Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real Housewives of... Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2009, 05:34 PM (64,622 Views)
King
Member Avatar

I love Heather. I don't think she meant it like that. I think she just meant show Brianna what life without Vicki is like and let her appreciate Vicki a bit more. I know a few people who think Brianna's treatment of Vicki last season was really inappropriate and that she was acting pretty bratty. Of course, at the reunion, it was vindicated a little, but I find Brianna and Ryan's treatment of Vicki to be disturbing, at times.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Oh, and I really like Shannon!

The OC will always be my fav city.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

King
Apr 23 2014, 07:57 PM
I love Heather. I don't think she meant it like that. I think she just meant show Brianna what life without Vicki is like and let her appreciate Vicki a bit more. I know a few people who think Brianna's treatment of Vicki last season was really inappropriate and that she was acting pretty bratty. Of course, at the reunion, it was vindicated a little, but I find Brianna and Ryan's treatment of Vicki to be disturbing, at times.
I agree Ryan's treatment was too far. Briana on the other hand, nope. She's so wonderfully level headed so for her to be reacting that way there had to be a reason, and it was finally explained in the reunion. I don't understand how Vicki can continue to defend that behaviour of Brooks by dismissing it in the premiere. I mean, that's her daughter he's advocating be beat!

Back to Heather. That's a punishment, show her what life's like without her to appreciate her more. I just don't think a punishment is the appropriate response to someone not wanting the man who wanted her beaten around her or her newborn.

I know he's gone, and maybe when he's gone from the actual show I'll be more inclined to check it out, but this undercurrent of domestic violence or whatever it is doesn't make for fun mindless TV for me.
Edited by Drew, Apr 23 2014, 08:43 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I just can't get enough of Kristen and NYC Heather!

Ramona's definitely a hypocrite. But that's Ramona :lol:
Edited by Drew, Apr 23 2014, 08:58 PM.

King
Member Avatar

I love Kristen! (Haven't seen tonight's though.)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Part 2 of ATL's reunion was pretty good. I'm glad the focus went away from Kenya for most of the episode. Part 1 was a little too much.

I know I said I thought Cynthia and NeNe's friendship ending would be Cynthia's "in" to Season 7, but I'm not sure I believe that anymore. After seeing Cynthia confront NeNe, I'm not sure she has what it takes to take her on next season. Cynthia just isn't that type of woman. And that's okay. I believe Cynthia should go.

What the hell was Momma Joyce on?! The entire time she was on, I swore she had to be drinking prior to coming out. However, Kandi texted Andy Cohen on WWHL afterwards and told him her mother was not drinking. In fact, she's never had a drink in her life! Could've fooled me. Momma Joyce was so over the top during her segment. I'd be embarassed if I was Kandi.

I'm looking forward to Part 3 when the husbands come into play. And I loved NeNe's line to Kenya: "You're the lowest paid on set right now. And you're acting a damn fool for $2.50!" So true!

King
Member Avatar

Mama Joyce is trash. Pure trash. I can't stand her. And yeah, she was clearly drunk.

Nene is awful too. I have no idea what happened to her. She's unbearable.

Kenya/Phaedra/Kandi need to come back. As for the others, ugh, who cares?

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

King
Apr 28 2014, 01:39 PM
Mama Joyce is trash. Pure trash. I can't stand her. And yeah, she was clearly drunk.

Nene is awful too. I have no idea what happened to her. She's unbearable.

Kenya/Phaedra/Kandi need to come back. As for the others, ugh, who cares?
Yeah, Joyce was definitely on something. I didn't buy Kandi texting Andy during WWHL and saying Joyce never drinks. :rolleyes:

I liked Joyce in the beginning and wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt early on, just seeing her as an overprotective mother. She's an older woman and has no business going bonkers, ready to 'kick some ass' at a bridal shop and the stuff that comes out of her mouth. We all suspected she was jealous of anyone having access to Kandi's money/attention, but when she went off about "raising her daughter to be a millionaire" it became more than clear. Kandi has every right to want to take care of and support her mother, and Joyce may have worked her ass off to raise her children, but that doesn't give her to the right to be an entitled bitch.

It really is a shame about NeNe. Other than a paycheck, why even do the show? She's such an established actress, according to her, what's the point? She added nothing to this season, and nothing to the reunion. ATL definitely needs to scrap all or all but one of the HW and start fresh.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I read elsewhere that there may be a Mama Joyce-centered show. She may have been auditioning.

Screw acting- I wonder why Nene doesn't look for her own reality show. She should be able to have proof of interest, assuming her wedding special was highly-rated. Why not a solo show on Bravo like Kim? Or on Oxygen, OWN (maybe), or VH-1? She seems so put out, and there are so many networks making crap like this. How is she still stuck here?

King
Member Avatar

Agreed all around!

I loved OC. I love this season.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Isn't there another new OC housewife? Where has she been?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

px780
Apr 30 2014, 05:24 PM
Isn't there another new OC housewife? Where has she been?
Yes. Producers didn't find Lizzie (and Danielle, "Friend of the Housewives") until a month after they began filming. We meet Lizzie next week. We "met" Danielle at the end of this past episode, through Tamra's "flashback."

King
Member Avatar

I love Shannon. I'm actually fine with just the four of them. haha.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Surprisingly, I've been content with just the four of them as well. I didn't think I'd like the first few episodes because there only four ladies. However, they are really holding the episodes together.

I'm looking forward to meeting Lizzie and Danielle though. More so Danielle. I heard she's quite the troublemaker.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Phaedra read Kenya for filth last night! She silenced Kenya. A first! And I think she just secured her Season 7 seat.

Actually, I wouldn't mind all of the ladies returning for Season 7. Even Porsha. The dynamics have changed so much that Season 7 will feel fresh, I think. NeNe and Cynthia are no longer friends. Kenya and Cynthia will probably be BFFs. NeNe and Phaedra are seemingly becoming closer due to their mutual hate for Kenya, so I can see them being BFFs for the show. Which may affect Kandi and Phaedra's friendship since Kandi isn't NeNe's biggest fan. And I'd really like to see a truly Kordel-free Porsha.
Edited by DrewHamilton, May 5 2014, 10:00 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Porsha still needs to be axed. She brings absolutely nothing but stupidity and lies. Her recent PR tour has left such a bad taste in my mouth I really want nothing more from her as a cast member. Abuse and bullying allegations, without proof for the former and just blatantly not true for the latter. It diminishes the real people facing these real issues when conceded reality stars whine about the littlest things being blown up to infinity.

They need to bring in a full time friend for Kenya to make this whole thing less one-sided.
Edited by Drew, May 5 2014, 10:57 AM.

King
Member Avatar

Nene needs to go too. I can't stand her. Phaedra and Kenya are amazing. Nene is an old washed up brat with double standards. She has changed so much. She makes horrible TV now.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I think they should all stay except Kenya. After watching Apollo on the reunion trying to deflect from a question about his criminal activities to some nonsense about how he made Kenya, I'm ready to see what happens to him and Phaedra when she's not around to serve as a distraction from or excuse for their marital issues.

Same with Nene, actually. Apparently she doesn't remember that the previous seasons were, y'know, taped, and she's got this idea that the problem is Kenya. Let's remove that, see how peaceful things are.

And then there's Porsha. Poor stupid perpetual victim Porsha (who will likely find Jesus soon and go back to the church where she can preach about saving the gays some more because her "I was bullied" bullshit isn't going to stick, and her single tanked even with all the publicity). Another I'd like to see without Kenya there.

Because without Kenya, the Nene/Phaedra/Porsha squad will implode- quickly. Nene was already pissed at Porsha for being a bad friend. Phaedra wouldn't have let Nene's "head doctor" comment slide. They'd possibly have to own their shit. I want to see that.

It's not that I think Kenya's perfect. It's that I can't take anymore of their nonsense about Kenya being the awfulest person in history.
Edited by px780, May 6 2014, 09:31 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

NYC has quickly become my favourite!

The plight of the air conditioning was brilliant.
Edited by Drew, May 7 2014, 01:12 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Anyone notice Aviva missing from the opening? Apparently, this is a ratings stunt by Bravo. We all know Aviva will be back before the seasonis over. We still have the epic "leg scene" ahead of us. Rumor has it that Bravo "fired" Aviva to gain ratings for the show, which isn't doing very good. In reality, Aviva refused to travel to the Berkshires and Montana (the next cast trip), so Bravo did not film anything with her back in NYC. Sort of like a suspension.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply