Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 3/15 - 3/19
Topic Started: Mar 12 2010, 06:57 PM (11,640 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

DAYS OF OUR LIVES
Weekly Discussion for the week of March 15th

Classic Clips: At the "Graceland" wedding, Marlena reveals Kristen's deception to John and he discovers that Elvis (EJ) is not his son. Defeated, Kristen admits the truth and threatens to shoot Marlena with a stolen gun.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Drat! Kenny beat me to the punch.

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Mar 12 2010, 11:28 PM
Drat! Kenny beat me to the punch.
LoL, I've been meaning to post the Weekly Discussion thread for a few weeks now but you always beat me to the punch. :P

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Those clips just make me sad because even though St. Marlena was going to win John, I soooo wishes that somehow Kristen would get away with it. I watched hoping..hoping, that Kristen would beat that glitter!

I wish they brought black both Blakes...Jungle Madness and all!LOL

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

LOL...Didn't Sami hold baby EJ in in one of these classic episodes?!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ally
Mar 13 2010, 12:40 AM
I'm pretty sure she did.

Technically, EJ should be younger than Will, LoL.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Ally
Hahaha! That's hilarious.

This fucking show...

Manda1

I really enjoyed those clips! Of the Graceland wedding. LOL at John telling Kristen that Marlena is the most honest woman he knows when I think that she gave birth to Sami 'Queen of Lies' Brady:

Can anyone answer these questions?

Was Susan Banks 100% right in the head or is it just the accent that makes her sound like that?

Who was Laura that John apologised to not listening to in the first clip?

And what did happen to Kristen after this? Did she stay on the show?

Thanks in advance!

six
Member Avatar

Argh, you people and these clips from 97 are making me want to spend the time I use watching the current episodes tracking down and rewatching the switch and the killing pool. It went on forever, and was really campy, but I think that's still my favorite storyline. Laura slapping "Kristen" and sending her fake teeth flying, the Kristen/Marlena fight, Laura showing up at Kristen's funeral in that red dress, the identical quadruplets. That story was crazy.

I agree about bringing Peter and Kristen back, or at least explaining what happened to them. Stefano wouldn't let his son rot in prison, or his daughter stay trapped in that harem all this time.

Was Susan Banks 100% right in the head or is it just the accent that makes her sound like that?
Susan was a little slow. For example, she truly thought little EJ was Elvis Presley's child, just because Stefano dressed up as an Elvis impersonator when he was conceived. Before that, she carried a doll around, and took care of it like a baby.
Laura Horton is Mike and Jennifer's mom, and Marlena's best friend.

She stayed on the show for a short while, by faking her death, having Susan kidnapped and impersonating her, so she could get her hands on EJ (it was a Nicole kind of thing - they'd bonded and she didn't want to give him back). Anyway, long story short, she was found out, and Susan somehow managed to escape from where she was being held, imprison Kristen there, and went into hiding with little EJ. IIRC, as far as the audience knows, Kristen's still a captive, but since Stefano somehow found Susan and took EJ back, we can assume he rescued his daughter. The people of Salem still think she's dead.

EJ's story with Sami and Nicole are so similar to the first story that it's a shame that none of the original players, except Stefano were around for it. It could've been used to give him so many layers, and made for an interesting internal struggle, knowing his mom did what Sami did (trying to hide the baby), and that the only reason he was born was because his sister found herself in Nicole's situation.
Edited by six, Mar 13 2010, 11:53 AM.

Manda1

Six thanks for the answers. :smile:

So EJ is really named after Elvis Presley?! :lol: :lol:

darraholic
Member Avatar

The Graceland wedding is my favorite of all time. I couldn't stop laughing at John & Abe's suits. Susan's teeth flying into Vivian's drink <3. I miss Susan & Kristen so much.

I think everyone in Salem believes Kristen was the one that died in the pool.

Also, Laura Horton is one of the biggest character in the show's history.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Eileen Davidson :wub:

I would love if she came back to DAYS. I never watched her on DAYS when it originally aired, but Youtube helped me make up for lost time.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ally
I don't remember if she ever held him, but here they are at the same place at the same time. You don't ever actually see them both though. The next clip would have been better, but I chose this one, because I felt the bodyguard's mullet should be noted. They're not all there until the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2teJmfL220

Edited by lysie, Mar 13 2010, 02:02 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

LOL at Sami holding baby EJ, only on DAYS. :lol:

darraholic
Member Avatar

I know there was a picture of someone holding Baby Elvis and a grown up Sami was in the background.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Time to bring out the old photo I posted two years ago :P

Posted Image

Kenny
Member Avatar

Manda1
Mar 13 2010, 08:30 AM

Susan was a little kooky, but not psycho-bitch kooky. More like "short bus" kooky.

Laura was Laura Horton, mother of Jennifer and Mike. She was one of Marlena's closest friends and one of Kate's biggest enemies. When Kristen was presumed dead in 1998, everyone believed Laura was the one who drowned her. Here's a clip of her in action with Eileen Davidson/Kristen. (By the way, the reason she's acting so loopy is because Kristen drugged her drink, LoL.)

Kristen was presumed dead after one of her lookalikes (Penelope Kent) drowned in a pool behind the Blake house. Unbeknownst to everyone in Salem, Kristen was actually alive and planning to flee Salem with baby EJ after trying to kill Marlena with poisoned chocolates. At the last minute, Susan foiled her plan and Kristen was sent to some slave whore house in the Caribbean where she was locked in a dungeon. Here's a clip of her final scene where she realizes her fate and descends into madness. (It starts at 8:00)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHIteFe2hoM

Kristen was sort of a Nicole-esque character. She fell in love with John Black, got pregnant with his baby, then suffered a miscarriage after an explosion in Paris and that's when her world fell apart. She faked a pregnancy, stole a baby, locked Marlena in a secret room when she learned the truth, tried to have Laura committed, helped Stefano try to kidnap Marlena and take her to his island, blackmailed Vivian and Nurse Lynn, faked her brother Peter's death and helped frame Jack for his murder, faked her own death, tried to kill Marlena on multiple occasions, attempted suicide at John and Marlena's engagement party. She even brought a presumed dead Roman Brady back on John and Marlena's wedding day to keep the ceremony from happening. She was a crazy bitch and I loved her.

Kenny
Member Avatar

six
Mar 13 2010, 11:35 AM
Susan was a little slow. For example, she truly thought little EJ was Elvis Presley's child, just because Stefano dressed up as an Elvis impersonator when he was conceived. Before that, she carried a doll around, and took care of it like a baby.
Aww, and she named the doll Lisa Marie! LoL. I remember that.

Keith
Member Avatar

Philip, Brady, and EJ are really the only bad SORAS jobs left on the show and of course with Philip hooking Melanie, they've philosophically de-aged him about ten years LOL. I still always thought EJ should have turned out to be Tony/Anna's long lost kid. At least that wouldn't have been such a drastic age difference, lmao.

Kenny
Member Avatar

All this Kristen talk is making me feel so nostalgic.

Stefano: "I raised you. I love you!"

Kristen: "No, you love Marlena. Everyone loves Marlena, Marlena, MARLENA! I don't get it!"

:wub:

Marlena: "You lied and schemed and took what didn't belong to you! John and I belong together."

Kristen: "No you don't."

Marlena: "We love each other. We always have and we always will."

Kristen: "I don't THINK so, Marlena!"

Marlena: "Kristen!"

Kristen: (feigning happiness) "It's you! This is amazing!"

Marlena: "You BITCH!"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply