Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mark Valley reflects on his time at 'Days'; ex-Jack Deveraux
Topic Started: Mar 24 2010, 02:21 PM (4,695 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

From EW.com
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/03/24/human-targets-mark-valley-on-his-favorite-roles-the-photos-he-wants-no-one-to-see-and-wife-anna-torv/

DAYS OF OUR LIVES (1991-1997)
Character: Jack Deveraux

”I look back on it now, and I’m like, ‘Oh man, I took it so seriously.’ I remember saying something like, ‘I am the authority on my character.’ I look back at that, and I cringe. Or I look at some of the photo shoots. ‘Just wear this fur vest. Just try it on. You’ll never see it again’ [laughs] or ‘Just do this one shot in the bathtub.’ There was this whole shoot of me outdoors. It was kind of a cool photo shoot, and then they’re like, ‘One more thing. If you can do this before you leave.’ They had this copper bathtub set up. And they’re like, ‘If you could just get in it. They just want one shot of you. The bubbles will cover everything.’ That picture…yea. Whenever I Google myself – which is not as often as you think – that picture always shows up. It’s always like ‘Aww, they got me. Those f—ers.’” [Laughs]

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

How random that he would be talking about Days after all these years.

I actually didn't mind him as Jack. Lord knows he was better than Steve Wilder.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Kenny
Mar 24 2010, 02:23 PM
How random that he would be talking about Days after all these years.

I actually didn't mind him as Jack. Lord knows he was better than Steve Wilder.
.....He was actually my favorite Jack. I thought him and KA/Hope had great chemistry together. I enjoyed the friendship that they developed when Jenn was with Peter and Bo was with Billie.

lysie
Member Avatar

Aw. What a sweet picture. :P

Daytime
Member Avatar

I forgot he played Jack at one time.

That pic looks adorable.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I liked him as Jack too. He was the best looking one.

I saw a preview of his new show the other night and he looks really good.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I've always liked him. It's nice to see that he has such a fun personality.

Thanks for posting.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Remember Mark Valley's last scene when he walked into that steamy shower and moments later "Jack" emerged from the steam as a completely different man? LoL

six
Member Avatar

I don't remember this guy. The look he's giving the camera is cracking me up, though.

TFP, Nubia.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny
Mar 24 2010, 02:33 PM
Remember Mark Valley's last scene when he walked into that steamy shower and moments later "Jack" emerged from the steam as a completely different man? LoL
LOL. No, but I wish I did!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Kenny
Remember Mark Valley's last scene when he walked into that steamy shower and moments later "Jack" walked out of the steam as a completely different man? LoL
That does sound familiar. Is that when Steve Wilder too over? I always thought he (Steve) had rabbit teeth.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Kenny
Wasn't Jack in prison or something and Jennifer was there...I vaguely remember it.

I liked him as Jack.

Daytime
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 24 2010, 02:34 PM
Kenny
I don't either. I wonder if it is on youtube.

Was he ever on Melrose Place, seems like I remember him being on there.

Kenny
Member Avatar

six
I don't remember this guy. The look he's giving the camera is cracking me up, though.

TFP, Nubia.
Here's a clip of him with Stephanie Cameron (ex-Jennifer).

lene
Member Avatar

Kenny
YES! he was the first recast i have ever seen, LoL. I was 7 or so at the time... i got super pissed. I loved MV's Jack. He is the first Jack i saw, but when MA came back, MV who? :p

lysie
Member Avatar

Daytime
Mar 24 2010, 02:38 PM
lysie
Kenny
I don't either. I wonder if it is on youtube.

Was he ever on Melrose Place, seems like I remember him being on there.
I think he's been on everything.

Wasn't he Abby's ex-husband on ER?

Kenny
Member Avatar

px780
Mar 24 2010, 02:37 PM
Kenny
Wasn't Jack in prison or something and Jennifer was there...I vaguely remember it.

I liked him as Jack.
Yep. It was a prison shower (Jack was there for "murdering" Peter) and Jennifer was there too for some reason. This was around the time Jennifer wore that black wig and pretended to be Hope so she could in and fuck Jack or something.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

px780
Mar 24 2010, 02:37 PM
Kenny

I liked him as Jack.
Was that when Stephanie Cameron was playing Jennifer and she posed as Hope in the jail?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Mar 24 2010, 02:41 PM
Was that when Stephanie Cameron was playing Jennifer and she posed as Hope in the jail?
Yep!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I actually liked him as Jack. I mean, MA was my all time favorite, but MV was a good actor so I bought it. That was during the recast of Jen as well so it was kind of easier to accept him as Jack.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply