Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real Housewives of... Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2009, 05:34 PM (65,820 Views)
into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

The season finale looks to be explosive, but I'm disappointed another Housewives series isn't starting up after it! The Real Housewives of Atlanta doesn't premiere until July 30th which seems like an eternity! I hope the preview special is soon so we can sample new housewife Kandi and see how the girls are now. If it stays true to form, this should be the show to watch.

Back to NJ...I wonder how the reunion show will be. Honestly, I've found the show to largely be boring. It has very little drama besides everyone hating Danielle. With most of them being family, I imagine the reunion will be turned into everyone vs Danielle, since she's the only source of drama.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I have to disagree, skyline. I think NJ is better than NYC or Atlanta.

I am really liking this crew! I can't wait for tomorrow night.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Wow, that was some finale!!! Teresa is definitely nuts, lol!

Can't wait for the 'director's cut' on Thursday, so aptly titled "The Last Supper", and then the two part reunion next week.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Have you guys seen their bravo blogs? Sorry I don't have a link as I just saw them posted at SurvivorSucks... anyway, they make it sound like Jacqueline is totally back on Team Manzo and has cut Danielle out of her life after the show aired.

Will be interesting to see what happens at the reunion.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

I still say this show was a little dull and would've been nothing with Danielle. She was the only conflict to be found and without her we would've been stuck with Teresa as a stage mom, Dina fretting over her daughter and Caroline's idiot kids. With them all being related, it limits the conflict and stacks the deck against an outsider like Danielle. Most of the season was very slow and uneventful, but that finale was great.

Finally everything came together and something HAPPENED. The only problem is what they'll do next season TThey'll want to keep Danielle, but no one will interact with her so how will that work? With it being the highest rated series, all housewives will definitely be back. Will they add another love interest to spark interest? If the ties with Danielle remain strained it'll be difficult to make it work. Atlanta is another series that ended uncertain (due to the finantial realities of many wives) so it'll be interesting to see how that show fares.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Oh God and I'm just reading that apparently Danielle's BF on the show wants to sell sex tapes they made during their relationship because she was always borrowing money from him (20k for jewelry) and he wants payback.

If that woman was still working as a prostitute it would make so much sense.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Danielle won her sex case... for now anyways.
Edited by Rakesh198, Jun 24 2009, 09:04 PM.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

In order to sell a sex tape, wouldn't you need permission from both parties to sell it?

King
Member Avatar

Well, there have definitely been sex tapes in the past that didn't have both parties permission. LOL.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Well there have been sex tapes leaked yes, but to sell it and make a profit it seems like you'd have to have permission to show the other persons face. BTW, the super evil thing Danielle did to Caroline and Dina was respond to inquiries Dina's ex-husband had about her current lifestyle. She mentioned it on her Bravo blog. Caroline is just a mess. So controlling and hypocritical. There was an article where Dina and Caroline said they don't know if they'll do season two. We'll see. Money Talks. Typically for the first season they'll get like $5,000 per episode, but once offered $50,000 or more per episode I bet they'll sign on. Hopefully they stick to their words because a major cast revamp would make next season more interesting. It's too much Manzo's vs Danielle with a dash of Teresa. Keep Jacquline, Danielle and Teresa with two new girls.
Edited by into_the_skyline, Jun 26 2009, 03:21 PM.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

into_the_skyline
Jun 26 2009, 03:19 PM
Well there have been sex tapes leaked yes, but to sell it and make a profit it seems like you'd have to have permission to show the other persons face. BTW, the super evil thing Danielle did to Caroline and Dina was respond to inquiries Dina's ex-husband had about her current lifestyle. She mentioned it on her Bravo blog. Caroline is just a mess. So controlling and hypocritical. There was an article where Dina and Caroline said they don't know if they'll do season two. We'll see. Money Talks. Typically for the first season they'll get like $5,000 per episode, but once offered $50,000 or more per episode I bet they'll sign on. Hopefully they stick to their words because a major cast revamp would make next season more interesting. It's too much Manzo's vs Danielle with a dash of Teresa. Keep Jacquline, Danielle and Teresa with two new girls.
Great post. Couldn't agree more about a cast revamp. I just don't see it working with the same ladies for second run.

Seems like the cameras missed quite a bit between Dani and the Manzos. Wished they would have caught more.

I can't friggin' wait 'til TRH of Atlanta to start! Just a little more than a month!!

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Something that bothered, but also intruiged me (and others) about this show is how much happened off screen. That's why I was so interested because you finish watching the show and it left endless questions. Problem is, you can only do so much of that. Do we really want a season two with the heavily gaurded Manzo's who refuse to say anything on camera? Endless weeks of "You KNOW what you did, but I'm not saying!" Give me a break!

Bring on Atlanta! I hope Kandi blends better than DeShawn and that they bring the entertainment! What I loved about Atlanta is that they had great chemistry and the storylines were so interesting that the week to week episodes were just great. With Orange County I feel like their lives are just so boring and they're really stretching for material. The reunion is about the only interesting aspect. They also had terrible luck in casting.

Posted Image

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

^^Ooo! I hadn't seen that before. Thanks for posting. ITA about Atlanta. It's def. my overall favorite.

NeNe = :wub:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Well, I have seen the Housewives series since the beginning and Atlanta is the better of them all because the ladies aren't related and they love the camera!

Th OC gals are.....they need to get younger blood! Botox and boobs arent enough.

NYC is good, but that Kelly girl is not interesting AT ALL! Then the other girls don't have major conflicts...too chummy now. Kelly's the obvious 5th wheel and would be good if she wasn't in PLUTO?!

NJ was good with the whole book this coming out. I agree that everything's too secretive around the Manzos. I hope Dina and Caroline do quit. I like Jaqueline and Danielle. Theresa could also do those stage mom shows on TLC!

Does Andy Cohen thinks he's some lawyer thats cross examining his defendants? I swear he was harsh....making even Caroline cry....but still never really gave us the whole story!

I'm looking forward to Atlanta. I like Sheree and her ego. I want to see her go on dates!
Liz

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Dayum, they did a little teaser clip during a marathon of Lisa pulling Kim's wig and Kim saying "No no no!" or something to that effect. It was very short and they never replayed it since I started watching. I'm going to assume it was in jest and not a hair pulling brawl. It just made me want to see a full trailer so bad! I hope they do a preview special for season two. Did they do one for NYC or for any of the subsequent OC seasons?

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

TRH of NJ was my first time watching any of TRH shows. ''PROSTITUTION WHORE'' is probably my favorite line from the season. lol I'm probably in the minority here but I like Danielle. I also like Caroline but I was having a change of heart during the reunion. Caroline's hate for Danielle is just too much.

Cupcake06

I seriously love every season, and will probably love every season that ever premieres, but NYC and Atlanta are still my favorites, so far. And OMG...music to my ears that Atlanta is back in July. I didn't know that. That is sooner than I expected. I figured it wouldn't start until sometime in the fall. Yay! Oh, and i'm glad to see that DeShawn is the one that has been replaced. I was worried it might have been one of the more interesting women.

Anyway, I found this very BLUE reunion to be so distracting. What an eyesore.

Cupcake06

Mateo
Jun 17 2009, 04:03 PM
Can't wait for the 'director's cut' on Thursday, so aptly titled "The Last Supper"
I didn't know about this :(

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Oh my god! The first real promo for Atlanta has hit Bravo and it looks fierce.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/videos/the-atlanta-housewives-are-back

I guess the wig pulling was more serious than I thought, lol. I should've known it wasn't done in a friendly manner, but I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. Now I really can't wait for this premiere. I wonder how it'll do on a new night with a mediocre lead in. New Jersey was helped out by premiering after NYC's hugely popular reunion.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

^^Wow, hadn't seen that yet! Looks crazy, lol!

Thanks for posting, :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply