Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS RENEWED! Through 2010-2011 season.
Topic Started: Mar 19 2010, 02:16 PM (4,012 Views)
Kerenush
Member Avatar

I am so thrilled that they renewed DOOL :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cassie1013

This is great!

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

awesome! Hopefully there will not be any major budget and cast cuts.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

:hail: That is great news. I wonder what the "Big A" storyline will be this time? I'm glad to see my favorite drama still sticking around.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

I'm glad that Days will still be around for at least another year. Much as I bitch about it, the thought of it being gone like GL or soon to be gone ATWT makes me sad beyond words.

JSE
Member Avatar

I think one year renewals are the way its gonna be from here on out. Multi-year renewals are back from the days when everyone was fat and happy and daytime was rolling in cash. If Sony couldn't make up the money they lost from NBC with foreign sales, the show would have been gone a long time ago.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

AngelOB
Mar 20 2010, 01:42 PM
I'm glad that Days will still be around for at least another year. Much as I bitch about it, the thought of it being gone like GL or soon to be gone ATWT makes me sad beyond words.
I love your signature.

James Scott= :sex4: :sex4: :sex4:

paul89

yayayay im soo happy for DAYS!!!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

OUTSTANDING news!

We have DAYS at LEAST for another 18 1/2 months!

WOO HOO!

DAYS truly deserved the pickup for their ratings resurgence over the last 6 months.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Count me amongst the General Complaint Team but I am very happy to see Days renewed. As much as it pains me to say it, Tomlin has been a master strategist in getting the show to run efficiently and consistently. Other than that I can't back NBC's statement about the Day's story or format "remain(ing) both relevant and fresh creatively” but I will say it's a humorous evaluation.

I'm happy we are still on-air and as hope springs eternal, I'll remain optimistic that the show could become even better.

King
Member Avatar

great news!

Manda1

I am delighted that Days has been renewed!

I am also delighted that Days has been renewed after a 12 month period of ex-passions actors in front burner storyline and barely any EJ and Sami interaction! The renewal proves everyone wrong who thought the show was going to get cancelled because of the ex-passion stars and too much Sami and Rafe, Melanie and whoever :laugh:, Carly and Bo, Daniel and Chloe etc... :lol:

The show has been renewed despite all the 'percieved flaws' and the actors continually being bashed and acused of not being up to par etc.

Love him or hate him Gary Tomlin along with Dena and Chris have pulled this off with their writing and directing and of course the cast have pulled this off by bringing their characters and stories to life! :jedi:

Congrats to all the Days team! Long may this show continue!

Faye

Oh yes!! :D good news!

james0479
Member Avatar

Yay!!!! I don't post much, but I'm here everyday reading all of your wonderful comments. This news deserved a post from me. Even though it's just one year, this is such good news. I also think this is the kick in the butt Corday needs. I'm sure he was sweating this announcment. I hope the chance for another year will keep him motivated or, better yet, keep him out of it! Gary Tomlin is, in my opinion, the best thing to happen to Days since Eileen Davidson. Yea, there's some issues, but it's actually pretty fun at times now and I enjoy it. I dread the day I read of this shows cancellation. After 19 years, I couldn't bear it!

DaysPossessed
Member Avatar

I'm glad too. It is the only soap I watch...some 35+ years. I look forward to watching.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I'm relieved, too. As I get older and see some of the icons and memories from my childhood passing on (Walter Cronkite, Peter Graves, anything from the late 60's-early 70's), it's nice to have that little memory hang in there. Even if there was a huge chunk of time when I wasn't watching, I still have fond memories of it.

paul89

lazydazes
Mar 20 2010, 08:45 AM
:hail: That is great news. I wonder what the "Big A" storyline will be this time? I'm glad to see my favorite drama still sticking around.
yes what will be the big A storyline ????

paul89

DAYSisHOT
Mar 20 2010, 08:40 AM
awesome! Hopefully there will not be any major budget and cast cuts.
like the last time when they had Carrie and Austin ??

Kenny
Member Avatar

This news made Perez Hilton.

Days Of Our Lives Lives On!

Posted Image

The long-running NBC daytime soap Days of our Lives has been picked up for its 45th season!

Damn!

Networks have been canceling soaps left and right, but Days has managed to keep a consistent viewership, being the #2 soap of the 2009-10 season and averaging 3.3 million viewers!

Good job, guys!

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Perez is a fat, creepy bastard.

But I'm glad he gave DAYS a shout out. :)
Edited by Eric83, Mar 21 2010, 03:04 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply