Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Judie the Promo Lady teases 45th Anniversary Plans
Topic Started: Mar 13 2010, 02:54 AM (2,188 Views)
Alin89
Member Avatar

heyjude14:

Starting plans for 45th Anniversary of DOOL....hopefully hitting airwaves this summer through and up to the Anniversary 11/8
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

They're celebrating the 45th Anniversary starting this summer all the way to November?

Alin89
Member Avatar

thats what she said on twitter

LawlyFan4ever
Member Avatar

soapoperafan01
Mar 13 2010, 02:54 AM
heyjude14:

Starting plans for 45th Anniversary of DOOL....hopefully hitting airwaves this summer through and up to the Anniversary 11/8
I'm going to hope that those plans include rectifying a lot of the crappy writing the last 15 years.

AlisonLou

I hope so too! I'd also like to see some of the current writing cleaned up too!
I wonder if this could be the Alice tribute? Would they have it last this long?
Ken did say that they were bringing people back gradually to say goodbye to Alice.
It explains why they are bringing Calliope back. I think they are gradually bringing people back over time!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Wow, so we're actually going to get months of promotion before the actual anniversary? Finally, people are starting to think!

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

This has to be the Alice tribute.

Maybe she is sick throughout the summer, dies sometime in October, and they will have the funeral in November. Hopefully with a ton of flashbacks.

And this should signal a renewal then. I hope NBC announces it soon, since we heard they were watching the ratings through March of this year. I hope they give them longer then just that one-year extension.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I do hope they make a big deal out of this anniversary. With the state of daytime today, this could very well be the last big anniversary (5 & 10 yr ones) the show celebrates.

It does seem to be a foregone conclusion that the show will be renewed for at least another year. The same was said several weeks ago in announcing the Days book line about a 45th Anniversary celebration. I hope the renewal is announced soon.
Edited by dc cubs, Mar 13 2010, 11:44 AM.

HJBJDJ

I'm gonna go along with the crowd. I think the starting in summer and going through is talking about Alice. Even when people come back to visit with Alice, it can still prompt memories and remembrances of things not directly related to Alice as well.

Notice though she said hopefully start hitting the airwaves this summer. Corday mentioned late May as Alice starting to fall ill. That's still spring and so if half of June technially. Though I never thought Cordays idea of May was right, he always seems to talk about things happening faster than they do. And if DAYS is to do this up right, they'd need enough time to prepare, alter story outlines, contact and schedule in former actors and they are taping quite a bit ahead of schedule now.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This has to be the Alice stuff.

When Corday mentioned how they would handle her death, I always felt it would play into the anniversary and it makes sense. It gives them ample time to set things up. The funeral and all the returns provides a chance to use flashbacks and honor the 45 years for more then just a day or week. it makes a great impact and the show could use it as a way to get major attention. Hopefully, it all works out like this and that the show does all that it can.

As for the renewal, the one year pickup has been a foregone conclusion IMO since last spring. I think the numbers from Sept-December cemented it and the past two months have made the case even stronger. I'm just hoping the rumors of a multi-year renewal are true. The one bad thing is going to be that NBC will likely up the requirements for Days now. I think they wanted certain performance requirements when they agreed to renew Days in 2008 and now they will probably slightly up those.

Eric83
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Mar 14 2010, 02:20 AM
As for the renewal, the one year pickup has been a foregone conclusion IMO since last spring. I think the numbers from Sept-December cemented it and the past two months have made the case even stronger. I'm just hoping the rumors of a multi-year renewal are true. The one bad thing is going to be that NBC will likely up the requirements for Days now. I think they wanted certain performance requirements when they agreed to renew Days in 2008 and now they will probably slightly up those.
Really?

NBC for sure knows that daytime isn't exactly bringing in alot of new viewers. I don't think they will up the requirements, IMO I think they will probably tell them to keep numbers above a 2.0 and to stay top 3 in the major demos. I just don't see DAYS hitting anything more than a 2.4, maybe they could do slightly higher on abnormal weeks such as the holidays or bad weather.

I hope that multi-year renewal rumor is true as well, NBC should at least give it another 2 years.

HJBJDJ

PhoenixRising05

When Corday mentioned how they would handle her death, I always felt it would play into the anniversary and it makes sense. It gives them ample time to set things up. The funeral and all the returns provides a chance to use flashbacks and honor the 45 years for more then just a day or week. it makes a great impact and the show could use it as a way to get major attention. Hopefully, it all works out like this and that the show does all that it can.
Kind of like what ER did last season. Instead of just the final episode for a farewell, they used the whole season to sprinkle in former characters returning to and paying tribute to the history of the show.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

HJBJDJ
Mar 14 2010, 01:22 PM
PhoenixRising05

Kind of like what ER did last season. Instead of just the final episode for a farewell, they used the whole season to sprinkle in former characters returning to and paying tribute to the history of the show.
I miss ER. :unsure:

sungrey

ER got it right. That last season, while it wasn't as good as the first few, was a perfect bookend. The old cast and the new mingled just perfect.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Eric83
Mar 14 2010, 10:54 AM
PhoenixRising05
Really?

NBC for sure knows that daytime isn't exactly bringing in alot of new viewers. I don't think they will up the requirements, IMO I think they will probably tell them to keep numbers above a 2.0 and to stay top 3 in the major demos. I just don't see DAYS hitting anything more than a 2.4, maybe they could do slightly higher on abnormal weeks such as the holidays or bad weather.

I hope that multi-year renewal rumor is true as well, NBC should at least give it another 2 years.
Yep. This is NBC we are talking about. They will get greedy and want more.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ladyofthelake
Mar 14 2010, 05:52 PM
HJBJDJ
Mar 14 2010, 01:22 PM
PhoenixRising05

I miss ER. :unsure:
Same here.

That show could've just kept going given it was a hospital. It never lost a beat, at least not for me, no matter who came and went.

paul89

whos ER?

Eric83
Member Avatar

paul89
Mar 21 2010, 02:13 PM
whos ER?
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply