Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Calliope and Eugene Reunion?
Topic Started: Mar 17 2010, 04:08 PM (2,849 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Calliope and Eugene Reunion on DAYS?
With Arleen Sorkin returning as the zany Calliope Jones, is it only a matter of time before John deLancie, her longtime partner in frolic and fun, returns as the equally zany Eugene Bradford? "Well, they want him back, but he's very busy," reveals Sorkin, who's kept in touch with deLancie over the years. "He's got a lot going on. Hopefully, they'll get him." Indeed, deLancie has enjoyed great success in film and prime-time since exiting daytime in 1989; most notably his seven year run on STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION.

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Um...that made me feel slightly better. I hope they get him. But if they do, I'm going to need them to get Deidre Hall there pronto. Like, seriously. I might cry.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It seems if he comes that it will be a bit down the line since he's busy.

I can honestly see him and Matt Ashford appearing in late summer/early Fall when they are available.

I think this shows that more people will be added to the initial list of returns. They are clearly still working on this.

Kenny
Member Avatar

What the hell is going on at Days? This is all so random, LoL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

...and why the hell does it seem like every single person who's worked on this show in the last 20 years is returning except for the one person I want the most?

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny
Mar 17 2010, 04:15 PM
What the hell is going on at Days? This is all so random, LoL.
It kind of sounds like they're preparing for the end.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Mar 17 2010, 04:16 PM
...and why the hell does it seem like every single person who's worked on this show in the last 20 years is returning except for the one person I want the most?
I still think she still might. I think they may be saving the BIGGEST return for last. She's a big enough star for that.

Keith
Member Avatar

Come on, Johnny! Come back! Loved him and Calliope.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Mar 17 2010, 04:19 PM
Kenny
I still think she still might. I think they may be saving the BIGGEST return for last. She's a big enough star for that.
LoL, are we talking about the same person?

I was referring to Eileen Davidson.

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Drake's Back!!

I must say...I love all the returns, but the more announcements that are made about people returning the more pissed off I become. Reason being: when Drake/Dee, Stephen/Mary Beth, and Thaoo/Leann were all fired it was because of the "budget." The more people that they hire help to solitify the fact that all of the "budget" mess was total and complete Bullshit! Fire 6 people to save money, but then hire more people than you fired originally!! UGH!!! :shrug: :frustration: :headbang:

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny
Mar 17 2010, 04:22 PM
PhoenixRising05
Kenny

That's who I would have been talking about, lol.

Who would you want ED to come back as? Only Kristen or would it matter?

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Drake's Back!!

Kenny
PhoenixRising05
Kenny

I figured that's who you were referring to! Love your signature!

peaches179

When I opened this thread, I thought it was going to say that Deidre was returning! :(

sungrey

If Eileen has to come back, Kristen only. None of this 10,000-characters bullshit. That nearly drove Eileen to a nervous breakdown.

Kenny
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 17 2010, 04:23 PM
Kenny
PhoenixRising05

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

That's who I would have been talking about, lol.

Who would you want ED to come back as? Only Kristen or would it matter?
Only Kristen, preferably. Susan is only necessary to explain how the hell Stefano got his hands on EJ all those years ago. After that, she can disappear.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
PhoenixRising05
Kenny

Oh, well, no LOL.

I was referring more to Deidre because she's the person they need to go get right now. They can save ED for later this year when they need another big return for a big story.

Kenny
Member Avatar

maggs
Mar 17 2010, 04:23 PM
I figured that's who you were referring to! Love your signature!
Thanks! I jacked it from someone at SoapCity three years ago, LoL.

Eileen and Deidre need to return immediately. Their on-screen rival chemistry was like no other.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

maggs
I must say...I love all the returns, but the more announcements that are made about people returning the more pissed off I become. Reason being: when Drake/Dee, Stephen/Mary Beth, and Thaoo/Leann were all fired it was because of the "budget." The more people that they hire help to solitify the fact that all of the "budget" mess was total and complete Bullshit! Fire 6 people to save money, but then hire more people than you fired originally!! UGH!!! :shrug: :frustration: :headbang:
This is a special circumstance. The matriarch of the show passed away. You don't really worry about budget in this circumstance (although I do think the show has taken strides to help itself, hence PR's hiatus) and I would bet most of these actors are coming for whatever Corday can pony up money-wise. They are doing this out of respect for FR and not for the paycheck, at least I'm sure most of them are, so the budget thing takes a backseat. Also, the show is in a better position then it was when they made the cuts. The ratings are up and the financial situation is more stable.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Mar 17 2010, 04:26 PM
They can save ED for later this year when they need another big return for a big story.
To hell with waiting any longer. I've waited twelve years. That's long enough, LoL.

Keith
Member Avatar

maggs

Leann was not on contract and came as a package deal with Thaao, no doubt.

Thaao, Dee, and Drake are more expensive contracts, having been veterans with the show a cumulative 20-30 years. Stephen and Mary Beth were lesser expensive contracts.

No one knows what the money is with some of the returns. Those who are returning simply for Alice may not be making anything, if rumors can be trusted. If they are, its chump change in comparison to those contracts. It's not a simple ratio.

However, I've never bought the budget crisis, either. The reasons they were cut was more politics than anything. GT wanted to change the shape of the show and couldn't do that as long as there were so many front-burner vets. Doesn't have any impact on these short-term returns, though, IMO.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply