Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real Housewives of... Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2009, 05:34 PM (64,509 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I don't know if I like any of these new NJ women.

Amber I think her name is? Mrs. Cancer? Is she trying to channel Danielle Staub? (in the worst kind of way, not the too crazy she's fun kind of way?) Manufactured drama for the sake of manufactured drama, its bad.

The twins? I sense the potential for fun here atleast. But the race to get to Amber's house over the homewrecker thing just stunk of trying too hard to have reality drama and not knowing when the right time is to do it. "oooh, it's time for our first reality fight! Run!" Too desperate.

Everyone needs to stop kissing Teresa's ass. I don't feel for her at all or Joe, I feel for the girls. THey spent years swindling people out of their hard earned money, not paying bills to local businesses, to build this fašade of wealth. I don't want the man deported but he needs to pay!

I miss the Manzos. (And I do love the weekly attempt by that producer to ask Dina about Caroline :lol: )
Edited by Drew, Jul 29 2014, 10:09 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Meanwhile, nothing is probably more annoying about having your days screwed up by working graveyard shifts then to come home in the morning looking forward to some NYC Reunion only to realize today's Orange County torrent-day.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I thought Eileen mentioned awhile ago that she is usually in and out of the Y&R studio by like 11am or something like that. If so, I can see her having a lot of free time to do the Housewives series.

King
Member Avatar

Yeah, this is definitely a different NJ. Dina is boring. Twins are kinda annoying but entertaining. I would have preferred just one with the sister as a FOTHW. Amber is okay...

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Amber is so far pulling a Carlton. Looking for problems for the sake of having them. I already want her axed.

I get her husband not wanting to associate with them but I also don't. RT has already mostly debunked this thing of him working on their case. If he had these thriving contracts with government agencies they wouldn't be on this show at all. Guilty by association. Likewise I don't think anyone will be paying the Gorgas to handle their confidential docs.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I agree with King. Only one twin should've been hired as a main cast member, while the twin had a recurring role. Nicole should've been a main housewife, and Teresa A should've been a "friend." I think Teresa's husbandn Rino is what really got Teresa her spot on the show. He's her "Rosie."
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I really like Lizzie! (OC.)

Yeah, I kind of agree with that about Rino, but then Nicole isn't even married and she lives with her parents so "Housewife" seems like a stretch, even for what "housewife" has come to be known as.
Edited by King, Jul 29 2014, 07:42 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Nicole's situation doesn't bother me really. She's just a different type of housewife. She is a former housewife, who is apparently starting over. It's a twist for a housewife we haven't seen before, having to go back to live with parents after divorce. I like Nicole much better than Teresa A.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

The silence here kinda says it all about NJ doesn't it?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

LOL, I was just thinking the same thing the other day. NJ is on and it usually brings the comments. I'm enjoying this season, but nothing is really making me want to talk about it.

As for OC, I have to say I thought Season 8 was a breath of fresh air, but I think Season 9 really was the breath of fresh air, the shot in the arm that OC needed. This season has been great! Everything seems new and I'm actually excited for all the housewives to come back. Even Tamra and Heather. Every last one of them. I do think they should add a sixth housewife though.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Aug 19 2014, 09:49 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

NJ:
I'm watching it weekly but yeah, I'm not very invested. Teresa's still in denial over her bullshit and Poison and Melissa are still as obnoxious as ever.

Amber I absolutely cannot stand, and not even in the good kind of reality show way! This had to be filming when BH was airing so I don't know why she thought she'd model her role on the show after Carlton - finding any reason possible to have a fight with someone, ANYONE. I'm so disinterested in her drama and it's the main drama on the show, so where does that leave me? The twins are at least organic in their reaction to her nonsense but also too eager for reality drama, but at least it was cute when they dropped everything to charge Amber's house in the middle of the night.

I do think its funny how they're going out of their way to include Rosie and now she's become Kathy's link to the show instead of the other way around. Speaking of, she really needs to stop fucking with her face!

Oh, and Dina's there too. zzzzzz

King
Member Avatar

I like the twins and Amber kinda, but I am not invested in them. Dina is boring. I don't like Melissa. Theresa's life is sad, but she's my favorite, as usual.

OC, this season, was on FIRE! Loved every ep, love every girl.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

The Dubrows couldn't look more rotten if they tried.

King
Member Avatar

I love 'em.

michelle
Member Avatar

I'm LOVING NJ!

Course I think Dina is amazing, but maybe cause I can relate to her. Or I just love her closet. And her weird animals. This is the first time I have liked Theresa is a LONG time and the first time I haven't liked Melissa at all. I can't stand Amber or her husband but the twins I think are great! Well, everything but their voices, of course.

And who didn't think Rino had cheated with Nicole??? I thought that was it for sure, but no - he slept with Teresa's MOTHER, Santa???? Well, Ho, Ho, Holy Reindeer! What a SHOCKER! And several times apparently.

I also thought the OC Reunion was DA BOMB. I think Shannon was a great addition to the ladies, Lizzie was kind of a bore and Danielle, zzzz. I kept forgetting she was on the show, she never spoke! Or did anything!

Vicky was awesome all season. Loved her ragging on Oklahoma (again) when Andy gave her the floor to redeem herself! She will still always be the #1 Housewife, to me. Loved her story about giving Don the alimony check and having a hard time letting him have it, LOL. It was probably a BIG check! No wonder he's living large.

And Tamra and Heather...what a couple of assholes. Heather lied all season and so did Tamra. Quite frankly, I've had enough of Heather's high and mighty attitude. NOBODY'S YELLING AT YOU, SO STOP SAYING THAT. And she DID kick Shannon out of her house. What a cold bitch.

As for Tamra, I guess her job is to bring the drama and boy, she did that WELL. The "taking the Beadors down" comment was so ridiculous, I don't know how she ever said that with a straight face. I must admit that Kentucky Fried Titties was a great nickname for Lizzie. Not as good as Jesus Jugs, mind you, but still FUNNY. I actually believe Tamra really comes up with these. She may be crass and insecure, but she's got a great sense of humor.

Okay, so, Terry vs David...how funny that all the ladies think David is hot (Nobody thinks Terry is hot). I just don't see it. It might because his voice is high and whiny, but I DO like him. I kind of think Terry is jealous and that's why he got all pissed at the Ho Down when David was drunk and said what he said about Heather. But seriously, it was so silly. It wasn't like David told Heather to spread her legs for HIM. Or was SOBER saying those things. Terry WAY overreacted and came off like a jealous, jerky, douchebag. Which he is. And calling David a penis at Vicki's dinner party??? CLASSY DUDE and pretty shocking coming from the husband of Ms. Manners. Heather was probably secretly appalled.

As much as I like David though, why the hell is he asking Vicki what color her bra and panty's are? GROSS DUDE! I love Vicki, but she's the last one you should be asking about the color of her lingerie. Maybe he did it cause she is in that "safe" friend zone. I hope so cause Shannon looked MAD.

King
Member Avatar

This has been my favorite season of OC in years. Four or five seasons. I feel like it found itself again.

This is probably my least favorite NJ season.

This was probably my second least favorite NY season.

And this was probably my least favorite Atlanta season.

Are the shows slipping or what?

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

px780
Jul 18 2014, 06:13 PM
That link to "Sequestered" didn't work for me, so I went here: http://www.wetpaint.com/heather-dubrow/articles/2014-07-18-heather-dubrow-show-sequestered-promo

It looks interesting but I don't know how to watch it, I'm still old-school in that I'm only on my first non-televised tv show. Technically I know that channel is on my Xbox, but I don't imagine myself going in there for a show. There needs to be a cross-site search or channel listing, though that concept doesn't make sense because things don't actually air.
Just seeing this!

We released the first 6 episodes a few weeks ago - you don't have to watch them on your xbox, you can watch it right online here. Free:

http://www.crackle.com/c/sequestered

Check it out some time, all! B-)

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Is anyone watching the Real Housewives of Melbourne?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'm loving Gina so far, and Chyka. I'm not a Jackie (rock star wife) fan.

It's miles ahead of Vancouver in terms of quality, I can definitely see why Bravo picked it up and not Vancouver. It's well cast and most knew each other or had organic connections.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm watching Melbourne. Chyka is probably my favorite by far. Jackie annoys the hell out of me!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply