Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real Housewives of... Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2009, 05:34 PM (62,938 Views)
King
Member Avatar

I never liked Porsche. Can Cynthia be next?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I watched all the previews, and it looks like Kyle is on fire the first few minutes of Bev Hills. Go, Kyle!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

King
Mar 30 2014, 10:10 PM
I never liked Porsche. Can Cynthia be next?
I read somewhere that she was fired too...before the brawl, or whatever.

Lisa's remark about Kim's kid proved what the rest of them were saying about her to be true, imho. She was in a spot having to defend herself and tried to shift the subject. Still like her, but damn. That was not slick.

ATL- Porsha...did she even want to be on the show this season? She barely registers a presence and is a total idiot for not riding the chance to be in Kandi's musical to its fullest.

NYC- Totally unrelatable argument but still a refreshing twist for a fight.

Also...why the hell are there three on at one time? Too much, it all blurs. It's time for All-Stars where they all merge. Taking up too much of my time!

King
Member Avatar

LOL. I was wondering about that too. At least tomorrow is the last episode of Bev Hills. Unless they do a lost footage show.

But then OC comes back on the 14th.

I have been doing a lot of FF-ing to get through them all. Atlanta is really boring me.

I think they need to the trim the number of episodes a season. It drags on and on.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Seriously- they could cut out the vacations or something. Condense it down to its essence.

Most of the good stuff leaks out before it airs, anyhow.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

px780
Mar 31 2014, 02:29 PM
Seriously- they could cut out the vacations or something. Condense it down to its essence.

Most of the good stuff leaks out before it airs, anyhow.
No! The vacations are usually the best parts of the season.

I do think the seasons need to be cut down though. I think 15 episode max is good. And that's only if it's a damn good season that needs 15 episodes worth.

As for things leaking, that only seems to happen with ATL, BH and NJ. Probably because they are the three most popular. OC, NYC and MIA seasons usually go unspoiled for the most part.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I wish they'd cut the wives in general to one night a week. Then cycle it through smaller seasons. Maybe with a 2-3 week overlap of two cities at once.

Meanwhile, Khandi the musical ... WTF is this mess?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Maybe it's the alcohol but I laughed for 5 minutes at "I wouldn't let any of my waitresses burn to death"

King
Member Avatar

^ LOL!

I really liked the third part of the reunion. I like the closure and the hope.

I was recently watching old episodes/clips to when everyone got along on Jersey, and it made me sad. I also watched Tamra's OC wedding recently, and I really do like when they all have fun and laugh just as much.

The big epic fights that go on are exhausting. I can't deal with them anymore. LOL.

I fast forwarded Kandi the musical as I do most of ATL these days.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Sonja is like this amazing wealth-clinging trainwreck. The dancers making fun of her, "Sonja's Borrowed House", and the revelation that hot water is too expensive for her. I can't look away! :lol:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I actually couldn't watch that scene.

I'm loving Heather now. Whoever on here said she was awesome- you were right. She is.

I'll concede that the vacations are fun, but for me they're also where the seams of the show appear. Kenya really arranged a vacation to Mexico? Uh-huh.

So, I'm kind of done with them. Maybe I've seen too many lately, though.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Heather has been my favorite NYC housewife since that first episode of Season 5. I can't wait to see her drag Aviva and Amanda next week.

That's a real bitch.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Apr 4 2014, 05:22 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I've read that Aviva is saying Amanda's not her friend, and I read somewhere that Amanda claims Bravo hired her (which I fully believe given the contract issues). She's a very weird character.

And yeah- a real bitch.

And damn, I need a job that holds my interest more so I don't read so much about this stupid highly addictive show.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

px780
Apr 4 2014, 05:29 PM
I've read that Aviva is saying Amanda's not her friend, and I read somewhere that Amanda claims Bravo hired her (which I fully believe given the contract issues). She's a very weird character.
Yeah, Amanda's trying to claim Kristen wasn't signed on as a full-time housewife during these scenes, and that Amanda was. And according to Amanda, Heather petitioned hard to get Amanda kicked off so Kristen could get the full time spot. I don't believe her. Because right around the time LuAnn finally signed her contract, she made mention of Kristen being the newest housewife, and that she liked her. There was no mention of Amanda as a housewife. Amanda is a fool.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Apr 4 2014, 05:33 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

...I can imagine Bravo had her as a backup plan, but it makes no sense that Kristen wasn't full-time at that point unless things were filmed way out of sequence or Amanda has a lot of footage on the cutting room floor. Kristen's had a fair amount of character development already.

What a freak.

King
Member Avatar

The scene with Kenya's dog was sad. But next week looks kind of ridiculous. LOL. I am ready for ATL to be done for the season. This season has been not great for me.

I love Todd!
Edited by King, Apr 8 2014, 03:47 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

As usual, I loved the Secrets Revealed episode more than the BH season.

Bravo's renew list has been published and it looks like Miami isn't on it. Shame. (Neither was Tabatha Takes Over ... cry. I loved watching her yell at people) Hopefully they throw in Joanna a Carlton/Pantene replacement.

Apparently the ATL cast are trying to band together to keep Porsha from being fired, she stays or they all (minus Kenya) go. Hopefully Bravo doesn't cave, cause I'm pretty sure most of these women will. Nene already has a foot out the door and I don't think I'd miss her at this point, not with Kenya around. She's been unpleasant and stuck up for 3 seasons now, and clearly jealous of Kenya's attention. Phaedra needs the show to pimp her products. The only one I could really see leaving is Kandi, she doesn't need Bravo money. Cynthia is welcome to leave ANY TIME.

King
Member Avatar

I want Porshe gone. And Cynthia SO BADLY. Nene isn't fun anymore. I really don't like her this season.

I liked Miami and I watched it, but I won't really miss it.

I loved Tabatha!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Miami's second season was so good! I'm not sure what went into the decision making going into Season 3, but it really caused the show to go downhill. I think it was a mistake to get rid of Ana. She proved in the reunion that she was willing to go the distance for a reality show, and she wasn't want to back down. And losing so many of the supporting cast from Season 2 (Mama Elsa, Elaine, Marta, Joe Francis, etc) to 3, I think hurt the show as well.

King
Member Avatar

The epic fights really makes each City suffer, IMO.

There have only been three feuds I've really been emotionally invested in - Jill and Bethenny, Teresa and the rest of the cast/her brother, and Kim and Nene. Only because I wanted to see both sides mend fences.

These huge big feuds between Porshe and Kenya, Marysol and Leah, Adrianna and Joanna, Nene and Marlo, Nene and Sheree, Aviva and everyone, I really don't care. It hurts the show more than helps. Bad blood and angry drama doesn't always make a good show.
Edited by King, Apr 9 2014, 05:11 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply