Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW:Casting Tidbits
Topic Started: Mar 25 2010, 01:09 PM (4,858 Views)
BasicBlackTS08

As long as my guy is back for some good air time. I'm happy. Yup, this crickett is chirping pretty loud, lol! ,My guy is now in my sig!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
Mar 25 2010, 03:09 PM
DrewHamilton
Mar 25 2010, 03:06 PM
Excited for the returns!

Not so much these new teen girls. However, it's going to be summer soon, so I'll accept some teen storylines.

I doubt the one caucasian is a Mia recast. These two girls are probably going to be the school bitches that will mix it up with Mia and Gabi.
We have two bitches already. Mia is a bitch and Kinsey is a bitch. How many bitches are needed? :laugh:

I just think it would be weird to bring two girls on unless they are just day player roles.
Kinsey is a not a bitch anymore. She is more the comic relief and weird funny friend now. The actress said they are expanding her character and I think she will eventually end as this generation Mimi to Gabby´s Belle. As for the new girls I´m happy for every new teen they add to the story because seeing Mia, Chad and everyone mostly alone just isn´t natural. Especially Mia, girls like her always have some "friends" or admiring circle around them. Besides, where it says they are bitches? Popular and atractive doesn´t equal bitches.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Mar 25 2010, 04:33 PM
PhoenixRising05
DrewHamilton
Mar 25 2010, 03:06 PM
Excited for the returns!

Not so much these new teen girls. However, it's going to be summer soon, so I'll accept some teen storylines.

I doubt the one caucasian is a Mia recast. These two girls are probably going to be the school bitches that will mix it up with Mia and Gabi.
We have two bitches already. Mia is a bitch and Kinsey is a bitch. How many bitches are needed? :laugh:

I just think it would be weird to bring two girls on unless they are just day player roles.
Kinsey is a not a bitch anymore. She is more the comic relief and weird funny friend now. The actress said they are expanding her character and I think she will eventually end as this generation Mimi to Gabby´s Belle. As for the new girls I´m happy for every new teen they add to the story because seeing Mia, Chad and everyone mostly alone just isn´t natural. Especially Mia, girls like her always have some "friends" or admiring circle around them. Besides, where it says they are bitches? Popular and atractive doesn´t equal bitches.
Well, Drew is who called them bitched. I was just reacting to what he said.

I haven't seen this "new" Kinsey your speaking of. In fact, we haven't seen Kinsey at all since the Vancouver trip got canned in early February and she was just as much a bitch then as she always was. Yes, she's more comic relief with her snide comments but she was always that. That is the issue with the teens. We don't see them enough. The show does nothing to rope them in with other characters. We finally got Will involved with his family again and once in awhile we get Gabi/Arianna scenes but we need more. More Mia/Maggie. How about having Chad become friends with an older make on the canvas? When Chad, Mia, and Will were involved with the baby switch, they clicked better. Now, they are just filler and we get no development whatsoever because they are seen so sporadically that you have a hard time remembering where the characters were when you left them last. It should not take this long to have at least developed some sort of story for them on their own. Since the baby switch, they've been a mess. I gave them some leeway because they recasted Will but enough is enough. I fear people won't even want to bother anymore. It's been too long and it comes off like the writers don't care about them and, if they don't care, how do they expect us to care?

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Can't wait for the Alice tribute.

I actually hope these two new girls are friends for Melanie, she really needs some.

There was an African American girl who was with Melanie at the Cheatin' Heart a few months ago. They should bring her back, the little bit of her we saw sparked my interest.

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
Mar 25 2010, 04:41 PM
jane1978
PhoenixRising05

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

I haven't seen this "new" Kinsey your speaking of. In fact, we haven't seen Kinsey at all since the Vancouver trip got canned in early February and she was just as much a bitch then as she always was. Yes, she's more comic relief with her snide comments but she was always that. That is the issue with the teens. We don't see them enough. The show does nothing to rope them in with other characters. We finally got Will involved with his family again and once in awhile we get Gabi/Arianna scenes but we need more. More Mia/Maggie. How about having Chad become friends with an older make on the canvas? When Chad, Mia, and Will were involved with the baby switch, they clicked better. Now, they are just filler and we get no development whatsoever because they are seen so sporadically that you have a hard time remembering where the characters were when you left them last. It should not take this long to have at least developed some sort of story for them on their own. Since the baby switch, they've been a mess. I gave them some leeway because they recasted Will but enough is enough. I fear people won't even want to bother anymore. It's been too long and it comes off like the writers don't care about them and, if they don't care, how do they expect us to care?
Kinsey was definitely way less mean during her last appearances. And she and Gabby actually sort of liked each other. As for the lack of airtime I agree but IMO the show is in the waiting mode, the same they were with Phillip/Steph/Mel or Daniel/Chloe last year. Clearly they decided to change dynamics between the characters and they had bigger issues which needed to be adressed first. But we know Chad´s mum will arrive soon and per Casey there will be a big story for him, plus the actors who plays Will tweeted about some important scenes for him as well and they seem to be taping much more now so I think things are about to change.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Mar 25 2010, 04:55 PM
PhoenixRising05
Mar 25 2010, 04:41 PM
jane1978

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Kinsey was definitely way less mean during her last appearances. And she and Gabby actually sort of liked each other. As for the lack of airtime I agree but IMO the show is in the waiting mode, the same they were with Phillip/Steph/Mel or Daniel/Chloe last year. Clearly they decided to change dynamics between the characters and they had bigger issues which needed to be adressed first. But we know Chad´s mum will arrive soon and per Casey there will be a big story for him, plus the actors who plays Will tweeted about some important scenes for him as well and they seem to be taping much more now so I think things are about to change.
I know and that's nice but the concern is that it may be too late to get people to care. The teens have become such a non-factor that you wonder if they are all on recurring status. Then again, most of Days' recurring players get used more then they do nowadays.

Keith
Member Avatar

Interesting.

jennlee915
Member Avatar

Paxton
Mar 25 2010, 01:54 PM
Sariah
Mar 25 2010, 01:52 PM
You know, they could just put Melanie in the teen scene (where she belongs) instead of hiring new actresses.
I figured these are new friends for Melanie. They can all skip to the soda shoppe together and blow bubbles in their milkshakes as they twirl their hair and giggle about boys. That, I would buy Melanie doing; everything else she's done since she got to Salem, not so much.

But it probably doesn't matter--who's to say these girls will be anything more than show up for a scene or two. Speaking of, what happened to that guy who was supposed to share a scene or scenes with Stephanie? Did I blink and miss it?
:roflol: :roflol: The teen scene is where she belongs. Well of course they'll be friends of Melanie's because the whole damn show revolves around her. Melanie would have a blast blowing her bubbles into a milkshake, I say she needs to order a strawberry one so she can blow pretty pink bubbles. I too would buy Melanie doing just that and I'm with you everything she's done since she set foot in Salem I don't buy either.

I was wondering what happened to that scene too with Stephanie and the guy that makes Nathan jealous. Who knows with these writers.

Taelyn

So far Im not at all impressed with NuWill.. And if they are looking for teens They could hit the Jackpot if they scoop up Drew Garrett Ex Michael Corinthos from GH..He would be great as Will and is a really good actor.
Also the Keifer character dies soon, so he will also be available he is really talented, Ive seen him in a few movies also.

Ofcourse these kids may be going mainstream and that may be why they are actually being replaced or written out, I dont know.. Because I was SHOCKED at the Michael recast.. He is soooo good.
And he is growing into a very handsome young man. He would be GREAT as Will. The Keifer story could have gone many ways so the fact that he is killed off means either he is fired, or wanted out.

I dont mind TEEN storylines, infact Ive enjoyed many of them.. But only if the story is good and the acting is good. So far I cant get into Will.. Any of them because they just cant act. Also Mia.. Pretty girl but .. Cant act.
Ive come around to Melanie because she has improved A LOT. I like Gaby, She and Chad are the best Teen Actors on the Show. (Even tough Chad is not really a Teen)

So they just need TALENT.
I hope they dont waste everyones time, Id think it costs more to recast one after another than to just pay a little bit more for real Talent.

Taelyn

Mirage75
Mar 25 2010, 02:00 PM
Sariah
Mar 25 2010, 01:52 PM
You know, they could just put Melanie in the teen scene (where she belongs) instead of hiring new actresses.
That's where she definitely belongs or better yet off-screen to. She is way too immature in the Phillip/Stephanie/Nathan group.
I do agree that Melanie shoud not be aged so much.. It boggles my mind at the Philip pairing.. While I could have Totally bought into a Nathan Crush.. which developed a story over timeHe is not THAT much older.. and left open so many story possibilities of Him being her Hero and rescuing her from herself. I know they played this out with the Sami and (Oh God Brain fart) well Austin and Brandon etc.... but they were fun and good stories. The Mel /Phil mix is a mistake.. But Im liking that they are actually showing Philip and Chloe in scenes together.. maybe a teaser for the future.. She was always my favorite Philip match.

Anyway I dont know if they can "undo" the Damage since Mel is not in school and has no friends her own age, so unless they go the college route I just dont know, because they alreadyglossed over her nursing school.
Which would mean she already went to college.

But I hope they fix it.... and the Highschool kids.. They need good stories, and good actors. Especially since Days works at such a fast pace they need good actors.. the ones they have suck and it shows on our screens.
And since they dont have retakes, and time to work out the kinks they need experience.

lysie
Member Avatar

Could one of these be Abby?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I wonder if this goes along with the new teens they are looking for.

From SOD:

Look for a shake-up in the teen set of one West Coast sudser.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Angie79
Apr 8 2010, 05:26 PM

From SOD:

Hmm, could there be a Mia recast? I hope so as TS has been on for over a year and I still haven't warmed up to her.

Chelsea
Member Avatar

Angie79

From SOD:

All of these teens (except Chad) are awful, they need to be finding fun and creative ways to kill them off and not add more... unless one of the new teens is a serial killer.
Edited by Chelsea, Apr 8 2010, 06:36 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I had got the new SOD and was going to post about that teen statement, I think it is either DAYS or AMC.

If its DAYS, I want a new Mia and one of Justin and Adrienne's sons to come to town.

dooldooldool

There's no need to recast Mia McCormick. If the show isn't happy with her, they should just send the actress packing. The only reason to keep her around is the unlikely storyline twist that there were more than two babies. Even then, it's been fairly established that Grace was the Chad-Mia baby. So further SydneyTwists do not necessitate having Mia around.

The actor playing Chad has some potential, but his lack of airtime in the past 6 months has really hurt his performances. Actors need to act to improve their skills. Standing around, holding empty coffee cups, mooning after Mia, and staring blankly into space isn't helping Casey to be a better performer.

Gabi is probably in for the long haul, especially since undoubtedly she will be revealed to be the secret spawn of troubled Rafael and some random teen hookup, raised by Mama Hernandez as her own, rather than as her granddaughter.

NuNuWill needs to escape the suckitude that is his mother. Now that his father is AWOL from the cast, be needs someone decent to interact with. He shined with Granny Kate, and although it seems really unlikely he could move into DiMansion, that would at least give him something to do other than push strollers around the Salem Pier. If Mia is sent packing, send him to live with Maggie.

I like that Kinsey is now at the pub. She has the same Farah Fath quirkiness. It's not likely she can be a lead anytime soon, but having her snark at customers and befriend Gabi is a good re-start of that character.

Regardless, the teen scene won't improve if the actors just stand around and do nothing.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

dc cubs
Apr 8 2010, 05:53 PM
Angie79

From SOD:

Hmm, could there be a Mia recast? I hope so as TS has been on for over a year and I still haven't warmed up to her.
I remember when this thread first started there was speculation of a Mia recast. TS has seen very little airtime in like the last two months, pretty much since Melanie's wedding. It also seems based on her Twitter that the other teen actors haven't seen her much on set, talking about how they miss her and it will be nice to see her again. It's kind of like what happened with Dylan Patton before they fired him. He gradually saw less and less airtime and then he was axed.

I've been one of TS's biggest supporters but I wouldn't be against cutting her. The teen scene is finally starting to come together. I do wish we had more characters with connections to the canvas other then Will and Gabi but Chad has family now so Mia is really the only one kind of on her own (and she at least has Maggie although I wish we would see her with Maggie and Melanie more).

I wish they would just add a SORASed Joy Wesley to the mix. That gives Chloe family and, therefore, gives her a connection tor the canvas. They could even have KS and PD recur as Craig and Nancy.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 8 2010, 07:13 PM.

Daysfan38

I can't wait to see all the vets return.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

PhoenixRising05
Mar 25 2010, 03:03 PM
Hmm...am I the only one who wondered if the Caucasian teen could be a recast for Mia?

I'm glad they are developing the teens. I just hope we see an actual story form. That is the biggest issue.
Why bother recasting Mia?

The baby swap is over and she doesn't have any family on the canvas and they already recast one of her ex-boyfriends. Unless they made Mia out to secretly be Nicole's daughter, which would be pretty pointless now at this point in the baby saga, I'm not interested.

If they're gonna bring on more teens I hope they have some kind of connection to a known family or character so it doesn't totally become Salem High. Even if it a random connection to some older character who hasn't been on in a while like a younger sister of Nick Fallon or some random out-of-wedlock teen child of Frankie Brady. If they were bringing on a boy teen it would be a great time to bring on a son of Justin and Adrienne's.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

PhoenixRising05
Apr 8 2010, 07:12 PM
I wish they would just add a SORASed Joy Wesley to the mix. That gives Chloe family and, therefore, gives her a connection tor the canvas. They could even have KS and PD recur as Craig and Nancy.
GREAT CALL! I was trying to come up with a young girl to SORAS but it seems like most of the known Salem babies out there are boys and Jeannie Donovan would be too old at this point to come back a teen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply