Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Judi Evans on her return; Sony interview
Topic Started: Mar 23 2010, 04:45 PM (1,329 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Judi Evans on Her Return

Justin has been back in Salem for some time now, and he's made no secret of his affection for Hope. Strike that; he's in love with Hope. This became a little more acceptable and understandable when he was served divorce papers from Adrienne. Still, Hope does not like Justin like that and she believes he and Adrienne belong together. So she called Adrienne back to Salem, possibly hoping that if they were together, they would get together. "Hope called her back," Judi told us. "It's all Hope's fault! And Justin didn't know that Hope called her. She thought she was rescuing Justin, even though they're divorced, and ended up finding out that it was kind of a ruse. I think initially she was very humiliated. She thought she was there to help Justin. 'Hi, I'm here to save you. What? You don't ' Never mind! I think there's a part of her that certainly misses being a family and being together and he is the love of her life. But they are divorced."

Something clearly happened to tear them apart, but Justin and Adrienne had a fairy tale romance literally. He was the rich boy and she was the working class girl and, after many trials and tribulations, they ended up tying the knot in an over-the-top ceremony in Greece. While Judi enjoyed all of that romance, telling us that she particularly loved "all our weddings! The whole Greece trip and the wedding in Greece were just phenomenal," she believes "it's all about the story. The romance is still there. You can have those sweeping locations, but to tell good stories you don't need all that frou-frou. You really don't. A good story is a good story, whether it's on the street corner or up on film screen. I think it's even better because there's no distraction. It's all about the relationships."

And one of the things that make those relationships come alive on the screen is the quality of the writing, how it can capture not only the characters but the actors who portray them. Judi and Justin hadn't worked together in years and, as she told us, "we've seen each other at events and what have you, but we didn't even talk before I came back. And we did our first scene out on the stage and it was so weird, it was like it was yesterday. But the way they wrote the characters, too, they really matured them, they really caught the gist of what their relationship had been as opposed to what it is now. Wally and I kept marveling at how wonderful the writing is. And true to form, true to life, true to the characters. So it's really been wonderful. I'm very lucky. Very blessed!"

We might at some point find out what Adrienne has been up to since the last time we saw her in Salem. We asked Judi, and were surprised to find out that she has a full-time job! "I work at Rose Hills Memorial Park and Cemetery and Mortuary," Judi told us. "I actually just got promoted last December to family service counselor. I help people who've just experienced a loss. I help them through that transition period. It's really rewarding. One of the girls I work with, she explains it as there are three huge moments in your life: the day you're born, the day you get married and the day you die. So it's an honor to be a part of one of those times for someone and also to help the family through that.

"I needed something to do," Judi continued. "As an actress, you have to wait by the phone. I hate to say it, but it drives me crazy. I needed something that felt like I was giving back to society in some way. Raising my son is important, too, but he's getting older, he doesn't need me as much. I was sitting with my girlfriend on the beach one day and I said I don't know what to do! I don't have a college education because I was in soaps all my life. She said, I have a friend who used to work at Rose Hills. They loved it. You should check into that. I did and two weeks later I was there."

Judi Evans has always been full of surprises. This is just the latest. We can't wait to see what Judi and Adrienne does next.

http://daysofourlives.com/specials/interviews_detail_4413.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I absolutely love Judi Evans - so glad she's back. I hope it lasts.

Thanks for posting, Angie! :)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

THIS thread deserves multiple pages. I just love her!

six
Member Avatar

Besides the time she was apparently living in the bar 24/7, idk anything about Adrienne, but hopefully it'll lead to a good story for Justin.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

six
Mar 23 2010, 05:20 PM
Besides the time she was apparently living in the bar 24/7, idk anything about Adrienne, but hopefully it'll lead to a good story for Justin.
Their early years were awesome, for the little I got to see them.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

She and Wally had a really good storyline on when they were on years ago. Lots of romance, lots of angst and then at the end, they got their stuff together and were pretty happy. They actually had a half way decent storyline about adoption too. I've had 2 open adoptions and could really relate to their feelings when they were going through this with JJ and Stanley.

I have been so looking forward to seeing Judi back on Days and I was curious to see if she and Wally still had "it". From the first "Hi", I realized they did!! My biggest worry is that they may not have the writing to support this couple. Being a diehard J & A fan, I was completely frustrated with just about the enitre 1988 year with them. WAY too much seperating and getting back together. If (or when in my mind) they do get back together, I really hope that it will take some time and we, as the viewers will get to see what happened to them while they were away and what caused this divorce. I think that this in and of itself could lend itself to a good storyline.

In any case, I'm thrilled to see Judi back and am excited to see what comes of Adrienne and Justin!!

Welcome Home Adrienne!!

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Great interview! I adore Judi. :)

I'm looking forward to more Justin and Adrienne. I hope they will be given a good story. I do NOT want a J&A reunion for a long time. I want to see them deal with the issues between them and find out what happened between them and what caused the divorce etc...

Either way it will be good to see Judi and Wally reunited again. Look forward to more.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

I truly enjoyed seeing Judi today, I enjoyed the whole show overall, hope to see more of Judi having scenes with Wally and Kristian.

Connor Murphy
Member Avatar

It was good seeing her return today. My hope is they dont waste her like they did last time.

six
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Mar 23 2010, 05:37 PM
six
Mar 23 2010, 05:20 PM
Their early years were awesome, for the little I got to see them.
I've heard good things about them. Hopefully they'll be able to recreate what they had.

Charlotta09
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting! I am so so so glad she's back! I was a wee little one last time they were together on screen so I'm very interested to see Wally and Judi together! I'll have to go find some old clips! Love Judi Evans!

Days4Life

I'm so happy to have Judi Evans back on the show. I'm a huge fan of hers. I just wish her brothers Jack and Steve were back with her!

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Judi looked amazing today and I admit that Adrienne and Justin did have 'it' from the first moment. I'm glad to have her back and I really hope that the show can write them some decent material but while my hopes remain high my experience with this show speaks an alternate truth. I do love them though and I'm really glad to see JE back.

Justin without Adrienne felt a little empty.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

I heart her!!Always have.Even put up with Bonnie,cause I loved her so.I hope she and Justin get a proper story.Two fine actors,that deserve to be seen!

Faye

I'm really happy to have her back :) Carly, Vivian, Justin, Shane, Adrienne... > and the list just goes on!

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Wonderful lady! I can't wait to see what the future has in store for Justin and Adrienne. Both Judi and Wally should be on contract, not recurring.

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

I love Judi Evans, but I hated her as Bonnie. I LOVE her as Adrienne and I'm so glad Days got a clue, for now. I just hate that everytime a soap couple comes back on this show they're ALWAYS seperated or divorced, or one is presumed dead. Can we PLEASE get a happy couple back!

luhlinger

Love Adrienne! So excited and hope they give her a great storyline to sink her teeth into. I agree SO NOT reunite them quickly...let's see the slow build and bring back the romance!

LastLicks
Member Avatar

I haven't been interested in seeing Justin's scenes since his return ... until now. Glad they decided to bring Judi back!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply