Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Charles Shaughnessy (Shane Donovan) Returns for Short Run; Courtesy of TV Guide Magazine
Topic Started: Mar 17 2010, 12:12 PM (6,474 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Oh wow! I didn't see this before I repsonded in the Alice's funeral thread. He's coming back for an actual story? And his stay could expand?! Awesome news! I remember hearing something about him never wanting to return to the show after his return in 2002, but I'm glad to see that has since changed. I can't wait to see him back and I'm looking forward to what his return is about.

Hey, what if Shane is involved in Hope's upcoming big storyline? That would be awesome. The two share history. Didn't Shane first interact with Hope when he first started on the show?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

DrewHamilton
Mar 17 2010, 01:35 PM
Oh wow! I didn't see this before I repsonded in the Alice's funeral thread. He's coming back for an actual story? And his stay could expand?! Awesome news! I remember hearing something about him never wanting to return to the show after his return in 2002, but I'm glad to see that has since changed. I can't wait to see him back and I'm looking forward to what his return is about.

Hey, what if Shane is involved in Hope's upcoming big storyline? That would be awesome. The two share history. Didn't Shane first interact with Hope when he first started on the show?
Yes, Shane was Hope & Larry Welch's butler during their brief marriage until it was revealed he was Roman's ISA contact who was spying on Larry.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 17 2010, 01:40 PM
DrewHamilton
Mar 17 2010, 01:35 PM

Yes, Shane was Hope & Larry Welch's butler during their brief marriage until it was revealed he was Roman's ISA contact who was spying on Larry.
Hmm... Did Shaughnessy and Kristian Alfonso share any chemistry? If things aren't going to go anywhere between Justin and Hope, which they shouldn't now, maybe we can try Shane and Hope.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I keep seeing references to an upcoming "big story" for Hope, but what is the source of this information? Has it been previewed by Corday or someone and I've just forgotten? So far I can't see any groundwork being laid for Hope having a big story. It's not that I mind if she does, I just don't know anything about it.

I would love it if Shane was back for a longer stay. I'm really curious about what he'll be doing.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

So if this a 10 episode stint, then I bet hes going to interact with Mr superskills the Rafester...LOL

That is totally something THIS DAYS would do!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Paxton
Mar 17 2010, 01:45 PM
I keep seeing references to an upcoming "big story" for Hope, but what is the source of this information? Has it been previewed by Corday or someone and I've just forgotten? So far I can't see any groundwork being laid for Hope having a big story. It's not that I mind if she does, I just don't know anything about it.

I would love it if Shane was back for a longer stay. I'm really curious about what he'll be doing.
Yes. Back in the spring previews, Corday mentioned that Hope would be involved in a "big storyline of her own."

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Paxton

Corday was the one who mentioned a big story for Hope. He said this during the SOD February preview. Corday said the Bo/Hope/Carly story would lead into a big story for Hope in the spring.

Keith
Member Avatar

The big story for Hope, as well as the movement from Bo/Carly to Daniel/Carly makes me think Reckell's time off was more planned than we all think.

I hope Shane does more than aid Rafe, but I'm not sure I want to see a Hope/Shane pairing.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Keith
Mar 17 2010, 01:51 PM
The big story for Hope, as well as the movement from Bo/Carly to Daniel/Carly makes me think Reckell's time off was more planned than we all think.

I hope Shane does more than aid Rafe, but I'm not sure I want to see a Hope/Shane pairing.
I definitely don't want a Hope/Shane pairing. I still remember the fiasco that was Kim/Shane/Kayla. *shudder*

Keith
Member Avatar

Precisely, Matt. If Kim is around Shane at all during this go around, I'd rather get lip service for Kim/Shane fans than have further character destruction. It's bad enough that Justin has been getting into Hope. Never made sense to me, lol.

Deleted User
Deleted User

They should just say Shane and Kim have reunited. It's not like they're ever going to do so onscreen.
Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

I'm all for that, Amello.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

dc cubs
Mar 17 2010, 01:48 PM
Corday was the one who mentioned a big story for Hope. He said this during the SOD February preview. Corday said the Bo/Hope/Carly story would lead into a big story for Hope in the spring.
Oh, thank you. I didn't remember that. I still say I don't know what he's talking about yet, lol, since so far I don't see any build to a big story with Hope. And with PR being gone for two months I don't get how this will work if the catalyst for Hope's story is the Bo/Hope/Carly story.

Count me in as against a Hope/Shane pairing too, though with my luck he'll come to town and instantly fall for Melanie.

cassie1013

Matt
Mar 17 2010, 12:14 PM
OhpleasebringbackPatsyPeaseatthesametimebecauseKimberlyandShanebelongtogether. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Steve and Kayla were such a flop, though.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Awesome! :)

Ewwwwww to Hope/Shane. No thanks. That ranks right up there with Shane/Kayla. Yuck!

I still prefer seeing Justin/Hope- I know I'm in the minority on that one lol.
Edited by Mirage75, Mar 17 2010, 02:28 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Well, looks like Patsy Pease (Kim) IS returning after all, but for the Alice tribute. Hopefully they reunite Kim and Shane but I won't hold my breath. Who knows if they'll even be on at the same time. If they are, again, who even knows if they'll share a damn scene LOL.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Ally
Mar 17 2010, 12:26 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I love his accent!
No kidding! Move over James Scott! This dude brought they accent way before you showed up! And was just as hot in his day!
Love this news! Loved Shane Donovan! I hope they do him justice!

Is it too much to ask that they will be axing a few teens so they can afford these guys?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
So if this a 10 episode stint, then I bet hes going to interact with Mr superskills the Rafester...LOL

That is totally something THIS DAYS would do!
I know you're joking but I doubt Charles would come back for that. If he was unhappy with his return in 2002 he would probably be even more so with this if it was all about Rafel.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

This is so exciting!

Hopefully he sticks around for a longer run. All these latest DAYS returns are fabulous!

robolynn

Another one here who loves Charles Shaughnessy - this is great news - hope that they're smart enough to keep him around!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply