Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Real Housewives of... Discussion
Topic Started: May 12 2009, 05:34 PM (63,448 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

King
Dec 30 2012, 07:26 PM
I love Phaedra and Apollo! I've done a complete 180 on Phaedra since she joined.

Something must have happened between Ana and Leah off-screen since the show - the blogs maybe? Or maybe Ana didn't like what Leah said in her confessionals? Leah is a lot to handle and not for everyone. She's only just starting to grow on me after two seasons.

I love Miami!
I want to know what was that "socially awkward" comment referred to. If she was calling Lea's son that then she's totally out of line. Especially when her daughters came across as so trashy and low brow in their brief appearances.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Drew
Dec 31 2012, 12:16 AM
King
Dec 30 2012, 07:26 PM
I love Phaedra and Apollo! I've done a complete 180 on Phaedra since she joined.

Something must have happened between Ana and Leah off-screen since the show - the blogs maybe? Or maybe Ana didn't like what Leah said in her confessionals? Leah is a lot to handle and not for everyone. She's only just starting to grow on me after two seasons.

I love Miami!
I want to know what was that "socially awkward" comment referred to. If she was calling Lea's son that then she's totally out of line. Especially when her daughters came across as so trashy and low brow in their brief appearances.
That's how I took it and either Lea held back and didn't call her out or she did and it was cut for some reason.

Much of the first part of the reunion felt like an OTT attempt at staying relevant for a potential new season.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ana, and others, have come out and said Ana wasn't referring to RJ (Lea's son) when she said "socially awkward." In fact, Ana was referring to the way Lea has described her daughters in the past, in blogs, etc.

King
Member Avatar

Oh, really? I just assumed it was RJ too.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

She apparently told Ana that her daughters would have trouble in social settings if they didn't control their "potty mouths" in an off camera conversation. I can't say I disagree with her ... the only words I remember coming out of their mouths was "vagina" a thousand times.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Mateo
Dec 31 2012, 02:26 AM

Much of the first part of the reunion felt like an OTT attempt at staying relevant for a potential new season.
Yep.

I didn't mind her up until the reunion, she totally turned me off her. And I'm sorry but the bully label is absolutely valid, yes they're in a reality show, but this is the type of thing kids are facing. Youtube, on twitter, behind their back conversations, in groups. The only other time I've ever seen almost an entire cast gang up on someone like this was with Danielle - and she atleast tried to have someone's daughter taken away. What did Karent do? Take annoying photos and smile all the time? The reaction to her was totally disproportionate.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

So NeNe and Greg are engaged. Not surprised. Whole breakup wreaked of publicity stunt.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It was a total publicity stunt. I don't even care though. NeNe is so much more tolerable when Gregg is around.

King
Member Avatar

Nene is really fun and funny again this season.

Thank God!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

So her son punched a homeless man and bragged about it because of his repressed emotions? Just wow... And she went off on Karent for bringing up her son because she'd only met her two months earlier, then it turned in to knowing her nearly a year earlier when they were having dinner. Which is it?

King
Member Avatar

I mean...he's a teenager. He's young, he's dumb. Why is this even being discussed on the reunion?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Cue the violin as Brandi cries. :eyeroll:

Totally agree with Faye saying Lisa sits back and lets Brandi do her dirty work. Lisa is calculating.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jan 8 2013, 12:36 AM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

DrewHamilton
Dec 31 2012, 12:29 PM
Ana, and others, have come out and said Ana wasn't referring to RJ (Lea's son) when she said "socially awkward." In fact, Ana was referring to the way Lea has described her daughters in the past, in blogs, etc.
I'm not buying it.

Ana clearly- by her own words in her blog- prepared to battle with Lea at this reunion, and she's not an idiot. I think she knew how people would interpret that comment, and I think she scripted it brilliantly so that it's subtle enough where I might believe she wasn't trying to take a swipe at Lea's son (the way Lea took a swipe at her daughters). Maybe if she didn't come in with a binder full of research and a pocketful of quips I might believe her remark was innocent.

I don't hold it against her though, really, because I don't care about her or Lea.

Quote:

Nene is really fun and funny again this season.

I never really followed Atlanta until more recently, but I'm loving her. She really does have the it factor, imho.

I can't wait to see how BH falls apart once Kyle realizes how much energy Bravo's put into Lisa and the spinoff, and how that required the rise of Brandi to help make the transition. No way she'll just sit back and let others be the stars of the show. I feel like a battle between her and Lisa is on the horizon.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

When Faye said that it wasn't about money, it's about integrity I almost spit out my iced tea (glass houses.. Ms Faye) Marisa was 100% correct in telling Kyle that Faye had no business shoving her nose in where it didn't belong. I'm so tired of hearing of what Brandi said at Game Night to Kim. Again, had Faye watched the episode she would've seen that Kyle NOR Kim were angels that night. If anything they were acting like catty bitches (hiding Brandi's crutches, not wanting Brandi to be on their team)

Just the fact that Kyle had to be told to go after Brandi proves that Kyle could care less about making up with Brandi and simply enjoyed watching her pit bull rip her to shreds. I LOVED it when Lisa kept on rolling her eyes at Faye and finally said something. I cannot believe how much I loathe Kyle this season, from being my favorite housewife in the first and second seasons to literally annoying the crap out of me.

I enjoyed Brandi and Camille's chat, but from what I read they no longer get along...is this true? Maybe I misread it.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Yeah, I heard Camille and Brandi are no longer closer like they used to be. Something happens this season that pits Camille against Brandi and Lisa. I can't wait!

I did actually feel bad for Brandi at the end of the episode during her conversation with Scheana.

And I liked how they transitioned RHOB into Vanderpump Rules with Scheana walking into SUR after leaving Villa Blanca. That was cool. Didn't hold my attention to watch the whole episode though.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

px780
Jan 8 2013, 12:54 PM
DrewHamilton
I'm not buying it.

Ana clearly- by her own words in her blog- prepared to battle with Lea at this reunion, and she's not an idiot. I think she knew how people would interpret that comment, and I think she scripted it brilliantly so that it's subtle enough where I might believe she wasn't trying to take a swipe at Lea's son (the way Lea took a swipe at her daughters). Maybe if she didn't come in with a binder full of research and a pocketful of quips I might believe her remark was innocent.

I don't hold it against her though, really, because I don't care about her or Lea.
I don't think anyone considered Ana's comment about RJ. Like Ana said in her blog after the reunion, if Lea had thought she was referring to RJ, Lea would've jumped off that couch and went after Ana. Any mother would. Lea had no problems getting up and defending everything else Ana was throwing her way. But the minute Ana "insulted RJ" Lea just sat there? Don't think so! Lea knew Ana was referring to the way Lea spoke about Ana's daughters throughout the season, and that's why she said nothing. It wasn't until the VIEWERS/FANS started speculating that Ana was talking about RJ that anything came out of it. It wasn't Ana labeling RJ as "socially awkward," it was the viewers, and how they think of Lea's son.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

DrewHamilton
Jan 8 2013, 01:52 PM
px780
DrewHamilton
I'm not buying it.

I don't think anyone considered Ana's comment about RJ. Like Ana said in her blog after the reunion, if Lea had thought she was referring to RJ, Lea would've jumped off that couch and went after Ana. Any mother would. Lea had no problems getting up and defending everything else Ana was throwing her way. But the minute Ana "insulted RJ" Lea just sat there? Don't think so! Lea knew Ana was referring to the way Lea spoke about Ana's daughters throughout the season, and that's why she said nothing. It wasn't until the VIEWERS/FANS started speculating that Ana was talking about RJ that anything came out of it. It wasn't Ana labeling RJ as "socially awkward," it was the viewers, and how they think of Lea's son.
And who ever would have guessed that anyone would interpret Ana's comment as being about the kid? It's just so unforeseeable...

I love how we disagree on EVERYTHING about these shows. :)

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

DrewHamilton
Jan 8 2013, 01:52 PM
px780
DrewHamilton
I'm not buying it.

That may be true for some of the fans, but as someone who hadn't been reading the blogs and wasn't aware of what Lea may or may not have said regarding Ana's daughters, that's not my stance. It was how Ana said it and the circumstance that was suspect. In fact, we haven't really seen much of RJ and from what we have it's been interaction with his mom, his father, Frieda and Adrianna and her son, even then he hasn't been on much.

Either way I enjoyed Ana throughout the season but the reunion turned me off to her. It didn't come off as her trying to defend herself against Lea and what Lea's said in blogs or to the press. It was pure desperation on Ana's part to stay relevant. Her story pretty much concluded with the end of the season when she signed the divorce papers. It was in her best interest to beef up the drama at the reunion, start potential fueds, for a third season(if there is one) storyline.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Very good Brandi episode this past week. We're shown so much of the hillariously abrasive Brandi but we really got to see how vulnerable and beat up she's been these last few years. Her "I'm always fine" spoke volumes.

I'm seriously over Adrienne's fakeness. "My marriage is on the verge of total collapse but Paul and I are starting a skin care line :D :D Please give me all of your money" GMAFB woman.

And then there's Taylor. Taylor, Taylor, Taylor. Does one typically allow a conversation with a lawyer about a multi-million dollar lawsuit from their abusive/loving suicidal/homicidal ex/not husband to be filmed without some idea of what is going to be discussed first? I would guess no. And we're going to settle this with a ring and couple of purses? PURSES?! Father is this bulls.. Yes!

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I REALLY want Brandi to unleash on the piece of trash known as Faye Resnick. I can not stand that fame whore, she has been grasping for relevance for nearly 20 years. Ugh!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply