Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real Housewives of... Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2009, 05:34 PM (68,895 Views)
px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I can't find the like button, but I like that post!

Tabatha can't be gone. I won't accept that reality.

As far as the ATL cast...why would they bond together for Porsha?

Nene and Phaedra I get- they both need excuses to get off the show (Nene 'cause she's so famous now; Phaedra 'cause of her husband's legal issues an impending marital explosion- based on what I'm seeing on the tv, that's my guess).

Kandi...eh, she's got money and a man now, doesn't really need this show. It makes her mother crazier, probably.

Cynthia does nothing.

Actually...most of them do nothing. I was trying to figure, without Kenya, what were their independent storylines? And how much airtime did those stories get?

Kandi had family drama but everyone else...not much of a contributor, especially Porsha who could have brought so much more.

So, why bond over Porsha? Just hate for Kenya, the driving force behind 80% of this season? I hope they don't let their relative ratings success get to their heads.
Edited by px780, Apr 11 2014, 11:37 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Atlanta needs an overhaul like NYC did and like Jersey is kinda getting.

Cut a bunch, add a bunch!
Edited by King, Apr 11 2014, 12:57 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

The ratings success is totally down to Kenya too, which is why Bravo would be crazy to give into this tactic. I suspect, or hope, they won't. They held firm with NYC, but they did agree to fire Danielle Staub so ...

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Drew
Apr 8 2014, 09:56 PM
Bravo's renew list has been published and it looks like Miami isn't on it. Shame. (Neither was Tabatha Takes Over ... cry. I loved watching her yell at people) ...

King
Apr 9 2014, 01:59 AM
I loved Tabatha!

px780
Apr 11 2014, 11:35 AM
Tabatha can't be gone. I won't accept that reality.

Tabitha is going to be on the Today Show Tuesday morning and WWHL Tuesday night so hopefully we'll find out what's up. I loved her show and the crappy timeslot it got last season peeved me off.

King
Member Avatar

What did we find out about Tabatha?

Nene was so UNBEARABLY ANNOYING on the WWHL episode and even on the show. She and Cynthia and Porsche HAVE TO GO! I can't believe I am saying that about Nene.

NYC, Ramona, Aviva, and Sonja. Can't stand 'em. I love Kristen!

Haven't watched OC yet.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Tabitha and Andy were jokingly coy about them hoping there was another season for her show. So pretty much nothing.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

OC was boring.

I don't care about the new wife or her fighting with the other new wife in the promos. Vicki's still going in circles with Brooks and won't address the Brianna recording. Brianna's moving out of state. Tamra's still a bitch. Heather's still annoying.

I think I'm going to take a pass on this.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Miss Rhi
Apr 17 2014, 01:06 PM
Tabitha and Andy were jokingly coy about them hoping there was another season for her show. So pretty much nothing.
Yep. If they create more Millionaire Matchmaker and no Tabatha Takes On...I hope she goes over to Logo or something. They could use a second show.

I'm going to say I won't watch OC, because IA that the premiere was pretty lame (all of the sudden Gretchen was right about Heather?). But, I probably will.

Nene was weird on WWHL, I still want her to come back though. I need to see the downfall when Ryan Murphy stops putting her in things and she's back in Atlanta full-time attending events based on her memorably stints on reality tv shows. I need to see how she spins that, dammit!

NYC- still loving Kristen. And Heather. Over the book feud, though, so I'm glad it's shifting to "they didn't show up."

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

The more I see of Nene the less I like of her. She's not even fun anymore. I don't think I even care to see her fall from her fake pedestal, she's that unlikable now it's not even love-to-hate anymore.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

As great as it was to see Kenya's ass get dragged across the stage on ATL's reunion last night, I hope Bravo puts a clause in every housewife's (from every city) contract that prohibits physical attacks. It's just not what Housewives should be about. I'm all for the reads and verbal confrontations, but leave the violence to VH1's copycat shows.

And even though it was totally wrong of Porsha to put her hands on Kenya, I don't like Kenya's behavior either. I don't like that provoking someone to the point they lay their hands on you, and then you want to cry out assault. Kenya pulled a Bad Girls Club move and I hate it. That's what they do on that show. Get the girl so worked up so she hits you, and then has to leave the house because of the no violence rule. NeNe made a great point on Twitter after the reunion. Having someone like Kenya on these shows is never a good thing. While all of them can be considered famewhores, Kenya is a different type of famewhore. She's one that has nothing to lose, so she will show her ass and do whatever it takes to make a dollar. That's her job on the show and it's getting old.

I do think Andy made the right decision in sending Porsha home. The reunion wouldn't have really gone anywhere if she was allowed to come back onto the set. It would've remained about Porsha vs. Kenya. And that is getting tired. I'm so disappointed in seeing these two going at it. I really enjoyed their bonding moment in Savannah earlier in the season. I don't need them to be besties, but I always like it when they are civil with each other. It's refreshing.

When I first heard Porsha attacked Kenya and was pretty much fired afterwards, I was upset. At the end of the day, I like Porsha. I was hoping we got to see Porsha adjusting to single life this season. We didn't get that. Instead, we had to watch her talk about Kordell in every scene. And maybe that's the immediate reaction of divorce. I was just hoping for something else. And I still wanted to see "single" Porsha, so I was hoping we would get to see that in Season 7. However, I'm no longer upset about the idea of Porsha being fired. I think they could definitely find someone to fill Porsha's "younger housewife" spot easily.

Aside from NeNe and Cynthia, I thought everyone looked great. I'm not exactly sure what look NeNe was going for, but it wasn't working. And Cynthia, who usually always brings it for the reunion show, didn't last night. I think Porsha looked the best out of everyone though. Kandi was a very close second.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I don't agree. Kenya didn't say anything Porsha didn't, including in the minutes leading up to it. Both have given as good as they've received, I don't buy the "pushed" argument for a second.

- Her breath smells like a septic tank.
- Slut from the 90s
- Vagina so rotten no men claim her
- and so on.

Kenya used words, Porsha used her fists. She's an idiot. Team Kenya.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Bravo definitely needs to take control over this growing violent streak though. I fear because of the ratings success of the season this becoming the new standard, just like how Scary Island was responsible for the annual forced vacations on all the shows.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'm a little tired of the idea that Kenya is some kind of uniquely dangerous famewhore. To me, she's in the same vein as Phaedra- more of a character than a real person- and it's not like ATL was this serene, tea-and-crumpets kinda show before she came on the scene. I think she's only dangerous in the way she might threaten the positioning of others on the show, but that doesn't make her bad.

About the fight itself, for what it was- I think Porsha instigated it (rumor has it at the behest of Phaedra and Nene in an attempt to stay employed) but was ill-equipped to see it through, for whatever reason. I think Kenya goaded her into getting physical, and I believe pretty firmly that if you ask someone to hit you and they do you lose all rights to complain. So, far as I'm concerned they can both walk, much as I enjoy Kenya.

I hope Porsha doesn't come back for her own sake. She doesn't seem equipped to handle this (or independent living, imho), but she seems nice enough, so I hope she finds someone to take care of her. Off-camera.

King
Member Avatar

I agree. I don't feel like Porshe was provoked. At least, not to any degree that other housewives haven't been for eight years.

I dislike Porshe. I find Cynthia boring. I am so sick of Nene.

Phaedra and Kenya give me life!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm really on the fence on what I think should happen to Cynthia. Since Season 3, I've been calling for her exit from the show. However, her remaining on the show and going into Season 7 would be a brand new and refreshing dynamic. We've never actually seen Cynthia and NeNe at odds. Their friendship didn't really fall apart until after filming for Season 6 ended. So that might give Cynthia another season. I'll hold my judgement to see how she handles herself when the topic comes up in Part 2 of the reunion.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

"I would like Porsha tell spell sceptre." -- Kenya

Dead. :lol:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

DrewHamilton
Apr 22 2014, 07:25 PM
I'm really on the fence on what I think should happen to Cynthia. Since Season 3, I've been calling for her exit from the show. However, her remaining on the show and going into Season 7 would be a brand new and refreshing dynamic. We've never actually seen Cynthia and NeNe at odds. Their friendship didn't really fall apart until after filming for Season 6 ended. So that might give Cynthia another season. I'll hold my judgement to see how she handles herself when the topic comes up in Part 2 of the reunion.
Now you have me thinking- all the behind-the-scenes manipulations on this show, could the Cynthia/Nene fallout be specifically for that reason- to give her a fresh approach for another season?

Maybe Nene is flexing those acting muscles.

King
Member Avatar

Yeah, I don't disagree with you about Cynthia. I think they should can Porsche, and add two new ones. I know they would be way too many, but it would give them a lot of material to work with. And I think these shows need that. The only time I feel overwhelmed with the number of housewives is on the trips.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I went against my better judgement and started watching the 2nd OC episode. 5 minutes in and I'm deeply disturbed by Heather suggesting Vicki "cut Briana off" for not wanting anything to do with the man who advocated for her spouse to beat her.

It's just becoming too uncomfortable to watch this one now.
Edited by Drew, Apr 23 2014, 12:46 AM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm loving OC so far! It's so refreshing without Gretchen and Slade. Don't miss them one bit.

We know that Vicki and Brooks are no longer together. She has a new man in her life named John. So it doesn't really bother me watching her go through this season back with Brooks. I know in the end, it'll end for the better.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Apr 23 2014, 08:41 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply