Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real Housewives of... Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2009, 05:34 PM (64,294 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'm loving NYC this year.

I watched a few minutes of The Real Housewives of err Ladies of London. It looked good. It's telling that try didn't include it in the franchise.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Had stand alone ensemble shows like Married to Medicine, Shahs of Sunset, etc. not been as popular as they are, I have no doubt Ladies of London would've been turned into The Real Housewives of London. That's what happened to Miami. It was supposed to be a completely different show, but the Housewives was so popular for the network, and there weren't many ensemble shows like it, so they turned it into part of the franchise to avoid a flop. And it didn't work.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I like the cast of NYC. I'd go hang out with any of them. But, they just aren't entertaining to me.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

DrewHamilton
Jun 4 2014, 08:43 AM
Had stand alone ensemble shows like Married to Medicine, Shahs of Sunset, etc. not been as popular as they are, I have no doubt Ladies of London would've been turned into The Real Housewives of London. That's what happened to Miami. It was supposed to be a completely different show, but the Housewives was so popular for the network, and there weren't many ensemble shows like it, so they turned it into part of the franchise to avoid a flop. And it didn't work.
The difference now is the numbers are down across the franchise. Atlanta is the exception going in the other direction.

If the Housewives were still the success they were 4 years ago it definitely would have been RHOL. We're riding out the wave of them dying soon I think.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Sigh, it sucked me back in.

I know Ryan gets a lot of shit from the viewers but he reacts pretty much how I imagine I'd react to Vicki in person.

King
Member Avatar

I love Kristin!!! She's amazing. And LuAnne. Can't believe I'm saying that. The rest can fuck off.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Those that watched Real Housewives of Vancouver... Jodi's daughter Mia was shot multiple times in the back and is in hospital.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1384113/mia-deakin-daughter-of-rhov-star-jody-claman-remains-in-hospital-following-shooting/

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Terrible. Mia associating with gang members ... I can see it.

King
Member Avatar

I saw that. That is sad. Mia was a hellraiser, but that is awful.

For anyone who hasn't watched Vancouver, you should. It is probably my fav - or one of my fav - cities!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I don't get Sonja's devotion to Aviva. Does she have dirt on her or something?!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Apparently, Lisa Rinna just signed on to be a cast member for BH's fifth season! She tested at Kyle's white party where filming took place, and got into it with Brandi at the party. A few days later, the show offered her a contract.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jul 8 2014, 09:56 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

It's a good fit, if it's true. She's definitely not an actress anymore and she definitely wouldn't have fit in on The View. I'm not big on the whole Adrienne being a supporting role thing.

Meanwhile, guess who got sentenced to 8 years in federal prison today? :D
Edited by Drew, Jul 8 2014, 04:26 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Ugh, Heather is so bloody annoying. Just divorce Terry already if he's not going to ever be allowed to speak.

King
Member Avatar

I am excited about Camille and Adrienne making cameos and very excited about Lisa Rinna joining.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Same! I loved Camille and Adienne.

And I think Lisa Rinna will be a perfect fit for BH. However, I do hate that there are two women on the same show with the same name. Producers can't even go the NJ route (two Teresa's with different pronounciations).

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Kristen is starting to annoy me, beyond her already grating voice.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

I've been working tirelessly on "Sequestered" which stars Heather Dubrow!! Check out the first look! (She's in the poster)

https://tv.yahoo.com...-235416732.html

I just had to pimp.

Will you be watching?!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Is she less insufferable and baggy there?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

NJ is back!

I'm so glad Dina returned. She was my favorite Seasons 1 & 2. I just like her.

Never been a Teresa fan. Ever. However, I do hate seeing what she and her family are going through. I think she should've left the show, and not had this play out on television. I understand that her career is now a reality star, and she needs to continue doing reality television. I just think the results of this season are going to be very bad for the Giudices.

I don't believe Amber's claim that Melissa knew about her cancer and didn't reach out. I think this was her pitch to the producers to get cast on the show. Melissa was smart when she immediately asked if Amber still had the Facebook message.

I liked what Teresa said about the twins behaving like the old Teresa. I got that impression as well, and fully agree. Teresa (hate that there are two) and Nicole seem like New Jersey trash. Had Jersey Shore been cast 15 years ago, they would've been perfect for the cast. They'll definitely be bringing the drama this season, as they seem to really like the spotlight.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jul 14 2014, 09:52 AM.

King
Member Avatar

Teresa is my fav, and last night was so sad! All of them crying. Ayiyi! And then his dad comforting him, cut to: IN MEMORY OF.... God! Jersey is my fav!

I am not sure how I feel about any of the new girls. I have no idea why they would cast twins. And I have no idea why they would cast another Teresa. (No matter how you pronounce it.) In the preview, I couldn't tell who was who or what was happening at all. So I am not amped for the season, as I normally am.

It's good to have Dina back, but she seems a little boring.
Edited by King, Jul 14 2014, 12:10 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply