Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 3/22-3/26
Topic Started: Mar 20 2010, 11:34 PM (10,324 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DAYS OF OUR LIVES
Weekly Discussion
Week of March 22

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Classic clip: Jennifer has suspicions about Peter after Stefano's involvement in the Maison Blanche mystery is learned!
Meanwhile Billie is injured and Stefano tries to run off with Gina/Hope...
And Lucas and Mike try to pick up chicks back in Salem.

:cheers: :drunk: Discuss! :drunk: :cheers:

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Is it wrong that this back-and-forth Sami & Rafe are having over the FBI job and his recommendation is the most entertaining I've ever found them? I nearly spit out my coffee when Sami cited her hospital job for her clerical experience and then quickly back off of that line of thought. lol

Kenny
Member Avatar

LoL, I find it hysterical that Sami's own boyfriend won't give her a job.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

SERIOUSLY! This is where GG's deadpan face really comes in. I loved the scenes on Friday..glad to know it continues!

ilovemydays

Kenny
Mar 22 2010, 12:25 PM
LoL, I find it hysterical that Sami's own boyfriend won't give her a job.

I can only guess what the guy is thinking:
Rafe: Hey honey, I've got a job for you. I'll give you two clues, it's two words and the second one is JOB! **** job! Get it?!

Sami's resume:
HS drop out.
Excellent gestational skills.

Edited by ilovemydays, Mar 22 2010, 12:41 PM.

Fryday
Member Avatar

I realize Buried Alive is hard to top, but poison again? really? Good lord, tying Carly up on train tracks would be more original at this point.

I'm sure this is way too much to hope for, but at least make it some sort of personality altering poison vs just making her sick. I could totally see CC rocking a "Jack Nicholson in The Shining"-like Carly.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

And in what state are we where the governor isn't constantly accompanied by the state police? There's no way there wouldn't have been security on him at all times.

Kenny
Member Avatar

This hotel worker looks like Michael Muhney.

Why is Sami singing the infamous pre-execution lullaby to Sydney?

LoL @ the look on Vivian's face as she walked into the Java Cafe and saw Brady/Arianna kissing.

I'm bored with poison. Can't these writers come up with one damn original idea?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Mar 22 2010, 12:58 PM

LoL @ the look on Vivian's face as she walked into the Java Cafe and saw Brady/Arianna kissing.

Not that I disagree with poison getting tiresome on this show (it really is LOL) but what can they do that would be original? They've even done buried alive. There isn't really anything left they can do that hasn't been done :laugh: .

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny

She has sung it to Allie and Grace, too. I don't think AS knows all the words, though. :laugh:

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Mar 22 2010, 01:00 PM
Kenny

Not that I disagree with poison getting tiresome on this show (it really is LOL) but what can they do that would be original? They've even done buried alive. There isn't really anything left they can do that hasn't been done :laugh: .
They don't have to do anything new, really. Hell, do buried alive again for all I care. Just give us some variety.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Kenny
Mar 22 2010, 01:01 PM
PhoenixRising05
Kenny

They don't have to do anything new, really. Hell, do buried alive again for all I care. Just give us some variety.
I saw instead of burying Carly, they should wall her up. It's the same, but different. Even better, have Vivian slowly drug Carly into madness, then have Carly turn the tables on Vivian in an ironic twist where Carly walls up Vivian and tortures her. Carly does it all because of Vivian's drugging, so she's innocent in the long run, but it's a different twist that plays on history.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Matt
Mar 22 2010, 01:04 PM
...instead of burying Carly, they should wall her up. It's the same, but different. Even better, have Vivian slowly drug Carly into madness, then have Carly turn the tables on Vivian in an ironic twist where Carly walls up Vivian and tortures her.
LoL, like the Toby Keith video with Krista Allen!

Harmony233

I actually thought they was going to have vivian gaslight Carly before but then for some reason they decided to go with vivian trying to kill Melanie.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
PhoenixRising05
Kenny

Oh, I agree with that. It's just when you said "original" I wondered what could they possibly do that is new and different.

Matt's idea is a good one. Yes, it's similar to buried alive but it does play on history. I could honestly see the show doing that too (I actually thought they may have done that already but I'm convinced they did the whole arc with Melanie to set up the Stephanie/Nathan/Melanie/Philip quad to heat up and to provide a killer sweeps to sustain ratings). I mean, they were going to have Meredith wall up Rafe. Now that the focus of the story is on Carly/Vivian and not so much Melanie, I think we will see something like this happen.

On another note, I'm very happy Rafe and Sami finally have some conflict. That was the one criticism I had and now I'm starting to see the Rafe/Sami/EJ stuff take shape after a few weeks of murkiness. GG and AS were pretty good and I liked the whole situation at the Pub because it's so something you would see in real life. Celebrating with another couple and then arguing with your boyfriend/girlfriend and the whole situation being all awkward.

I'm also so happy that the teens are finally going somewhere. I actually liked the focus on what Sami has done in terms of Will reacting to what Mia did. There was a whole lot of hints to Sami's past issues. We need more of that.

Anna was freaking hilarious with her fantasies and her scheming. I love that they are using LH like this.

LMAO to Vivian's reaction to Brady and Arianna.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Mar 22 2010, 01:12 PM.

torn

Matt
Kenny
PhoenixRising05

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I saw instead of burying Carly, they should wall her up. It's the same, but different. Even better, have Vivian slowly drug Carly into madness, then have Carly turn the tables on Vivian in an ironic twist where Carly walls up Vivian and tortures her. Carly does it all because of Vivian's drugging, so she's innocent in the long run, but it's a different twist that plays on history.
Didn't Emily's crazy sister just recently wall up Rafe?

Damn, if it weren't necessary for him to get out to spill the beans on Nicole stealing Sami's baby, I wish they would have left him there.

Maybe they can just dig a pit in the basement and leave her there, a la, Beth and Sheridan from Passions.......only Carly doesn't have a baby that Vivian wants to steal.....Vivian already did that with Kate........

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Yes, I want to say Rafe was just walled up too.

Vivian can command a swarm of Killer Bees to attack Carly. Of course they won't actually suceed, she'll just puff up like the Michelan man.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

torn
Mar 22 2010, 01:10 PM
Matt
Kenny

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepanything new, really. Hell, do buried alive again for all I care. Just give us some variety.

Damn, if it weren't necessary for him to get out to spill the beans on Nicole stealing Sami's baby, I wish they would have left him there.

Maybe they can just dig a pit in the basement and leave her there, a la, Beth and Sheridan from Passions.......only Carly doesn't have a baby that Vivian wants to steal.....Vivian already did that with Kate........
She never got the chance to wall him up. She had to move him because Arianna was coming over. She then dragged Rafe off and threw him in the river. It was clear they wanted to just drop the whole story with Rafe's past so they tied it up quickly and used it as a way to stall things a bit to build the baby switch reveal.

I do think they will pick up with Rafe's past eventually. They will probably resurrect Emily to do it this time.

Harmony233

torn
Mar 22 2010, 01:10 PM
Matt
Kenny

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepanything new, really. Hell, do buried alive again for all I care. Just give us some variety.

well actually vivian already stole Carlys baby which I find pretty stupid that its never brought up ecspecially when Carly was freaking out about viv being around Melanie.

HJBJDJ

Why is Sami blaming Rafe for her not being able to pass an FBI background check? It's her messed up past not his.

Vivian's wig is really distracting to me. I can't focus on the scene

Very boring episode.

How many times is Sydney going to wear those hot pink tights.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply