Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Charles Shaughnessy (Shane Donovan) Returns for Short Run; Courtesy of TV Guide Magazine
Topic Started: Mar 17 2010, 12:12 PM (6,469 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

Charles Shaughnessy Returns to Days of Our Lives
by Michael Logan March 17, 2010 12:59 PM EST

Shane comes back! Charles Shaughnessy is returning to Days of Our Lives for a multi-episode arc in the role that made him an ’80s sensation—suave ISA agent Shane Donovan. The British actor is best remembered by prime-timers as Fran Drescher’s boss and eventual hubby on The Nanny, and he later played Drescher’s jerky ex on her follow-up sitcom Living With Fran. Most recently, he had a terrific guest stint on Mad Men as sneaky Saint John Powell, director of the U.K. ad agency that bought out Sterling Cooper.

An NBC rep says Shaughnessy—who briefly returned to Days in 2002—will appear on the soap for 10 or so episodes, though that might expand. He starts taping the week of March 22 and begins airing in a couple of months. Look for plot details and an interview with Shaughnessy in an upcoming issue of TV Guide Magazine.

Source: TV Guide Magazine
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

OhpleasebringbackPatsyPeaseatthesametimebecauseKimberlyandShanebelongtogether. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

We're getting all these returns, but no mention of Alice stuff yet. Interesting.

Keith
Member Avatar

Yes! Love him. He's one of the few absent characters who has been consistently mentioned over the years, thanks to his involvement in the ISA. I wonder if this will have any connection to Alice? Can Kimberly be far behind? Patsy certainly likes to come back for short stints.

lene
Member Avatar

YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oooomfg! :D

Kenny
Member Avatar

Great news! I love Charles Shaughnessy. Maybe they'll recast Kim with Fran Drescher, LoL.

Keith
Member Avatar

Kenny
Mar 17 2010, 12:18 PM
Great news! I love Charles Shaughnessy. Maybe they'll recast Kim with Fran Drescher, LoL.
Blasphemy! I doubt Days can afford FD anyway, lol

Sindacco
Member Avatar

OMG, YES :D

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I love his accent!

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Bring the actor who played Niles in as Vivian's new sidekick!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Mar 17 2010, 12:27 PM
Bring the actor who played Niles in as Vivian's new sidekick!
YES!

Criss33
Member Avatar

I loved him and Kimberly!!! I hope she comes back, most likely she will return cause didn't she come back for her dad's Funeral (on the show)!!!
Wonder what his storyline will be??

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

:cheer: :cheer: :wub: :dance:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

:wub: :cheer: I just love his accent!!

HJBJDJ

Cool!
Since the fall I have taken to You Tube and watching ALL the old Days clips I can find in chronological order starting with the first episode, and then Doug and Julie's first wedding, and Don and Marlena to the Salem Stalker, and on and on. Lot's of stuff I didn't see the first time around being in school. And a lot of stuff about characters I didn't remember being only about 10. lol

I just got done with the whole Cartel, Miami story in which Shane was heavily featured. Right now I am at January 1986, Patch has just taken in the still bandaged Pawn.

Anyway, I've been lovin' seeing Shane again on You Tube so it will be great to see him back in Salem in a couple months time. :D

donna415
Member Avatar

well, i am wondering how they can pay him since they are so broke and what about Alice? are they not going to do anything for her?

HJBJDJ

donna415
Mar 17 2010, 12:51 PM
well, i am wondering how they can pay him since they are so broke and what about Alice? are they not going to do anything for her?
I think Shane coming back for 10 or so episodes can also tie in with Alice. While he's in town he can go visit with her, reminise about her to others. Same can be said with Calliopi, even if she comes back with something to do with Anna she can still veer off into having a connection to the Alice story that is to come.

I think it would be more realistic for some of the people to be in town for other reasons and then while knowing Alice is ill go visit her than everyone who was ever in Salem all decide to come to Salem solely to say good bye to Alice.

Keith
Member Avatar

I somehow doubt the show is broke, considering their plans to bring back a bunch of folks for Alice's memorial over the course of several months. Not to mention their more consistent ratings have no doubt helped balance the absence of contracts of vets like Dee, Drake, Stephen, and Mary Beth.

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't get the feeling that they're doing the Alice stuff yet. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

How cool is that? I like that Days is bringing back favorites from the past for short runs, it's very GH like.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply