Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mark Valley reflects on his time at 'Days'; ex-Jack Deveraux
Topic Started: Mar 24 2010, 02:21 PM (4,825 Views)
Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Being that my first real soap couple was Jack and Jenn, these two have a special place in my soapy heart.

I was shocked that DAYS would replaced MR/MA....they were IT for me and I was devastated! (Wasn't online and didnt read the mags.)

MV was the "action figure" Jack for me. I liked him but that wasnt "Jack" to me. Then it got WAYYYYYY WORSE when the other guy came along...just YUCK!

I did watch Keen Eddie, but I couldnt get into that show. I also watched him on Boston Legal but he was overshadowed by WS and JS!

I dont really watch network TV...so I never caught his new show.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dylan76
Member Avatar

I loved Mark Valley. He was the best Jack in my opinion. I have never been a fan of matt ashford & his corny attempts at humor. Mark Valley was just ... awesome.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Ashford will always be my favorite Jack. I thought Valley did an OK job with the role and I appreciated him a lot more once Wilder stepped in.

cassie1013

Kenny
Mar 24 2010, 02:33 PM
Remember Mark Valley's last scene when he walked into that steamy shower and moments later "Jack" emerged from the steam as a completely different man? LoL
*SPEW* LOL - no, I don't - but that sounds fucking hilarious.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Mark Valley was NEVER Jack in my eyes....Matt Ashford was just too freaking EPIC in the role for Valley to even scratch the surface.

He is an ok actor and good on him for his primetime success, but I certainly would not want him back as a recasted Jack anytime soon.

As for Steve Wilder...don't even get me started on that bull shit! :puke:

And Stephanie Cameron as Jennifer...that was an even bigger joke, but I guess you have to cut the show some slack there considering Missy Reeves just one day stopped coming to work.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Mar 25 2010, 03:29 AM.

Keith
Member Avatar

Valley and Ashford were both good Jack's. The difference was that the material Ashford got allowed him to develop a nuanced character. Valley was my first Jack, but the moment I saw Ashford step back into the role, I felt like I met Jack Deveraux.

darraholic
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 24 2010, 02:41 PM
Daytime
Mar 24 2010, 02:38 PM
lysie
Mar 24 2010, 02:34 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I don't either. I wonder if it is on youtube.

Was he ever on Melrose Place, seems like I remember him being on there.
I think he's been on everything.

Wasn't he Abby's ex-husband on ER?
Mark Valley wasn't on MP I think. Steve Wilder was though. He played a former flame of Jane's. Stephanie Cameron also was on MP as some loony nurse that Michael had an affair with.

LastLicks
Member Avatar

It'll always be Ashford's Jack for me! I can appreciate Valley as an actor after his time on DAYS. I'll even say he was a decent recast (although my possibly biased eyes didn't see the chemistry with Reeves), since it was the material given mostly at fault. But nonetheless, he just wasn't Jack Deveraux. Love or hate Ashford's version, he defined the character and anything but may as well have been someone else. Valley and Reeves as Jack and Jennifer were having flashbacks of their supposed love story, looking like they stepped out of a Mentos commercial, reciting their declarations of love to each other in monotone voices. It just wasn't what the characters were about at all. :blah:
Edited by LastLicks, Mar 25 2010, 12:36 PM.

Beth
Member Avatar

Matthew Ashford is the only Jack as far as I'm concerned.

nanasmiles

I am just so glad that I knew Mark Valley as Jack. This way, every Wednesday when I see him as Christopher Chance on Human Target, I get a little bit of Jack back. :D

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

Awww, love him!

cages

As HJBJDJ said, he played a character of Jack just fine. BUT, I knew Jack Deveraux, and MV was no Jack Deveraux. It will always be MA and MR for me.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I liked both MV & MA but they played 2 different Jack's imo.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply