Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW:Carly Goes Free; March 23rd issue; article summary
Topic Started: Mar 11 2010, 02:51 PM (2,697 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

Carly pleads guilty this week, but Melanie shows up in court and clears her of attempted murder.

Crystal talks about Carly feeling so much guilt over killing Lawrence and giving her child away and that she feels pleading guilty and going away is the best thing for everyone.

Hope visits Melanie and tells her the facts about the shooting, but Melanie is still determined to see Carly punished. Hope delivers the bad news to Carly. Carly is convinced that Melanie is the only one that can help her, when she realizes that isn’t going to happen she pleads guilty.

Bo, Hope, and Justin try to talk her out of it, but Carly remains determined. Crystal says, “It’s devastating – the whole idea of going to prison and not seeing her child again, and giving up Bo, who’s been a true source of strength since she got back to Salem. Carly doesn’t want to give up, but she believes it’s best for everyone.”

Carly’s hearing is going on when Melanie suddenly shows up. Carly is happy to see her one last time. Crystal says, “She thinks Melanie is there for cathartic reasons, to say what she feels about everything Carly has done to her by giving her up.”

To Carly’s surprise, Melanie admits her shooting was an accident and the judge dismisses the case. Carly takes it as a sign that there is hope that Melanie will forgive her and they can have some kind of a relationship. Carly tries to hug Melanie, but it doesn’t go over well. Melanie says she testified because it was the right thing to do. Daniel got her to do it, and it had nothing to do with Carly. She still doesn’t want anything to do with her.

Carly heads to the hospital to thank Daniel. “Daniel is still very angry and sets Carly straight,” recounts CC. “He didn’t persuade Melanie to testify for her. He did it for his daughter. He didn’t want her to live with the fact that she sent her mother to prison.”

Then Carly wanders down to the pier and runs into Vivian, who’s furious that she has been set free. Crystal says, “The deal was if Carly plead guilty and went to prison, Vivian would leave everyone she loved alone. Now that Carly didn’t live up to her end of the bargain, Vivian tells her all bets are off.”

Daniel shows up during the confrontation and scares Vivian a little bit and warns her to leave Carly alone. He is angry with her, but doesn’t want anything to happen to the mother of his child. Crystal says, “To have him stand up for her and say, ‘I’ll help you, I’ll protect you’ is huge.”

Now, if only Carly can get Melanie to come around. She isn’t going to give up on that.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Daniel scares Vivian? Vivian scared by anyone? I'll believe it when I see it.

And looks like the show is done with Bo-Carly and going full-speed again with Darly.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Just please oh please oh please tell me we're not going to get back on the Vivian is trying to kill Melanie merry-go-round. :shame:

Thanks for posting!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Mar 11 2010, 02:51 PM
Now, if only Carly can get Melanie to come around. She isn’t going to give up on that.
*sigh* More contrived hate from Melanie and Carly begging Melanie to love her. Better make sure my remote has fresh batteries.

Thanks for posting, Angie!

rosered

Angie79
Mar 11 2010, 02:51 PM
Please link to DR.

Carly pleads guilty this week, but Melanie shows up in court and clears her of attempted murder.

Crystal talks about Carly feeling so much guilt over killing Lawrence and giving her child away and that she feels pleading guilty and going away is the best thing for everyone.

Hope visits Melanie and tells her the facts about the shooting, but Melanie is still determined to see Carly punished. Hope delivers the bad news to Carly. Carly is convinced that Melanie is the only one that can help her, when she realizes that isn’t going to happen she pleads guilty.

Bo, Hope, and Justin try to talk her out of it, but Carly remains determined. Crystal says, “It’s devastating – the whole idea of going to prison and not seeing her child again, and giving up Bo, who’s been a true source of strength since she got back to Salem. Carly doesn’t want to give up, but she believes it’s best for everyone.”

Carly’s hearing is going on when Melanie suddenly shows up. Carly is happy to see her one last time. Crystal says, “ She thinks Melanie is there for cathartic reasons, to say what she feels about everything Carly has done to her by giving her up.”

To Carly’s surprise, Melanie admits her shooting was an accident and the judge dismisses the case. Carly takes it as a sign that there is hope that Melanie will forgive her and they can have some kind of a relationship. Carly tries to hug Melanie, but it doesn’t go over well. Melanie says she testified because it was the right thing to do. Daniel got her to do it, and it had nothing to do with Carly. She still doesn’t want anything to do with her.

Carly heads to the hospital to thank Daniel. “Daniel is still very angry and sets Carly straight,” recounts CC. “He didn’t persuade Melanie to testify for her. He did it for his daughter. He didn’t want her to live with the fact that she sent her mother to prison.”

Then Carly wanders down to the pier and runs into Vivian, who’s furious that she has been set free. Crystal says, “The deal was if Carly plead guilty and went to prison, Vivian would leave everyone she loved alone. Now that Carly didn’t live up to her end of the bargain, Vivian tells her all bets are off.”

Daniel shows up during the confrontation and scares Vivian a little bit and warns her to leave Carly alone. He is angry with her, but doesn’t want anything to happen to the mother of his child. Crystal says, “To have him stand up for her and say, ‘I’ll help you, I’ll protect your’ is huge.”

Thanks for posting!!

Carly clearly still has feelings for Bo, and I don't see Darly happening. Daniel mad it clear to hear
that he doesn't want anything happening to her for their daughter's sake only.
He sticks up for Carly, only because of Melanie. Otherwise, he could care less, he's still angry.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Glad the story is moving into the next phase.

I wonder what Vivian will do next.

Fryday
Member Avatar

I can totally get behind a Carly/Dan pairing. I think there's definitely some chemistry there. But first I want them to exhaust all the story possibilities of the Bo/Hope/Carly triangle. No need to rush into Darly. In fact, it'll heighten the sexual tension if they go agonizingly slow.

lily20

Fryday
Mar 11 2010, 03:38 PM
I can totally get behind a Carly/Dan pairing. I think there's definitely some chemistry there. But first I want them to exhaust all the story possibilities of the Bo/Hope/Carly triangle. No need to rush into Darly. In fact, it'll heighten the sexual tension if they go agonizingly slow.
yuck! :puke:

No thanks. I see no chemsitry between them whatsoever.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Mar 11 2010, 02:59 PM
Just please oh please oh please tell me we're not going to get back on the Vivian is trying to kill Melanie merry-go-round. :shame:

Thanks for posting!
After she said "good bye" to Lawrence and told Victor that Carly was the target, not Melanie, I think Vivian has set her sights on Carly directly. That way she wont hurt Philip directly (well besides the fact Carly is his mother-in-law now) and Victor might actually support her in her plans now.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Oh gosh we have the "mother of his child" fall back. Newsflash, Daniel...you don't have a child! You have a grown ass married woman daughter...who just acts like a child...so I guess I can see where you get that.

If I have to hear the term "mother of my child" as an excuse for two people to hang out, I will lose it. I can just hear Dan say that to Chloe a couple of times.

Kind of sick of Melanie being a bitch to Carly. Other than that, looks okay.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Angie!

I love seeing Justin mentioned. Hopefully that means he will be Carly's lawyer.

The rest of it just sounds boring. I'm honestly, done with the Carly/Vivian rivalry. Vivian couldn't do her job of getting rid of Melanie, I have no use for her lol.

And I really hate the Daniel and Carly crap. They bore me and I see no chemistry between them. I loathe Daniel as is. I can see that Daniel will be the prefect father and Carly will be the evil mother in Melanie eyes. Ugh! Whatever. I think Carly is better off without that twit anyway. Free Carly from those two nasty twits.

Fryday
Member Avatar

Quote:

I love seeing Justin mentioned. Hopefully that means he will be Carly's lawyer.

Me too. I look forward to any scenes with them. I'd be okay with a Justin/Carly romantic pairing too. They've got sort of a 30s romantic comedy vibe to them. I'm so easy... Justin/Carly, Bo/Carly, Dan/Carly... I like all 3 of these pairings, so whichever direction TPTB take Carly's love life, I can be a happy camper.

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because it’s illegal to kill them.

Glad Hope isn't such a twit now. So they're headin' for Darly, so Chloe goes to Phillip and Phloe and Bo goes back to Hope.... I think.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Get Vivian out of this story PLEASE!!!!

I could see a Dan/Carly pairing...I don't mind that!

Yeah, right, like Carly was going to pay for shooting anyone.

Thanks for posting!

Sariah
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Mar 11 2010, 02:55 PM

And looks like the show is done with Bo-Carly and going full-speed again with Darly.
I really hope Darly is coming. I need Chloe away from Daniel and available for Philip. ^_^

lastDays
Member Avatar

I think Vivian will wind up dead by May sweeps.The writers have plenty of suspects for a who-done-it.Her sole purpose is to destroy Carly
Edited by lastDays, Mar 11 2010, 06:33 PM.

~bl~
Member Avatar

I think that after Victor's speech in the last couple of weeks about how Daniel is his family, Vivian would be afraid of what could happen if she crossed him. Victor would not take it fondly that he hurt his godson's daughter even if that child's biological mother is Carly Manning.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I'm guessing Melanie doesn't implicate Vivian in her testimony. Carly goes free and Vivian will still be on the loose to torture her. I understand the need to have Vivian not in jail but this whole case and trial is a big mess of nonsense.

Ana75
Member Avatar

Sariah
Mar 11 2010, 06:11 PM
IMissAremid

I really hope Darly is coming. I need Chloe away from Daniel and available for Philip. ^_^
Phillip will be otherwise occupied.

But I do want to see Darly happen. :)

Blazin_Blue

IMissAremid

Vivian sure seemed scared of Phillip when he had that poker to her neck. haha! I'm starting to get tired of Vivian. What is it with her and always wanting other people's kids anyway? Nicky, Phillip, & now she's crazy about Melanie. And why are people so trusting of this psycho? I am glad she said goodbye to "Lawrence" though. Now if only we can get Carly to stop seeing him so I don't have to see him anymore. I know villains make soaps interesting, but there are plenty of villains to go around in Salem without Lawrence or Vivian. And if they just need someone to torture Carly, there's still Victor.

And I doubt they're done with Bo/Carly already. I don't want to see a Dan/Carly pairing yet...or Justin/Carly...or anyone but Bo/Carly. There is still story there and discussions to be had.

Of course Mel's still hating Carly. :blah: Get over it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply