Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Since We talking Days & Racism Renee Jones is..
Topic Started: Mar 16 2010, 03:56 PM (3,350 Views)
Red Mist
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Mar 17 2010, 02:09 PM
LadyinRed
Mar 17 2010, 01:25 PM
hopebo
Mar 16 2010, 04:12 PM
I think Renee Jones is the best looking actress on DAYS too, we definitely see too little of her and she and Abe definitely need to break up and she needs someone hotter to compliment her.
Completely agree. Renee is absolutely stunning and is light-years above KA and AS in looks. Her and Abe definitely don't work..sorry no chemistry. But I think TPTB are too afraid, as someone already mentioned, to break up the token black couple and go through putting Renee with someone that she actually has chemistry with. Although they have more options than most as Lexie clearly isn't related to many on the show ;)
Well, they're obviously conflicted, since Lexie always seems to be cheating all over town, LOL. But there's only so many times you can do that. Abe looked pathetic after the Tek scenario.
That time period was so sad for Abe...Geeze, he went blind, his dick quit working and his wife was screwing a younger man on every table in Salem. Bonkers.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

amemJJ

All i will say is that Deidre Hall made Days of our Lives what it is...The only reason DOOL won so many awards in the 90's was because of Deidre Dall...She's the best actress DOOL ever had and the reason the show sucks so bad is because of the shitty writers and Ken Corday firing Deidre and Drake..If it wasn't for Hall, DOOL would of never lasted in the 90's nor in 2003-2004..She won many viewers back with the Salem Stalker Story Line...If it wasn't for Hall and James Reily, DOOL would of been gone....SHE WAS DOOL...The heart and soul of it.............

valerie

i think days is a very racist soap reene jones and james are very good actors but in the population they would push a african american aside for a white couple. Alsion sweeney is not even that good of an actress all she does in cry and pout so why is she the lead. same for kristan alfono is racism renee is beautiful is she the best actress on days so it's not fair at all.

valerie

LadyinRed
Member Avatar

I wouldn't say that Days is COMPLETELY racist..I mean the fact that they have African-American actors and actress' at all proves that. But obviously..they could do better. Renee needs to be given a storyline with true substance (preferably away from James) and I know she would do a fantastic job! You do what you can with what you have...and right now she is being given squat and I still notice her.

lysie
Member Avatar

I wish they'd give Renee more to do, too. I also wish they'd make up their mind about whether she's good or bad - loyal to Stefano or to her friends or more in the middle. They seem to be wanting her to be in the middle, but they don't give her enough focus to make it make sense.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

amemJJ
Mar 17 2010, 02:48 PM
All i will say is that Deidre Hall made Days of our Lives what it is...The only reason DOOL won so many awards in the 90's was because of Deidre Dall...She's the best actress DOOL ever had and the reason the show sucks so bad is because of the shitty writers and Ken Corday firing Deidre and Drake..If it wasn't for Hall, DOOL would of never lasted in the 90's nor in 2003-2004..She won many viewers back with the Salem Stalker Story Line...If it wasn't for Hall and James Reily, DOOL would of been gone....SHE WAS DOOL...The heart and soul of it.............
I like Deidre and Marlena but she most certainly did not make Days. No actor or character make the show.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fryday
Member Avatar

Dee was the reason I started watching the show back in the 80s, so I do consider myself a fan, but if there was any one character that was the heart and soul of this show, it was Alice. And even still, the show continued on without her. As to Dee being the best actress the show ever had, uh yeh, I can think of several right off the top of my head that were/are better actresses. Dee had a lot of charm and charisma on screen, but she's hardly the best actress this show has ever had.

As to Renee, they seriously need to cut her loose from James. Being tied to Abe is definitely holding her back. Abe is dull as dirt. He makes Rafe look like Mr. Excitement. She has too much talent to be relegated to the back burner with him.

lysie
Member Avatar

darraholic
Mar 17 2010, 08:37 PM
amemJJ
I like Deidre and Marlena but she most certainly did not make Days. No actor or character make the show.
ICAM.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Livie
Mar 16 2010, 09:49 PM
I miss Lexie and the Tek hook ups on the tables.
Me too. I LOVED Tek and Lexie! :wub: I love Lexie and I like Abe at times but Abe & Lexie together suck. But DAYS is not going to break up the token black couple let alone give them a story line. So frustrating. Renee is so beautiful and really talented.
Edited by ScorpioQueen, Mar 18 2010, 04:03 AM.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Its truly sad,she does not have a story.She is a Dimera for pete's sake.Give her something to do...and Renee is amazing,,and so talented and beautiful~

Karnythia
Member Avatar

They don't have to pair her with a white guy to give her a front burner story. In fact they could up the diversity and bring in more characters of color or use the ones they have in better storylines. Abe can be interesting when given something well written, but that Mayor storyline was awful and really most of what they've written for Abe & Lexie over the years has been of a similar half-hearted nature. Bring back Celeste, let Lexie and Abe mix it up with the Hernandez family, bring on more young POC for the teen scene instead of Gabbi being the lone speck of color all the time. OLTL, AMC, and Y&R all manage to have diversity and decent storylines so DOOL has no excuse.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I thought the Mayor storyline was good, the problem was that they dropped it so quickly.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Karnythia
Mar 20 2010, 03:09 PM
They don't have to pair her with a white guy to give her a front burner story. In fact they could up the diversity and bring in more characters of color or use the ones they have in better storylines. Abe can be interesting when given something well written, but that Mayor storyline was awful and really most of what they've written for Abe & Lexie over the years has been of a similar half-hearted nature. Bring back Celeste, let Lexie and Abe mix it up with the Hernandez family, bring on more young POC for the teen scene instead of Gabbi being the lone speck of color all the time.
I agree. I don't even know if I can call Abe being elected mayor a "story," since I really don't remember it being developed very much and really, no consequences came of Stefano apparently being behind the mayor's murder. Surely that should have affected Abe and Lexie beyond the actual election, but of course the mayor being killed was only to provide a cover for Sami's pregnancy and set up Safe.

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

darraholic
Mar 17 2010, 08:37 PM
amemJJ
Actually, I have always believed that Alice Horton made Days of our lives what it is. She had so much spunk, I loved her. (RIP Frances Reid)

Later though, throughout the 80's and the early 2000's, Marlena was one of the best characters on the show. But that all changed once JERK came back into the show and ruined everything.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply