Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW:Casting Tidbits
Topic Started: Mar 25 2010, 01:09 PM (4,807 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The popular stars coming back to say farewell to Alice will air in June. Most are not coming back for just one day,some will appear in a few episodes.

DAYS is on the lookout for two gorgeous teenage girls - one Caucasian and one African-American or Asian. The casting call says the girls are mischievous, smart, and popular with the boys.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Teen scene for the summer? Um..yay? LOL.

Thanks Angie!

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

Hm. TFP Angie. Glad some stars will be staying longer.
Edited by Kiren, Mar 25 2010, 01:34 PM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I can't figure out how to spell the noise I just made regarding the teens ,...

Yay for the returns, maybe some will turn long-term. *crosses fingers*

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

These teens need a lot of work to make them more appealing. :ermmmm:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

aimees76
Mar 25 2010, 01:38 PM

Mine sounded like crickets chirping.

Sariah
Member Avatar

You know, they could just put Melanie in the teen scene (where she belongs) instead of hiring new actresses.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Sariah
Mar 25 2010, 01:52 PM
You know, they could just put Melanie in the teen scene (where she belongs) instead of hiring new actresses.
I figured these are new friends for Melanie. They can all skip to the soda shoppe together and blow bubbles in their milkshakes as they twirl their hair and giggle about boys. That, I would buy Melanie doing; everything else she's done since she got to Salem, not so much.

But it probably doesn't matter--who's to say these girls will be anything more than show up for a scene or two. Speaking of, what happened to that guy who was supposed to share a scene or scenes with Stephanie? Did I blink and miss it?

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Sariah
That's where she definitely belongs or better yet off-screen to. She is way too immature in the Phillip/Stephanie/Nathan group.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Mar 25 2010, 01:51 PM
aimees76

Mine sounds like my lunch coming up. :puke:

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

Paxton
Mar 25 2010, 01:54 PM
Sariah
I figured these are new friends for Melanie. They can all skip to the soda shoppe together and blow bubbles in their milkshakes as they twirl their hair and giggle about boys. That, I would buy Melanie doing; everything else she's done since she got to Salem, not so much.

But it probably doesn't matter--who's to say these girls will be anything more than show up for a scene or two. Speaking of, what happened to that guy who was supposed to share a scene or scenes with Stephanie? Did I blink and miss it?
I was just thinking about that yesterday, well now that Nathan And Stephanie are on rocky grounds, maybe that's what pushes him back to her ina week or two... :puke:

Alligato
Member Avatar

JANALH
Mar 25 2010, 02:03 PM
lysie
Mar 25 2010, 01:51 PM
aimees76

Mine sounds like my lunch coming up. :puke:
LMAO! Y'all are too funny!
I fucking hate the summer teen scene!

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Angie79
Mar 25 2010, 01:09 PM
The popular stars coming back to say farewell to Alice will air in June. Most are not coming back for just one day,some will appear in a few episodes.

I'm still wondering how the show will handle this Alice tribute. Are these returning characters coming back for visits with Alice or are they back for her funeral. I guess we'll have to wait until it gets closer to June to find out.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Hmm...am I the only one who wondered if the Caucasian teen could be a recast for Mia?

I'm glad they are developing the teens. I just hope we see an actual story form. That is the biggest issue.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

dc cubs
Mar 25 2010, 03:03 PM
Angie79
Mar 25 2010, 01:09 PM

I'm still wondering how the show will handle this Alice tribute. Are these returning characters coming back for visits with Alice or are they back for her funeral. I guess we'll have to wait until it gets closer to June to find out.
They are keeping it very close to the vest. Since SOW mentioned everyone would appear in June and alluded to some being around for a few episodes, my feeling would be that Alice's immediate family like Jennifer, Marie, Lucas, etc would return while she was dying and stick around for the funeral and then we would see characters like Kim, Kayla, etc return for the funeral. It now seems like the whole month of June will be the tribute and that maybe we will start seeing Alice begin to go downhill in late May. That is just my guess.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Excited for the returns!

Not so much these new teen girls. However, it's going to be summer soon, so I'll accept some teen storylines.

I doubt the one caucasian is a Mia recast. These two girls are probably going to be the school bitches that will mix it up with Mia and Gabi.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Mar 25 2010, 03:06 PM
Excited for the returns!

Not so much these new teen girls. However, it's going to be summer soon, so I'll accept some teen storylines.

I doubt the one caucasian is a Mia recast. These two girls are probably going to be the school bitches that will mix it up with Mia and Gabi.
We have two bitches already. Mia is a bitch and Kinsey is a bitch. How many bitches are needed? :laugh:

I just think it would be weird to bring two girls on unless they are just day player roles.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The SOW cover makes it look like Drake Hogestyn is coming back for the Alice stuff. They have his picture with all of the others, but all he is on there for is that new web soap he is going to be involved in. So misleading!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Angie79
Mar 25 2010, 03:11 PM
The SOW cover makes it look like Drake Hogestyn is coming back for the Alice stuff. They have his picture with all of the others, but all he is on there for is that new web soap he is going to be involved in. So misleading!
That is typical :hmmph: .

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Mar 25 2010, 03:03 PM
Hmm...am I the only one who wondered if the Caucasian teen could be a recast for Mia?

I'm glad they are developing the teens. I just hope we see an actual story form. That is the biggest issue.
Oh, answered prayer if it is!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply