Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controversial Former DAYS Writer Dishes the Dirt!; Warning: Don't read if you are easily offended...
Topic Started: Mar 16 2010, 02:07 AM (24,322 Views)
Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Drew
Mar 17 2010, 12:30 PM
JacksonWayne
Mar 17 2010, 10:35 AM
Drew
Mar 17 2010, 12:37 AM
To me, the actors being afraid of Kola's affiliation is something I can absolutely believe. At the time, they were still fresh into the war, alot of her background was mysterious and word was still getting out about all she'd been through and where she stood with her beliefs, and certainly the name OBL would strike fear into most americans after 9/11 in the height of the republican fear machine on "terrorism" (like getting people to make survival kits to survive dirty bombs). As to the phone calls and the who said what, I wasnt there - I cant confirm or deny. But I dont find it totally beyond the realm of reason.

Is Hall a racist? Honestly, I dont know. There's no way I could, Im just a dude that used to watch the show from my couch. I dont know her personally, and I dont count a PR image of someone as a true reflection of their character. But words I'll always live by: there are three sides to every story: your side, their side, and the truth.
DREW,

My honest belief is that these people aren't "racist" IN GENERAL.

And you would have to be "Black" to understand what I'm about
to say in its totality.

Racism has "levels."

Someone who might not mind me being their Nurse, secretary,
school teacher or accountant....might have a serious problem
with me "Writing their daily bread" or marrying their son.

That's the gray area. And because we don't have "Black Headwriters"
in daytime, there was an immediate fear of the unknown.

I've witnessed it myself, so I absolutely agree.
I agree as well. I've had people be fine with me as a good partner on a project or a good friend for their sons, but as soon as dating comes into play I'm not nearly good enough.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

This woman is so rude! LOL. But I have to admit, pretty funny.. lol the stuff she said about Ali and Kristian were so mean. No wonder why shes gone!
Quote Post Goto Top

LadyinRed
Member Avatar

CraneEmpire101
Mar 17 2010, 02:08 PM
This woman is so rude! LOL. But I have to admit, pretty funny.. lol the stuff she said about Ali and Kristian were so mean. No wonder why shes gone!
Hey should could be telling the truth (Kanye Shrug)..although no doubt exaggerated. KA and AS good very well be racist Diva's and I wouldn't exactly put it past Alison, something I attribute to her demeanor. But regardless of what is or isn't true I can tell you all of her comments had me cracking up. If nothing else the woman is creative and should be writing for someone.

Deleted User
Deleted User

LadyinRed
Mar 17 2010, 03:04 PM
CraneEmpire101
Hey should could be telling the truth (Kanye Shrug)..although no doubt exaggerated. KA and AS good very well be racist Diva's and I wouldn't exactly put it past Alison, something I attribute to her demeanor. But regardless of what is or isn't true I can tell you all of her comments had me cracking up. If nothing else the woman is creative and should be writing for someone.
True, but the woman shouldn't be trashing the hard working actors/actresses on the show.. I understand disliking the characters but come on, their realy people like me and you! and I would be scared too if she was involved with Isama binladin..
Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

LadyinRed
But regardless of what is or isn't true I can tell you all of her comments had me cracking up. If nothing else the woman is creative and should be writing for someone.
Exactly what I've been thinking. Thanks for articulating it!

LadyinRed
Member Avatar

CraneEmpire101
Mar 17 2010, 03:06 PM
LadyinRed
CraneEmpire101
True, but the woman shouldn't be trashing the hard working actors/actresses on the show.. I understand disliking the characters but come on, their realy people like me and you! and I would be scared too if she was involved with Isama binladin..
But I think that's the whole point of her saying these things..is so people know the true (or not true) character of these people. We see these beautiful glamorous actresses and I think automatically assume they must be great people that do their jobs and keep on trucking. I do believe that to be true of the good majority, but perhaps Kola wanted to say, "hey it ain't all roses over at Days". But I'll keep saying this..I do believe if anything that most of what she said is EXTREMELY exaggerated...but holds some truth. We'll never truly know.

Clover

IMO, it was extremely unprofessional of her to say the things she did. If anyone was being rude and mean, she was. Two wrongs don't make a right. Remember the old saying. If you can't say anything nice...you shouldn't say anything at all.

JacksonWayne

Clover
Mar 18 2010, 06:33 AM
IMO, it was extremely unprofessional of her to say the things she did. If anyone was being rude and mean, she was. Two wrongs don't make a right. Remember the old saying. If you can't say anything nice...you shouldn't say anything at all.
I SO disagree with you.

These people caused me to lose my job....MY CHILDREN have to eat and wear
clothes just like theirs!!

But of course you think a Black person should be sacrificed so that the "reputation"
of seemingly nice White Actors/Writers can be maintained as a public imaege.

I don't give a damn WHO these people are. If their asses use "race" as a tool
to judge and slander someone (ME)...then their asses can be called on it.

Deidre Hall, Kristian Alfonso and Alison Sweeney are NOT the nicest people if
you want to know the truth. THEY ARE NOT.

And I'm glad I was mean, nasty, belligerent and 100% HONEST about what trifling
two-faced people they really can be.

You're LUCKY I didn't go in on Michelle Stafford's racist spitting self. But I'm sure
many of you secretly admire this behavior as long as it's a White Woman spitting
on Black people and not being fired over it. Yet Black women can be fired just for
demanding to be treated with the same respect and consideration as any other
human being.

If Michelle had spit on me....her ass would be short on one side FOR LIFE.

Nobody owes Deidre, Kristian and Alison any goddmaned apologies. Where I
could say something "nice" about those women---I did that several times.

alphanguy
Member Avatar

JacksonWayne
Mar 19 2010, 10:44 AM
Clover
Mar 18 2010, 06:33 AM
I SO disagree with you.

These people caused me to lose my job....MY CHILDREN have to eat and wear
clothes just like theirs!!

But of course you think a Black person should be sacrificed so that the "reputation"
of seemingly nice White Actors/Writers can be maintained as a public imaege.

I don't give a damn WHO these people are. If their asses use "race" as a tool
to judge and slander someone (ME)...then their asses can be called on it.

Deidre Hall, Kristian Alfonso and Alison Sweeney are NOT the nicest people if
you want to know the truth. THEY ARE NOT.

And I'm glad I was mean, nasty, belligerent and 100% HONEST about what trifling
two-faced people they really can be.

You're LUCKY I didn't go in on Michelle Stafford's racist spitting self. But I'm sure
many of you secretly admire this behavior as long as it's a White Woman spitting
on Black people and not being fired over it. Yet Black women can be fired just for
demanding to be treated with the same respect and consideration as any other
human being.

If Michelle had spit on me....her ass would be short on one side FOR LIFE.

Nobody owes Deidre, Kristian and Alison any goddmaned apologies. Where I
could say something "nice" about those women---I did that several times.

I'm gonna borrow a line form Cleopatra Jones when responding to this post... "Right on, sweet sister!" I love a chick with balls who can stand up for herself.
Edited by alphanguy, Mar 19 2010, 11:27 AM.

dylan76
Member Avatar

I'm glad she had only nice things o say about Farah Fath. I loved her & would have been terribly disappointed to hear she was a bitch. I was never big on Marlena, Hope or Sami so hearing reports of their bad behavior doesn't affect me much.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

The whole spitting thing... Like, absolutely she should have cleared it with VR first. But the scene thats on youtube thats been reported as the infamous "spittake", it actually does work for the scene.

I miss Phyllis vs. Drusilla's rivalry. It was so hillarious.

heartsaver

I was headwriter for Days of our Lives for exactly the same amount of time as Kola Boof. And as for blaming certain actresses for getting her fired, I think the insipid and pathetic storylines she claims to have pitched would have provided plenty of justification for her dismissal. Seriously, had the show actually aired the storylines she discusses on this site, we would not be pondering the future of Days of our Lives. The show would have long been taken off the air. And with good reason.

Edited by heartsaver, Mar 19 2010, 01:14 PM.

Babs Johnson

Kola Boof is making serious allegations re: being fired due to racism and she is naming names-even though she tries to weasel out every so often by saying" But I loved so and so".

People at NBC are being made aware of her nonsense. What will come of it, I don't know. Kola may have gone way too far this time.

BTW, Kola. Think very carefully before U answer. Are you 100% positive that it was your race and your supposed asignation with "Somi" that got U fired and not you're god awful fan fic? Just asking.

High five Heartsaver.
Edited by Babs Johnson, Mar 19 2010, 01:27 PM.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Some people just refuse to believe anything negative about their Gods. They see them at a fan event a few times and think they know them like their own bff. It's quite sad actually that people are so obsessed. At fan events Ali Sweeney is sweet a pie and cute as a mouse's pocket book, when in reality, she's a mega bitch. Most actors are nothing like their public personality.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

LOL. I love this.

So now we have two Days writers? Who is Heartsaver?

JacksonWayne

dylan76
Mar 19 2010, 11:29 AM
I'm glad she had only nice things o say about Farah Fath. I loved her & would have been terribly disappointed to hear she was a bitch. I was never big on Marlena, Hope or Sami so hearing reports of their bad behavior doesn't affect me much.
No, as I pointed out...even Deidre, Kristian and Alison have their "GOOD" sides.
They aren't totally bad people at all. I loved them and still have love for them.

But I don't owe them any loyalty after the way I was treated.

And it's not my obligation to "pretend" they didn't do the things they did.

One thing I know...they better not fuck with me now.

I'm RICH ENOUGH and BITCH ENOUGH to go toe to toe with anything they
deal out!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I deleted a couple posts because they broke the DR's rule about attacking other members.

six
Member Avatar

Drew
Mar 19 2010, 02:32 PM
LOL. I love this.

So now we have two Days writers? Who is Heartsaver?
I thought heartsaver was being sarcastic.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

WOW~~

aimees76
Member Avatar

I don't know about anyone else, but I would never take credit for creating EJ ... lol ... just sayin' ... :P

... relax, just throwing a joke in there ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply