Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real Housewives of... Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2009, 05:34 PM (63,461 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

If she's been intimidating and plotting against Brandi in the off season as every report indicates she has no reason to keep her secrets. That's not friendship. And watching the scene it did look like she was setup to basically vent about how she had been pissing her off lately. It wasn't a big dramatic "Oh yeah? Well _________". It was just one extra item in her rant.

But there really seems to be a double standard here. Adrienne's able to stab Lisa in the back, fabricate the radar online story, and slam Brandi for reality fodder but Brandi's not able to return the favour? It's tit for tat.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

px780
Dec 11 2012, 08:46 PM
On an entirely different note- I also wish Camille were a full-time HW this season. Why exactly did she part ways with the show?
Bravo wanted her to include more of her personal life than she was willing to include. I'm pretty sure Kelsey doesn't allow the kids to appear on the show. And Dimitri is supposedly a very shy person, so their relationship was off limits to the cameras. Therefore, Camille's role was decreased. Glad she's still around though, and I can't wait to see what gets her fired up this season. Shades of Season 1 Camille are supposed to be seen. :D

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Drew
Dec 11 2012, 09:47 PM
If she's been intimidating and plotting against Brandi in the off season as every report indicates she has no reason to keep her secrets. That's not friendship. And watching the scene it did look like she was setup to basically vent about how she had been pissing her off lately. It wasn't a big dramatic "Oh yeah? Well _________". It was just one extra item in her rant.

But there really seems to be a double standard here. Adrienne's able to stab Lisa in the back, fabricate the radar online story, and slam Brandi for reality fodder but Brandi's not able to return the favour? It's tit for tat.
But what kind of person does that make Brandi? The minute she's no longer friends with Adrienne, she goes and tells her secrets. That's a shitty thing to do to somebody. If you no longer want to be friends with someone, cut ties with them and move on. You don't take information divulged to you in a friendship and then expose them because the other person upsets you. What 40 year old woman does that? A bitch, that's who!

What has Adrienne said about Brandi? Everything I've read so far comes from "sources" that Brandi is accusing Adrienne of being. I haven't heard anything come from Adrienne until this episode where Adrienne made mention of Brandi sleeping until 3 PM because she's partying with booze and alcohol.

As for Lisa and Radar Online, even Adrienne herself stated she fucked up trying to bring that to light. She even said it right after on the reunion show. It's been said numerous times that ALL of the ladies were going to speak to Lisa about selling stories. Camille was the only one, besides Adrienne, that admitted to knowing about the accusation. The minute nobody else chimed in about selling stories, Adrienne retreated and apologized to Lisa.

King
Member Avatar

I do! I love Yolanda. She is classy and a Queen Bee in the making. DIVA. Love her.

I don't even know where my thoughts fall on this whole Brandi/Adrienne thing. Brandi is one of my favorite HW ever, but she handles things awfully.

That said, if the secret is that Adrienne used surrogates, I find this whole thing STUPID.

King
Member Avatar

I'm sure Adrienne got jealous of Lisa and her popularity and her relationship with Bravo and wanted to tear her down a la Jill and Bethenny, but unlike Jill, she realized it was a losing battle and had a sit down/apologized.

Everyone on BH is being kind of petty this year, except Kyle, which is sad because I feel like that is what set that city apart in the rest of the franchise.

Does anyone know when Vancouver comes back? Will Christina be on it?

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

So Atlanta and their vacation...am I the only prude who thinks all the sex talk is a bit much?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Team Kenya.

And Fay, keep trying to be relevant ...

Edge1978
Member Avatar

WTF Faye, only taking what Brandi said at Game Night and crucifying her for it when Kyle AND Kim were assholes to Brandi that night, whom they didn't even know at that time. Also Faye really needs to leave her face alone. She was so pretty in Season 1, not so much now. Love when Lisa went to bat for Brandi to Kyle.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I know you're going to talk about me now. What are you going to say about me now? Talk about me now, please. Pretty please? I need this job. And you're totally going to talk about me now right? TALK ABOUT ME!

That's how I interpreted Faye, anyway. What a loser.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I loved Faye last night. Brandi got in Adrienne and Lisa's business, but she can't handle it when it someone comes into hers, and owns her. Loved seeing her retreat. Maybe the dumb bitch is growing up.

And I loved Mauricio calling Brandi out on her shit.

Anyone else see a little hint of Season 1 Camille last night, especially with Taylor. Loved it! I can't wait until she fully comes out later in the season.

What the hell was up Taylor's ass? Aren't she and Adrienne supposed to be friends? Taylor's probably still pissed Adrienne wouldn't pass herself off as Kennedy's godmother like Taylor tried to say in Season 1. I usually don't mind Taylor, but she annoyed me last night with her hysterics. I'm glad Kyle and Camille were there to keep things from becoming about Taylor.

And way to go Kim! Stand up for yourself. Probably was the wrong time and place, though.

So we also met potential-housewife-who-didn't-really-make-the-cut Marissa last night. Nothing too great yet. We'll see what she brings to the table.

And why the fuck is Yolanda on this show?!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

DrewHamilton- you and I are total opposites on this show. Lol.

I still don't get how Brandi got up in anyone's business by answering a question to a group of people who would never take that info outside the room...except that they did, which makes me think whatever Brandi said is not that bad.

And Faye- standing in for Kyle/Adrienne- was full of shit and totally baiting Brandi. What exactly did she want Brandi to say? How could Brandi say anything specific without getting herself into even more of a mess (it was EXACTLY the same setup as last time- people pushing Brandi to explain things; why would Adrienne's friend do that if not to gather more evidence against Brandi)? Why do you have to send an orchid (smirk) to someone to prove that you're sorry? It was all so absurd. And scripted.

I think it just made me take Brandi's side about whatever it is.

Taylor's hysterics were the first time I believed she'd been in an abusive relationship. Loved Kyle's eye roll, though.

JMHO of course.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Again, Brandi had no business discussing that part of Adrienne's life. What did she gain? Honestly. Brandi keeps saying she wanted to call Adrienne out as a liar. I'm pretty sure Lisa and Brandi did just that at the Season 2 reunion. Was it necessary to bring up a family secret like that? Especially when Adrienne has made it clear from the very beginning of the show that her kids are off limits.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Dec 18 2012, 12:57 PM
I loved Faye last night. Brandi got in Adrienne and Lisa's business, but she can't handle it when it someone comes into hers, and owns her. Loved seeing her retreat. Maybe the dumb bitch is growing up.

And I loved Mauricio calling Brandi out on her shit.

Anyone else see a little hint of Season 1 Camille last night, especially with Taylor. Loved it! I can't wait until she fully comes out later in the season.

What the hell was up Taylor's ass? Aren't she and Adrienne supposed to be friends? Taylor's probably still pissed Adrienne wouldn't pass herself off as Kennedy's godmother like Taylor tried to say in Season 1. I usually don't mind Taylor, but she annoyed me last night with her hysterics. I'm glad Kyle and Camille were there to keep things from becoming about Taylor.

And way to go Kim! Stand up for yourself. Probably was the wrong time and place, though.

So we also met potential-housewife-who-didn't-really-make-the-cut Marissa last night. Nothing too great yet. We'll see what she brings to the table.

And why the fuck is Yolanda on this show?!
I know, right! I couldn't believe out of all the drama it flashes to Yolanda working out. :blink:

I didn't know Marissa was going to be on RHOBH? Is she on for the long haul or was that her own appearance I wonder.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm pretty sure Marisa will be seen from last night's episode and on. She's in the season preview that aired at the beginning of the season.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

DrewHamilton
Dec 18 2012, 01:37 PM
Again, Brandi had no business discussing that part of Adrienne's life. What did she gain? Honestly. Brandi keeps saying she wanted to call Adrienne out as a liar. I'm pretty sure Lisa and Brandi did just that at the Season 2 reunion. Was it necessary to bring up a family secret like that?
It clearly wasn`t that much of a secret if Faye`s able to talk about it.

She wasn't out to gain anything. She was having a conversation in a room filled with people who already knew being prodded by Lisa and Kyle for the reasons she doesnt like Adrienne. She answered them and apparently fell into a trap.

Quote:

Especially when Adrienne has made it clear from the very beginning of the show that her kids are off limits.

So off limits they were in her intro in the opening credits every week for an entire season.
Edited by Drew, Dec 19 2012, 12:29 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

The bottom line is this, if this is just an innocent dinner party why was the sole topic of conversation this argument and why is Kyle as the host not putting a stop to (let alone participating) an attack on a guest?

The entire affair is so obviously a setup. If Brandi had already offered not to go for Adrienne's sake why did she not go? Why would she have to when she can have Faye do her controntation for her since she's so (allegedly) bad at it? It's perfect. Faye gets to be Kyle/Adrienne's mouth piece again, maybe cause another Dinner Party From Hell, gets the attention and fame she's desperately been seeking for 20 years, and Kyle gets to sit there and pretend to be so shocked.

"Shit" indeed .....

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

DrewHamilton

I was actually really disapointed in Camille this week. She knows first hand how this Faye Resnick special goes and said nothing. A complete stranger had to point out how absurd the entire affair was. Her and Brandi are supposed to be friends.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

px780
Dec 18 2012, 01:06 PM

And Faye- standing in for Kyle/Adrienne- was full of shit and totally baiting Brandi. What exactly did she want Brandi to say? How could Brandi say anything specific without getting herself into even more of a mess (it was EXACTLY the same setup as last time- people pushing Brandi to explain things; why would Adrienne's friend do that if not to gather more evidence against Brandi)? Why do you have to send an orchid (smirk) to someone to prove that you're sorry? It was all so absurd. And scripted.

I think it just made me take Brandi's side about whatever it is.
I love that Faye somehow has the moral high ground to be offended by the things Brandi has said about others but as far as I can tell has never appologized to Brandi herself for the bitchy comments she made about her when Brandi was first introduced.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Drew
Dec 19 2012, 12:27 AM
So off limits they were in her intro in the opening credits every week for an entire season.
Adrienne's kids appear in both Season 2 and Season 3 openings, BUT their faces aren't shown. When they appear on camera, in all three seasons so far, their faces have always been blurred. Go back and watch old episodes. You never get to see what Adrienne's kids look like. Been that way since the beginning.

And as for Faye knowing, it's been stated that Faye's been friends with Adrienne for 25+ years. She would know.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Drew
Dec 19 2012, 12:39 AM
DrewHamilton

I was actually really disapointed in Camille this week. She knows first hand how this Faye Resnick special goes and said nothing. A complete stranger had to point out how absurd the entire affair was. Her and Brandi are supposed to be friends.
If I'm not mistaken, I read something (maybe one of Brandi's Bravo blogs) where she said she and Camille had somewhat of a falling out during filming of Season 3, so they weren't as close as they became in Season 2 when Brandi first started hanging out with the group.

Again, I think Camille is honoring the friendship she has with Adrienne that dates back years, rather than knowing some slut for a few months. Camille knows right from wrong, especially after the heat she received from Season 1. So she spoke up against Brandi. Adrienne came to Camille's defense in Season 2 against Taylor and Russell, and it's nice to see Camille doing the same for Adrienne now.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply