Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Since We talking Days & Racism Renee Jones is..
Topic Started: Mar 16 2010, 03:56 PM (3,349 Views)
tatsw1

Renee Jones is by far the series Best Actress who gets treated like she's a day player. When she had the 3 year run during famous Baby Switch storyline she and her co-star James Reynolds and even Tanya Boyd were acting their asses off. Renee proved to have the best and most widest range of any actress on that series. She made Actors like Alison Sweeney, Kristen Alfonso, and D. Hall look like Molly Burnett. Need a refreshing see here: Lexie Carver Chronicles

And I mean it. Even when Zack died Renee made you feel the loss of the child as KA can't cry to save her life and yet she is given 5 days a week of work. How KA ever gets an Emmy Pre-nom always befuddles me. As for ex bitchy Diva D. Hall The only time she was good was when she was Mar-Devil other than that she was a very uninteresting character and I'm happy the ratings went up when she her bad acting co-star Drake left with her.
Edited by tatsw1, Mar 16 2010, 03:57 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I agree Jones is great and IMO should have been a lead. I like Abe but the pairing was a poor match and it saddled the character of Lexie. Lexie has been under used for years. It is sad.

I think KA is a great actress too though. I have always been a Hope fan. I also like Dee, but lost my liking for Marlena when she lost her spunk and became so pious.

tatsw1

Dragonish1
Mar 16 2010, 04:00 PM
I agree Jones is great and IMO should have been a lead. I like Abe but the pairing was a poor match and it saddled the character of Lexie. Lexie has been under used for years. It is sad.

I think KA is a great actress too though. I have always been a Hope fan. I also like Dee, but lost my liking for Marlena when she lost her spunk and became so pious.
Right....I loved Lexie with Brandon and it would have been great to have her go back to being bad. And have Abe hook up with Faye and have Lexie do all sorts of evil things.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Renee Jones and James Reynolds are both great actors, Renee's my favorite. But as a couple they don't work, and TPTB refuse the break up the token black couple.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

tatsw1
Mar 16 2010, 04:06 PM
Dragonish1
Mar 16 2010, 04:00 PM

Right....I loved Lexie with Brandon and it would have been great to have her go back to being bad. And have Abe hook up with Faye and have Lexie do all sorts of evil things.
I really felt Abe should have ended up with Faye. It would have cemented the Walker family too. Instead Faye became a nut and both Brandon and Faye ended up written off as was Nicole. Even now that Nicole is back she doesn't seem grounded.

Lexie is much more interesting as a grey character then a goody goody. Frankly, the goody goodys bore me to tears. They are so predictable that there are few things for them to carry in the long run.
Edited by Red Mist, Mar 16 2010, 04:11 PM.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

I think Renee Jones is the best looking actress on DAYS too, we definitely see too little of her and she and Abe definitely need to break up and she needs someone hotter to compliment her.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Mar 16 2010, 04:07 PM
Renee Jones and James Reynolds are both great actors, Renee's my favorite. But as a couple they don't work, and TPTB refuse the break up the token black couple.
It really does seem like they were trying to match these two characters like one matches their shoes to their handbag. It does not reflect America in the modern age at all imo.

tatsw1

Dragonish1
Mar 16 2010, 04:13 PM
Sindacco
Mar 16 2010, 04:07 PM
It really does seem like they were trying to match these two characters like one matches their shoes to their handbag. It does not reflect America in the modern age at all imo.
Yes when new viewers come they always think Abe is her father. I think Celeste should come back engaged and realized that she is still married to Stefano which would invalidate his marriage to Kate (they never ever said Stefano and Celeste were married, but u can always write that in).

I also thought another good storyline Idea would be to have Lexie have a troubled teenage cousin come to town to stay with them in hopes of reforming him. But he continues to get into trouble and Bo accidently shoots hims and Lexie seeks revenge because her husband won't do it and the Salem PD stick up for one another. This could cause her to turn bad again, destroy her marriage to Abe, and give Stefano a new vessel in-which to enact his plans. Stefano could then groom Lexie to run the Dimera empire which would cause friction between she and her brother EJ. Celeste would return to try and save her daughter and would seek to pretend to re-fall in love with Stefano in hopes of convincing him to get Lexie out of the Dimera organization.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I also agree that Renee is a great actress. Its a shame she doesn't get a storyline and more air time on Days.

Keith
Member Avatar

Celeste and Stefano were never married and their relationship never belied a marriage, IMO. Even when Celeste was enamored of Stefano, she never considered letting him raise Lexie, so I doubt she would have married him, either.

I wouldn't seeing a troublemaking relative (preferably non-DiMera) come to town and cause problems for Abe and Lexie, like you described.

Livie

I miss Lexie and the Tek hook ups on the tables.

dylan76
Member Avatar

I love Renee & I really enjoyed naughty Lexie. Any episode with Lexie is a good one. Why do we see her so seldom and molly burnett & arianne zuker so excessively? Renee puts them to shame.

Ana75
Member Avatar

dylan76
Mar 16 2010, 09:51 PM
I love Renee & I really enjoyed naughty Lexie. Any episode with Lexie is a good one. Why do we see her so seldom and molly burnett & arianne zuker so excessively? Renee puts them to shame.
:hail:

I like Molly but seeing her so much makes my head hurt and now with Ari back I will not doubt that she will be on constantly. Just give Renee more a juicy storyline and let her go with it because the girl can act.

cassie1013

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Renee Jones is severely underused. An immense talent, engaging performer, and hot, too, but yet they shove her aside. They are even reluctant to acknowledge her as a member of the DiMera family.

It's absolutely ridiculous, IMO. The Abe story should have been finito a long ass time ago, yet, clearly the show is afraid to get rid of their token black couple. News flash: DAYS, you are not Y&R. I don't think anyone cares, as long as there's SOME diversity. I don't care about seeing a black person with a black person, and in case ya'll forgot, LEXIE IS HALF WHITE!

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

tatsw1
Mar 16 2010, 03:56 PM
Renee Jones is by far the series Best Actress who gets treated like she's a day player. When she had the 3 year run during famous Baby Switch storyline she and her co-star James Reynolds and even Tanya Boyd were acting their asses off. Renee proved to have the best and most widest range of any actress on that series. She made Actors like Alison Sweeney, Kristen Alfonso, and D. Hall look like Molly Burnett. Need a refreshing see here: Lexie Carver Chronicles

And I mean it. Even when Zack died Renee made you feel the loss of the child as KA can't cry to save her life and yet she is given 5 days a week of work. How KA ever gets an Emmy Pre-nom always befuddles me. As for ex bitchy Diva D. Hall The only time she was good was when she was Mar-Devil other than that she was a very uninteresting character and I'm happy the ratings went up when she her bad acting co-star Drake left with her.
:hail:

I just adore Renee Jones/Lexie Carver. I hate that the writers just ignore her.

dylan76
Member Avatar

According to Renee herself though, she is enjoying the downtime. She makes an appearance here or there & has a lot of free time for her personal life while she stays on contract. Not a bad gig. Sucks for us fans though.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Heck, I care about seeing black people with black people. Look at tv now you would think black families don't exist.

I think Abe and Lexie could work like Blake and Ross worked on GL, but it's not usually played that way. Lexie should be the bad girl with Abe being her grounding force. She gives him a sexy feel. He gives her class.

But then that would require us actually seeing them on air. In storyline.

Can I add, Renee is an actor. No matter how much she likes the downtime, actors want to act. Not just earn a paycheck.
Edited by Aliaron, Mar 17 2010, 02:49 AM.

six
Member Avatar

I agree, she is severely underused, and even Abe could be interesting if they'd give him a story with some layers. As someone else said, he was good with Faye. When they started bringing on all the random teens, I wanted them to bring back Ben Reardon to live with Abe and Lexie, and give them more of a story. At least Ben was born on the show, and has connections to Salem, without being related to everyone instead of some of the kids we have now. There are so many natural times to use Lexie, like throughout Sydney's whole kidnapping, but they're just wasting her. It's sad.

LadyinRed
Member Avatar

hopebo
Mar 16 2010, 04:12 PM
I think Renee Jones is the best looking actress on DAYS too, we definitely see too little of her and she and Abe definitely need to break up and she needs someone hotter to compliment her.
Completely agree. Renee is absolutely stunning and is light-years above KA and AS in looks. Her and Abe definitely don't work..sorry no chemistry. But I think TPTB are too afraid, as someone already mentioned, to break up the token black couple and go through putting Renee with someone that she actually has chemistry with. Although they have more options than most as Lexie clearly isn't related to many on the show ;)

cassie1013

LadyinRed
Mar 17 2010, 01:25 PM
hopebo
Mar 16 2010, 04:12 PM
Completely agree. Renee is absolutely stunning and is light-years above KA and AS in looks. Her and Abe definitely don't work..sorry no chemistry. But I think TPTB are too afraid, as someone already mentioned, to break up the token black couple and go through putting Renee with someone that she actually has chemistry with. Although they have more options than most as Lexie clearly isn't related to many on the show ;)
Well, they're obviously conflicted, since Lexie always seems to be cheating all over town, LOL. But there's only so many times you can do that. Abe looked pathetic after the Tek scenario.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply