down that launched episode 1 of VPR, apparently it was actually filmed at the end of the season, but I'm sure finding out that before and after Lisa had been scheming to make her husband's mistress famous to further her own brand had to sting.

People are quick to defend Lisa and the star fucker with the "how could she have known" excuse, but that's bullshit. Especially in LA. No one went to IMDB? Sure now he's a washup but back then he had just finished 5 years headlining Third Watch and was doing CSI Miami. No one in Villa Blanca whispered about one of their waitresses being on the front page of TMZ in his boat?! Again, in LA?! Lisa knew. It's absolutely impossible that she didn't.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Of course Lisa knew. And her denying anything else makes her look bad. Just admit it. I'm so not looking forward to the pity party on tomorrow's show when Lisa cries to Carlton about how she was treated. Cry me a fucking river, Vanderpump!

I'm so ready for NYC and OC to come back and give us light before the dark cloud that is NJ returns.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I"m really looking forward to NJ and its long overdue revamp. OC, yawn. The articles hitting about the new girl/beard already have me yawning.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Eh, I guess I ultimately don't care about what Lisa knew when (though I'll agree it's unlikely she didn't know). I just love how the editors are slicing and dicing to build it up dramatically, and the whole downfall of Lisa story is really well-executed. Very soapy.

NJ should be interesting, especially if (as rumored) the Giduice's plead out before it starts to air. Are they even filming at this point?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply