Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW:Rafe Closes in on Anna - and EJ!; March 30th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Mar 18 2010, 02:13 PM (5,534 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

The mystery of Sydney’s kidnapping starts unraveling when Rafe figures out that Anna took her and he sets out to uncover whom she was working with.

Nicole summons Rafe to her jail cell. Galen says, “As much as Nicole is clever and conniving, sometimes Rafe can glean information from her. So he goes to see Nicole, thinking she might disclose something to him.”

Nicole thinks Anna is stringing her along and not trying to get the governor to pardon her, so she prepares to spill the beans about Anna taking Sydney. A guard interrupts and announces that she has a call from the governor. Nicole finds out she’s been pardoned! Rafe is suspicious.

Rafe’s suspicions intensify when Nicole starts pointing the finger at Kate and insisting that she took Sydney. “Rafe knows that’s not true. Kate’s already been cleared, “ explains GG. “He also realizes someone got to the governor. Rafe tells Nicole he’s going to get the bottom of this.”

Rafe then confronts Governor Ford. Rafe asks him what is going on and if he doesn’t that he will open up an investigation. But, the governor does him to go ahead and do that. Galen says, “Rafe is like, ‘Damn it!’ Clearly, something is going on and someone is behind it. The question is, who?”

Rafe’s sleuthing leads him to Victor, who recently had the governor at his mansion. Rafe ask if anyone at the party spoke to the governor and Victor tells him that Anna DiMera did. Rafe then realizes that she had to be the one to get Nicole the pardon.

His next step is to question EJ. “He tells EJ he thinks Anna took Sydney and that she was working with someone, but EJ claims not to know anything and denies any involvement,” sighs Galen.

Although he is still suspicious of his nemesis, there isn’t any proof that EJ was involved. Galen says, “Certainly, EJ’s behavior has been weird, but what sense would it make for a father to kidnap his own daughter?”

Rafe could very well find out when he receives a call from a fellow agent that Nicole has been spotted in Santo Domingo. Rafe quickly makes plans to fly there and grill Nicole about Anna. “He thinks Nicole may know who Anna was working with or at least give him a clue as to who it is. Then Rafe can finally solve this thing once and for all,” says Galen.

Little does Rafe know it might be easier than he thinks – Anna has just arrived in Santo Domingo, too.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Isn't Santo Domingo where Dr. Baker was before he was killed?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

Hope this doesn't unravel too quickly. I bet this ties into Doc Baker's return.

Livie

I hope Sami follows Rafe to Santa Domingo, and Ej can babysit.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Sounds great, thanks for posting. Keep digging Rafe. :wub:

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Rafe is talking to the wrong people. All he needs to do is to ask Theo and he'll have all the answers as to what EJ was really up to.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Mar 18 2010, 02:13 PM
Galen says, “Certainly, EJ’s behavior has been weird, but what sense would it make for a father to kidnap his own daughter?”

Gee . . . it might make more sense if you think of it in terms of a father wanting to exact a little revenge on the attempt by the mother to keep the same child from him. I'm not on the "Rafe is a dumbfuck excuse for an FBI agent" bandwagon, but that is simply ridiculous that knowing everything he knows, neither he nor Sami can possibly imagine EJ's motives. Especially since EJ had Sami's own cousin kidnapped less than a year ago. I mean, with all the crimes EJ's committed we're supposed to believe that nobody can imagine him stealing his own daughter?

DrewHamilton, I asked that question in the thread about Nicole's return. I think it is. Though who knows whether it will tie into Dr. Baker's return somehow.

Thanks for posting, Angie!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Come on, Rafe! It ain't that hard to figure out. He thinks why would EJ steal his own kid, but previously he said it was personal against Sami. Put it together, dude.
This is coming along rather quickly. Me likey.

That's alot of people hanging out in Santo Domingo. I hope they have more than the beach set for everyone to gather at.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DrewHamilton
Mar 18 2010, 02:17 PM
Isn't Santo Domingo where Dr. Baker was before he was killed?
I think so. It's also where Sami and Lucas got their divorce. Would be nice if they could have Nicole get her divorce from EJ there so she is free to go full out after her man Brady now.

So is that the governor's whole big scene and that's it?

dc cubs
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Mar 18 2010, 02:46 PM

So is that the governor's whole big scene and that's it?
Stuart Damon said in a recent interview that he taped 5 episodes.
Edited by dc cubs, Mar 18 2010, 02:50 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Paxton
Mar 18 2010, 02:42 PM
Angie79
Galen says, “Certainly, EJ’s behavior has been weird, but what sense would it make for a father to kidnap his own daughter?”

Gee . . . it might make more sense if you think of it in terms of a father wanting to exact a little revenge on the attempt by the mother to keep the same child from him. I'm not on the "Rafe is a dumbfuck excuse for an FBI agent" bandwagon, but that is simply ridiculous that knowing everything he knows, neither he nor Sami can possibly imagine EJ's motives. Especially since EJ had Sami's own cousin kidnapped less than a year ago. I mean, with all the crimes EJ's committed we're supposed to believe that nobody can imagine him stealing his own daughter?
For Rafe to see revenge as a possible motive of EJ's wouldn't that require him to comprehend that there was at least something potentially wrong with what Sami (and he) were trying to do to keep EJ from his own child?

Because Rafe has never shown to this point that he thinks he did anything wrong drawing up those fraudulent adoption papers to take a kid from a man he said was a good dad, so I don't know why he would come to that realization now.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Stuarts last airdate is March 25th.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Mar 18 2010, 02:50 PM
Paxton
Angie79

For Rafe to see revenge as a possible motive of EJ's wouldn't that require him to comprehend that there was at least something potentially wrong with what Sami (and he) were trying to do to keep EJ from his own child?

Because Rafe has never shown to this point that he thinks he did anything wrong drawing up those fraudulent adoption papers to take a kid from a man he said was a good dad, so I don't know why he would come to that realization now.
Good point.

TFP, Angie.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

six
Mar 18 2010, 02:55 PM
IMissAremid
Paxton

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Good point.

TFP, Angie.
That is a good point but at the same time doesn't law enforcement always suspect the parents first regardless.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

IMissAremid
Paxton
Angie79

Rafe could acknowledge that similarity but still rationalize it to himself that they were trying to keep Sydney from the DiMeras. I seem to recall that Sami did sometimes mention that EJ himself was a factor in her not telling him about the pregnancy--I know she told him that when she revealed that he had impregnated her (she said she was trying to protect Grace from having a father like him), and her realization that he had put out a hit on Philip confirmed for her that she was right not to tell him. Plus, even if Sami had merely always said it was Stefano she feared, not EJ, she clearly didn't trust EJ to keep his child safe, which to me bespeaks a lack of faith in his parenting skills. A point reinforced by him raising his daughter in the DiMansion side by side with Stefano.

six
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Mar 18 2010, 02:59 PM
six
IMissAremid

Good point.

TFP, Angie.
That is a good point but at the same time doesn't law enforcement always suspect the parents first regardless.
It makes sense for him to suspect him, but for some reason he doesn't seem to realize that Sami is on EJ's enemy list right now.

Livie

I have always wondered just exactly what is it that says the adoption papers were not legal? I have looked up several legal sites and asked if there is any law that says a woman has to inform the father of a child that she is pregnant. There is no LEGAL requirement, unless you are trying to get child support. As to moral requirements, from what this Ej has been like, I would give Sami a pass on that as well.

That being said, anyone can go to Nolo Press and get papers to file for adoption. Rafe did not need to get any illegal papers, this is just silly writing or silly supposition, as I do not remember this ever being said that Rafe had done anything illegal.

Once you fill out papers you go to the court and get them approved and filed. Rafe needed Sami's permission, and I think she gave it to him without reservation.

Grace was baptised under her mother's maiden name, so I do not even think there is an issue of a false birth certificate either.

Rafe and Sami did not do anything ILLEGAL, and it was never processed anyway.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

six
Mar 18 2010, 03:06 PM
Halloween Family
Mar 18 2010, 02:59 PM
six

It makes sense for him to suspect him, but for some reason he doesn't seem to realize that Sami is on EJ's enemy list right now.
ok. maybe I haven't been paying too close attn but it doesn't seem like Rafe has reason to suspect Sami is on EJ's enemy list if anything Rafe should be more suspicous/jealous that EJ is moving in on his woman.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Livie
Mar 18 2010, 03:12 PM
I have always wondered just exactly what is it that says the adoption papers were not legal? I have looked up several legal sites and asked if there is any law that says a woman has to inform the father of a child that she is pregnant. There is no LEGAL requirement, unless you are trying to get child support. As to moral requirements, from what this Ej has been like, I would give Sami a pass on that as well.

That being said, anyone can go to Nolo Press and get papers to file for adoption. Rafe did not need to get any illegal papers, this is just silly writing or silly supposition, as I do not remember this ever being said that Rafe had done anything illegal.

Once you fill out papers you go to the court and get them approved and filed. Rafe needed Sami's permission, and I think she gave it to him without reservation.

Grace was baptised under her mother's maiden name, so I do not even think there is an issue of a false birth certificate either.

Rafe and Sami did not do anything ILLEGAL, and it was never processed anyway.
I don't think what they did was all that illegal either, immoral yes. As far as my understanding, a mother can put whoever she wants on the birth cert. look at the circumstances of a woman who slept with multiple partners and one night stands, ends up pregnant and doesn't even have the foggiest idea of the fathers name even. I believe some people write "unknown".

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Paxton
Mar 18 2010, 03:02 PM
IMissAremid
Paxton

Rafe could acknowledge that similarity but still rationalize it to himself that they were trying to keep Sydney from the DiMeras. I seem to recall that Sami did sometimes mention that EJ himself was a factor in her not telling him about the pregnancy--I know she told him that when she revealed that he had impregnated her (she said she was trying to protect Grace from having a father like him), and her realization that he had put out a hit on Philip confirmed for her that she was right not to tell him. Plus, even if Sami had merely always said it was Stefano she feared, not EJ, she clearly didn't trust EJ to keep his child safe, which to me bespeaks a lack of faith in his parenting skills. A point reinforced by him raising his daughter in the DiMansion side by side with Stefano.
Sami trusted EJ to keep Johnny safe the whole time she was in WP.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply