Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: EJ Admits He Loves Sami
Topic Started: Mar 23 2010, 12:23 PM (20,192 Views)
six
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Apr 5 2010, 05:47 AM
Aliaron
Apr 5 2010, 01:13 AM
I don't understand why discussions just don't get locked when they become a rambling mess. The same thing happened with the Ali post. The last several pages were not about the discussion. It's about beer and pizza and baiting posters.

It's pointless. And serves as nothing but a bump for a discussion that does not really exist anymore. Maybe I'm missing the point. If the post isn't about the actual discussion, why does it continue?
Maybe as long as it's not baiting? That's why the pizza and beer to THWART the baiting. I'm sure the mods would appreciate a private message if you feel the time is up on the thread. Believe me, this isn't the worst change of subject that comes along.
Well, maybe instead of pizza, I should offer.......nachos and coke?
The off topic rambling is part of the charm of this place, as you said, as long as it's not baiting.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Livie

six
Apr 5 2010, 09:45 AM
ladyofthelake
Aliaron
Apr 5 2010, 01:13 AM
I don't understand why discussions just don't get locked when they become a rambling mess. The same thing happened with the Ali post. The last several pages were not about the discussion. It's about beer and pizza and baiting posters.

It's pointless. And serves as nothing but a bump for a discussion that does not really exist anymore. Maybe I'm missing the point. If the post isn't about the actual discussion, why does it continue?
Maybe as long as it's not baiting? That's why the pizza and beer to THWART the baiting. I'm sure the mods would appreciate a private message if you feel the time is up on the thread. Believe me, this isn't the worst change of subject that comes along.
Well, maybe instead of pizza, I should offer.......nachos and coke?
The off topic rambling is part of the charm of this place, as you said, as long as it's not baiting.
I agree with this view. Which is why I am sometimes puzzled when I get asked by someone (yes, Six, I refer to you) "what does this have to do with (whatever the topic was) It has bugged me enough to comment a few times, and I am happy to see you think the off topic rambles are part of the charm of this place! :smooch:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Livie
Apr 5 2010, 10:19 AM
six
ladyofthelake

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I agree with this view. Which is why I am sometimes puzzled when I get asked by someone (yes, Six, I refer to you) "what does this have to do with (whatever the topic was) It has bugged me enough to comment a few times, and I am happy to see you think the off topic rambles are part of the charm of this place! :smooch:
As I said, it's not part of the charm when it's being done to get under people's skin, so sorry, we don't agree about the joy you get from quoting people and deliberately hijacking the topic just to fan the flames and "stick it to them" to use your phrase, being the same as people trying to add some levity to a thread that's getting heated. :tounge:

I'm not going to participate in this little hijack any longer, as I'm sure no one cares to read it, but since you directly referred to me, and the one conversation we had, what, a few months ago?, I'm answering you here.
Edited by six, Apr 5 2010, 10:47 AM.

Livie

six
Apr 5 2010, 10:45 AM
Livie
Apr 5 2010, 10:19 AM
six

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
As I said, it's not part of the charm when it's being done to get under people's skin, so sorry, we don't agree about the joy you get from quoting people and deliberately hijacking the topic just to fan the flames and "stick it to them" to use your phrase, being the same as people trying to add some levity to a thread that's getting heated. :tounge:

I'm not going to participate in this little hijack any longer, as I'm sure no one cares to read it, but since you directly referred to me, and the one conversation we had, what, a few months ago?, I'm answering you here.
The idea of quoting me and my unfortunate use of the phrase "stick it to them" which I have regretted and said sorry for is what you call not baiting? I think this is about the third time you have pointed out that I said that.

Ok, I said it, I regret saying it, it was not my finest hour. Did I mean it when I said it? Yes I did, but it still was not something I am proud of. Often people say things or God help us, write them down and once they are out, they are part of history, just as you asking me "what does this have to do with (this) is part of my history.

I agreed with you about the idea that threads go off topic, and I think probably the times you asked me that could have been construed as baiting, but this particular post was not meant to bait, it was to agree with you, but also to point out you have been guilty of doing the very thing that you seem to castigate the poster who questions the off topic posts. We all live in glass houses.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Me stating a different preference than Alarion has is in no way castigating her. I was going to respond to the rest, but decided to stick with my plan not to drag this hijack that no one else on the board is interested in on. If you really care about my response, pm me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply