Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Charles Shaughnessy (Shane Donovan) Returns for Short Run; Courtesy of TV Guide Magazine
Topic Started: Mar 17 2010, 12:12 PM (6,527 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Alligato
Mar 17 2010, 03:38 PM
Ally
Mar 17 2010, 12:26 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I love his accent!
No kidding! Move over James Scott! This dude brought they accent way before you showed up! And was just as hot in his day!
Love this news! Loved Shane Donovan! I hope they do him justice!

Is it too much to ask that they will be axing a few teens so they can afford these guys?
WOO HOO!!! :cheer:

Love me some Shane Donovan!! (could the accent be come kind of pattern with me?? :huh1: )

Total awsomeness would be EJ and Shane in scenes together!!! :dance: Double accent!!! :applause:

Can't wait!! :wub2:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm so excited about this. I love him and Kim and I can hope now that maybe she will stay longer too given there is a chance he might.

I always thought he would come back if the material was suitable. I think he felt his story in 2002 would be a bit more then it ended up being.

I wonder what brings him back. I know he will be a part of the Alice stuff too but, obviously, he's going to be involved in something else. Maybe this has to do with Calliope's return too.

dylan76
Member Avatar

Eh, it's nice seeing a character from the past, but Shane was always boring to me. Now his daughter Eve... she was entertaining. She's the hot blonde bitch Sami wishes she could be. And Charlotte Ross is a kick ass actress.

Dr. Chip

I love Patsy Pease, but I wonder how she will be received on set after trashing her castmates during her We Love Soaps interview last year.
Edited by Dr. Chip, Mar 17 2010, 05:57 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Dr. Chip
Mar 17 2010, 05:57 PM
I love Patsy Pease, but I wonder how she will be received on set after trashing her castmates during her We Love Soaps interview last year.
To be honest, I'm not sure many of them even no about that and she didn't really name names so I don't expect that to make much difference. For all we know, some of those people are not even on the show anymore.

AlisonLou

Shane's return could be about Bo. Days do tape in advance. His return could coincide with bo's return. Maybe something happens to Bo and he has to work with Hope to find Bo. If Lawrence is alive maybe he will be apart of sniffing him out. Or maybe Shane is going to tell Hope the truth about what has really been going on with Bo.
I think Bo has been working undercover. Shane probably knows about this and he will tell Hope about it.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Mar 17 2010, 12:27 PM
Bring the actor who played Niles in as Vivian's new sidekick!
Now I would start watching this show again if that happened lmao!

mer4santo
Member Avatar

OMG.....my very first soap opera crush, back in the flesh of Shane Donovan! I hope CS works on that fro prior to his scenes!

Cecily Smythe
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Mar 17 2010, 01:42 PM
Matt
Mar 17 2010, 01:40 PM
DrewHamilton
Mar 17 2010, 01:35 PM
Oh wow! I didn't see this before I repsonded in the Alice's funeral thread. He's coming back for an actual story? And his stay could expand?! Awesome news! I remember hearing something about him never wanting to return to the show after his return in 2002, but I'm glad to see that has since changed. I can't wait to see him back and I'm looking forward to what his return is about.

Hey, what if Shane is involved in Hope's upcoming big storyline? That would be awesome. The two share history. Didn't Shane first interact with Hope when he first started on the show?
Yes, Shane was Hope & Larry Welch's butler during their brief marriage until it was revealed he was Roman's ISA contact who was spying on Larry.
Hmm... Did Shaughnessy and Kristian Alfonso share any chemistry? If things aren't going to go anywhere between Justin and Hope, which they shouldn't now, maybe we can try Shane and Hope.
Shane & Hope did have great chemistry, and adored each other, but it wasn't romantic, in the least! It was very much a sweet older-bro/younger-sis type chemistry. Hope was a big cheerleader of the Kim/Shane romance. She was always trying to cheer Shane up and/or get him to talk about his feelings, and patch things up with Kimberly, when they were on the outs.

True story. I met Kristian several years ago (during a period when I wasn't watching the show) in a casual/everyday setting. (not a soap event, or anything). We started chatting, and I told her I was as a huge Days fan during the 80s, and we struck up a very nice conversation about how great the show was back then. And sorta without thinking, I gushed at her, "Kim & Shane were my favorites!" Not wanting to slight her or anything, I added quickly, "No offense! I loved Bo & Hope, too, it's just that Kim & Shane were my 'THING." She chuckled, sorta waving me off: "None taken! Kim & Shane were awesome! I loved their story!" (she really used the word "awesome").

I was relieved, and more than a little giddy to hear this, and commented that I'd had a huge crush on Charles Shaughnessy.....to which she replied, with a smirk & raised eyebrow, "Join the club!" She admitted, quite freely, that she also had a big crush on Charles Shaughnessy....as did every female castmember, at some point. She mused, sighing, "He was just SO DREAMY.....and still is!"

I commented that my absolute favorite period of the show was about 83-86, when Kim, Shane, Bo & Hope were sort of the "Four Musketeers," joined at the hip -- with the Three Prisms s/l, and the adventures in England, Miami, "West Virginia" (Kern Co., CA), etc. She agreed, and said those were her favorite years working on the show, as well -- she had a blast doing all those location shoots with them, etc.

Anyway, it was just about the greatest conversation I've ever had with a soap-actor.....because, KA, whatever I've heard about her before, or since, really came off as a FAN. Maybe it was because I *wasn't* gushing at her about Bo & Hope....I don't know....but I DO know that she had a thing for Charles Shaughessy! LOL

So, I am absolutely looking forward to any scenes with Shane & Hope! As long as it remains in the vein of a platonic/brotherly-sisterly thing........

P.S. I think you can definitely see KA's crush in these scenes.......watch Shane & Hope dancing on the sidelines. KA looks positively GIDDY. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBgChVV0M98

Ana75
Member Avatar

YES!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

awesome! - I never see him on days but i am sure that i will love him on Days. Thanks for posting

King
Member Avatar

Loving all this DAYS news.

It's great to come home to!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Interesting return. I just wonder how this will work out because I think of him having more to do with Steve and John and they are both gone now.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

*sigh*. I will agree with those who commented on his accent. THAT, my friends, is a cool, sexy British accent. And the man can do drama AND comedy AND an American accent (from his guest spot on L&O SVU). I think those who have patience during this dry spell are going to be amply rewarded!

samixxx
Member Avatar

This is awesome, I love me some Shane and Charles.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

LOVE it..heard he might be in the Bope/Carly story..I hope so

annie
Member Avatar

have waited so long for his return, love this guy, so sexy and classy.Posted Image

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

mer4santo
Mar 17 2010, 07:39 PM
OMG.....my very first soap opera crush, back in the flesh of Shane Donovan! I hope CS works on that fro prior to his scenes!
You must have a thing for accents... :P

Zippie
Member Avatar

I hope he is coming back for the Bo storyline. I hope Bo's part evolves into something more than a punching bag for Hope and a crutch for Carly. Hooray! This should be interesting.

cages

I hope he is returning because the ISA is investigating drug activity orginating in Salem.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply