Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Charles Shaughnessy (Shane Donovan) Returns for Short Run; Courtesy of TV Guide Magazine
Topic Started: Mar 17 2010, 12:12 PM (6,549 Views)
annie
Member Avatar

cages
Mar 28 2010, 01:41 PM
I hope he is returning because the ISA is investigating drug activity orginating in Salem.
that might be exciting
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zippie
Member Avatar

cages
Mar 28 2010, 01:41 PM
I hope he is returning because the ISA is investigating drug activity orginating in Salem.
I never thought about that angle! That is a good idea. EJ needs a job, maybe he will assume the position of Salem Drug Lord and I wonder if Victor is still involved?

mer4santo
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Mar 27 2010, 07:40 PM
mer4santo
Mar 17 2010, 07:39 PM
OMG.....my very first soap opera crush, back in the flesh of Shane Donovan! I hope CS works on that fro prior to his scenes!
You must have a thing for accents... :P
I blame my ancestors for ever leaving that island!

Connor Murphy
Member Avatar

This is exciting news! I can't wait for his return. I wish it was much longer! Thanks for the heads up!

jackie1133

I loved Shane/Kim and Justin/Adrienne back in the day. I want all 4 actors to stay a while.. :D

LovingDays

According to Charles Shaughnessy's tweets, they are filming Kim and Shane scenes now!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Apr 23 2010, 01:11 AM
According to Charles Shaughnessy's tweets, they are filming Kim and Shane scenes now!
Now that is something to get excited about. When was the last time they shared scenes together?

AlisonLou

Definately! I'm looking forward to seeing all these scenes!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

LovingDays
I can't wait!

There are all kinds of rumors that the show will reunite them since this is the first time they could get them both together since 1992. That would be awesome.

They should find a way to keep them both on recurring.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 23 2010, 01:31 AM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

PR, do you really think the show would bring both actors back NOT to reunite Kim and Shane?

I mean DAYS fucks up a lot but something like that? :lol:

Btw, how many kids do Kim and Shane have out there that have never popped up in town?

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Kim and Shane have 2 together - Jeannie & Andrew (cant remember who is older). Shane also has Eve from an earlier fling (shes like old school Sami Brady from what I recall). When Kim left for LA she was involved with Richard Burgi's character (I forgot his name lol) - not sure if they had kids. Ok, maybe someone can fill in the blanks - brain is mush

Keith
Member Avatar

Andrew should be about Shawn's age and Jeannie, Stephanie's. I'm very excited to hear DAYS appears not to screw up the chance to at least have these two great characters cross paths again. My Shane/Kimberly shipping heart fluttered like a butterfly on speed when I read that they were filming!

CapeSafe

LovingDays
Remembering the Days of Kimberly and Shane... :makeout: Hopefully they won't screw this up like they Sami and Rafe by adding the EJ crap

KMan101
Member Avatar

YAY! So glad they are filming Shane and Kim scenes. They're definitely going to be reunited. Probably the death of Alice and Kim's health crisis will push them back together.

CapeSafe

dc cubs
Mar 17 2010, 12:12 PM
Charles Shaughnessy Returns to Days of Our Lives
by Michael Logan March 17, 2010 12:59 PM EST

Shane comes back! Charles Shaughnessy is returning to Days of Our Lives for a multi-episode arc in the role that made him an ’80s sensation—suave ISA agent Shane Donovan. The British actor is best remembered by prime-timers as Fran Drescher’s boss and eventual hubby on The Nanny, and he later played Drescher’s jerky ex on her follow-up sitcom Living With Fran. Most recently, he had a terrific guest stint on Mad Men as sneaky Saint John Powell, director of the U.K. ad agency that bought out Sterling Cooper.

An NBC rep says Shaughnessy—who briefly returned to Days in 2002—will appear on the soap for 10 or so episodes, though that might expand. He starts taping the week of March 22 and begins airing in a couple of months. Look for plot details and an interview with Shaughnessy in an upcoming issue of TV Guide Magazine.

Source: TV Guide Magazine
Has anyone seen ar airdate for Charles....My guess it is in May...There are rumors that he could be Rafe's cellmate in South AMerica...

darraholic
Member Avatar

I'd love to see Shane & Kimberly reunite. It's kind of sad they didn't get their happy ending.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Apr 23 2010, 01:54 AM
PR, do you really think the show would bring both actors back NOT to reunite Kim and Shane?

I mean DAYS fucks up a lot but something like that? :lol:

Btw, how many kids do Kim and Shane have out there that have never popped up in town?
Uh...yes LOL. Let's remember this isn't the supercouple show anymore and I'm not so sure the show would reunite them right now if it didn't work for a story but who knows. They may see this as a way of sending them off into the sunset and pleasing some fans. Not saying I don't think it's possible but I wouldn't think it a slam dunk despite them finally working together again for the first time in nearly twenty years.

Again, why are all the jaded people on this board showing signs of optimism this week? Usually, the responses would be "I won't hold my breath for a reunion." I feel like I'm in bizzarro world :laugh: .

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

LOL. That reminds me... did you see the ratings had GH ahead of DAYS again this week?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply