Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A chance to relive a summer story?; post on the sony board
Topic Started: Mar 17 2010, 03:22 PM (3,917 Views)
Mirage75
Member Avatar

Kenny
Mar 17 2010, 04:57 PM
Would "Virtual Eden" qualify as a summer story? When did that air? LoL I'm thinking it was late summer/early fall.

I'm gonna vote for it just for shits and giggles.

I vaguely remember that story lol.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Criss33
Member Avatar

EJ and Sami hot summer. Tango on the pier!!!

misch
Member Avatar

Kenny
Would "Virtual Eden" qualify as a summer story? When did that air? LoL I'm thinking it was late summer/early fall.

shoot me :drunk:

misch
Member Avatar

Eric83
Mar 17 2010, 04:14 PM
Kenny
Mar 17 2010, 04:09 PM
Eric83
Mar 17 2010, 03:43 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Fabulous! Are you talking about the Secret Room story in particular or the '97 storylines in general? When did you watch it/them?

There's a Secret Room playlist on YouTube that I linked here the other day. I've watched it three times in the last week from start to finish, LoL.
I mean 97 in general, but I love everything about JER's run.

My aunt is an avid DAYS watcher, so she has most of it on tape, which is when I watched the JER days. I watched The Secret Room and Aremid on Youtube sometime last year.

Aremid is my favorite story from that era.
I would say the Secret Room, Cruise of Deception of the Paris storyline of "96. Think that ended around August but not completely sure.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Kenny

AWWWW...MY EYES!! God that was AWFUL!!!!

My vote...Cruise of Deception!

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

six
Mar 17 2010, 03:31 PM
Was the coronation a summer story? I wonder how far back they're willing to go?

Actually that's recent enough that it might be on youtube...
No the coronation was in Feb 2001. That whole thing was the culmination of Franco's murder in september of 1998. No way thats getting posted.

I cant think of a single summer in the last 10 years I'd want to relive. 2000 ... well, I dont really remember what they were doing, but it wasnt good. Garden of Eden? 2001 - that fucking teen island. 2002 - aliens crash land. 2003 - Dena Higley. 2004 - Melaswen. 2005 ... who the fuck cared, it was JERk. 2006 - Black Glove? 2007 - Santeen (which would likely win for the fact of the Ejami fans). 2008 - Ava holding everyone hostage in her bedroom cause Days was too cheap to build a set.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I'm with those that picked the Cruise of Deception story. That was one of my top summer stories featuring some of my faves in Jenn, Jack, Bo, Victor, Julie, etc.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

You know most people posting at that board, and watching the show, are like ... 2 years old and werent even alive in 1991.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Aliaron
Mar 17 2010, 04:12 PM
My favorite summer storyline was the summer Salem Serial Killer '03 Storyline.

that wasnt summer storyline. That was the fall. The summer was Dena Higley and her mystery goop.

FrenchToast

Aliaron

There are four reasons: It was mostly vets. Lots of shirtless Lucas. Lucas and Sami fell in love. And for most of it, Sami could *NOT* speak.
Oh I liked that storyline! Shirtless Lucas. :D

I'd actually watch anything as long as its not Santeen.

Livie

I submit the story of John and Isabella, specifically the scene of him teaching her how to hit a baseball, when she was secretly like some big softball ace from her boarding school.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

What the fuck is wrong with those on Soapcity, lol. This is a chance to get Sony to post some classic clips or episodes and almost everyone there post shit about Santeen and the vendetta.

1. It happened less than three years ago.
2. Most of it is on youtube.
3. IT SUCKED!

aimees76
Member Avatar

FrenchToast
Mar 21 2010, 10:30 AM
Aliaron

There are four reasons: It was mostly vets. Lots of shirtless Lucas. Lucas and Sami fell in love. And for most of it, Sami could *NOT* speak.

LOL, me too!!

(Hi FT!! :wave: Welcome to DR!!)

I honestly have trouble remembering when storylines happened. I might remember ever detail of what happened and dialogue and such, but have only a vague idea of when it happened. So I really cannot recall what stories happened in the summer.

Damn, I've been watching this show a long time ... there are so many that I have forgotten. Were'nt there some great S&K moments in the summers? Was their wedding on the boat when Kayla spoke in the summer? I know it was sunny, lol, maybe that was spring. Hmm, I'm just trying to think of something bigger and better than plain ole lame-ass summer stories with teens. ^o)

aimees76
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Mar 21 2010, 10:48 AM
What the fuck is wrong with those on Soapcity, lol. This is a chance to get Sony to post some classic clips or episodes and almost everyone there post shit about Santeen and the vendetta.

3. IT SUCKED!
Why doesn't that surprise me? :hmmph:

And I totally agree with you. I really cannot decide what was worse, Santeen or Touch the Sky ... really, they were BOTH ABOMINABLE. :x :x

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

aimees76
Mar 21 2010, 10:50 AM
FrenchToast
Aliaron

LOL, me too!!

I honestly have trouble remembering when storylines happened. I might remember ever detail of what happened and dialogue and such, but have only a vague idea of when it happened. So I really cannot recall what stories happened in the summer.

Damn, I've been watching this show a long time ... there are so many that I have forgotten. Were'nt there some great S&K moments in the summers? Was their wedding on the boat when Kayla spoke in the summer? I know it was sunny, lol, maybe that was spring. Hmm, I'm just trying to think of something bigger and better than plain ole lame-ass summer stories with teens. ^o)
Cut throat epi's rocked IMHO! Sami couldn't talk, Lucas did all the talking, she didn't even need to tell him what she was thinking because he knew, they slept in each others beds more times than I could actually count and they never screwed so that was a plus as far as built up was concerned. Shirtless Lucas, or Lucas wet and wrapped up in towel, or Lucas with nothing but boxers on, ....that summer of 2003 ROCKED!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

aimees76
Mar 21 2010, 10:52 AM
Sindacco
Mar 21 2010, 10:48 AM

3. IT SUCKED!
Why doesn't that surprise me? :hmmph:

And I totally agree with you. I really cannot decide what was worse, Santeen or Touch the Sky ... really, they were BOTH ABOMINABLE. :x :x
The fact that they made John a Dimera out of that ridiculous story was the main problem. That and that the story IMHO sucked the big one...but between touched the sky and that one it's a toss up!

FrenchToast

aimees76
FrenchToast
Aliaron

LOL, me too!!

Hey! Thanks! *hug* I finally got here. :P Oh and I have to say SO much better than Sony which is basically dead. Not many debates anymore and there is imo a whole lot of spamming and repetitiveness over there. I needed to get away, lol.

A lot of people are saying Cruise of Deception and I never saw that storyline so I'd be cool with that!

aimees76
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Mar 21 2010, 10:58 AM
aimees76
FrenchToast

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepanything as long as its not Santeen.
LOL, me too!!

Cut throat epi's rocked IMHO! Sami couldn't talk, Lucas did all the talking, she didn't even need to tell him what she was thinking because he knew, they slept in each others beds more times than I could actually count and they never screwed so that was a plus as far as built up was concerned. Shirtless Lucas, or Lucas wet and wrapped up in towel, or Lucas with nothing but boxers on, ....that summer of 2003 ROCKED!

Yeah, see, perfect example of my senility ... that is one of my favorite storylines and I didn't even remember that it was in the summer, lol!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Drew
Mar 17 2010, 11:51 PM
six
Mar 17 2010, 03:31 PM
Was the coronation a summer story? I wonder how far back they're willing to go?

Actually that's recent enough that it might be on youtube...
No the coronation was in Feb 2001. That whole thing was the culmination of Franco's murder in september of 1998. No way thats getting posted.

I cant think of a single summer in the last 10 years I'd want to relive. 2000 ... well, I dont really remember what they were doing, but it wasnt good. Garden of Eden? 2001 - that fucking teen island. 2002 - aliens crash land. 2003 - Dena Higley. 2004 - Melaswen. 2005 ... who the fuck cared, it was JERk. 2006 - Black Glove? 2007 - Santeen (which would likely win for the fact of the Ejami fans). 2008 - Ava holding everyone hostage in her bedroom cause Days was too cheap to build a set.

If I remember correctly Garden of Eden was on during the fall. I don't remember much about the summer in 2000. We had the teens building a home for Mimi and her family, habitat for humanity. Langan started Franco's murder again with Sami and Brandon going undercover and later going to Italy where Victor, Kate and surfer-Lucas tried to kill Sami by tricking her out to the cliff using a fake Will doll.

Summer of 2001 started good with the search for JT, Stefano's escape and the Last Blast Dance. Then we got Temptation Island (which I liked parts of) and Jack is gay storyline.

2002 was more than just the alien crash (they weren't really aliens btw). We had Lexie going crazy, Jack and Sami teaming up, the returns of Tony DiMera and Billie Reed, the reading of Stefano's will, Nicole's shooting. 2002 had a great summer.

2003, yeah Higley lol. I did like Nicole and Larry teaming up though.

Ava holding everyone hostage happened in March-April 2008, not the summer.

I would probably choose summer of 1996. I think it was during the summer that the Paris storyline reached its climax, not really sure.

Edited by Sindacco, Mar 21 2010, 11:03 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

FrenchToast
Mar 21 2010, 10:59 AM
aimees76
FrenchToast

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepanything as long as its not Santeen.
LOL, me too!!

Hey! Thanks! *hug* I finally got here. :P Oh and I have to say SO much better than Sony which is basically dead. Not many debates anymore and there is imo a whole lot of spamming and repetitiveness over there. I needed to get away, lol.

A lot of people are saying Cruise of Deception and I never saw that storyline so I'd be cool with that!
HOLA! FT! :wave:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply