Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD:Jessica Tuck talks DAYS debut; April 13th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Apr 1 2010, 01:08 PM (3,084 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

She plays Chads mother; Madeline Peterson Woods. Tuck says of the character, "She is a well put-together conservative judge and like many soap characters, she's not what she seems to be. She has a past. Of course."

She debuts April 7th and she will air into the summer months.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life

Trying to have an open mind about the character, but I just can't get excited about this teen set.

DaysPossessed
Member Avatar

Hopefully this is one Mama that won't take any crap off of Mia. What a little tramp she is turning into!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It sounds like there's more to this character unlike other characters that DAYS has brought on with big names in the role. I really don't mind new characters. I just hope she interacts with established characters rather than characters that have only been on the show for the last two years. It could work if they do it properly.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'm still shocked Jessica Tuck is giving this show the time of day. Days does not in any way deserve her.
Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I want to be positive about her introduction but I'm honestly uninterested in a new character who supports another new character who is in love with yet another new(ish) character who I definitely can do without.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Apr 1 2010, 01:12 PM
It sounds like there's more to this character unlike other characters that DAYS has brought on with big names in the role. I really don't mind new characters. I just hope she interacts with established characters rather than characters that have only been on the show for the last two years. It could work if they do it properly.
I agree. The only issue is that half the cast (if not more) has basically been brought on in the last two years (if you count returns and recasts too).

I figured there had to be something to the character because this regime doesn't just add players or bring back characters for window dressing. That and the teen actors have been saying for weeks now that something big was coming their way and they all seemed to suggest April so I figured this had to be around when Tuck was coming on.

I'm curious though, especially given some of the other spoilers out there for the next two weeks.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Amello
Apr 1 2010, 01:13 PM
I'm still shocked Jessica Tuck is giving this show the time of day. Days does not in any way deserve her.
yes cause OLTL is sooo good .... LOL

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I'm actually kind of excited about this. There seems to be a little more depth to this character...unlike those we've seen in the past couple of years.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Apr 1 2010, 01:30 PM
Amello
Apr 1 2010, 01:13 PM
yes cause OLTL is sooo good .... LOL
Drew, do not pick a fight with me, biatch! I don't even watch that mush anymore.
Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

She has a past eh? I bet she had an affair and Chad's father is someone on the show.

jackie1133

Angie79
Apr 1 2010, 01:08 PM
She plays Chads mother; Madeline Peterson Woods. Tuck says of the character, "She is a well put-together conservative judge and like many soap characters, she's not what she seems to be. She has a past. Of course."

She debuts April 7th and she will air into the summer months.
Thanks for posting.

I loved JT on OLTL but, I'm not that receptive to another new character on Days either, especially since Chad himself has yet to be fully developed on the canvas.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Okay so we have Chad's mamma coming to Salem. His "dad" is the DA and we got Baker back at the end of the month....anyone want to make a bet this kid is someone's kid in Salem? Maybe Rafe's? EJ's? Lawrence's? remember that rumor about a character being an Alemaine?

dooldooldool

Hmmm, let's see, Philip Kiriakis was SORASed from Age 4 to 17 overnight. Tyler Kiriakis was born about 4 years ago. Chad Kiriakis.

LOL. Philip is the bio-daddy.

OK, maybe DOOL has learned from their ridiculousness in the SORAS category.

I think I vote for Justin being the bio-dad. There doesn't seem to be much reason to have Adrienne back on the scene, unless she plays a role in this storyline.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

darraholic
Apr 1 2010, 03:12 PM
She has a past eh? I bet she had an affair and Chad's father is someone on the show.
That was a theory I had too when we first heard of her coming on. I was guessing that Justin had an affair with her and Chad was their son. I hope that is the case. The teen set could use another connection to the canvas and that would leave Mia as the only one that is unconnected.

I know Adrienne said to Stephanie that her and Justin sort of just grew apart over time but there is still a possibility something big happened and she just didn't want to go into it. That may be why she's so upset Hope brought her back to Salem. Maybe her and Justin just want to keep what happened a secret.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 1 2010, 03:42 PM.

dooldooldool

PhoenixRising05
Apr 1 2010, 03:42 PM
....Adrienne said to Stephanie that her and Justin sort of just grew apart over time but there is still a possibility something big happened and she just didn't want to go into it. That may be why she's so upset Hope brought her back to Salem. Maybe her and Justin just want to keep what happened a secret.
I would imagine that an affair might have been the "something big", since it would have happened nearly two decades ago. But "Chad is a Kiriakis" would be a new revelation. We haven't seen Justin take any action other than defend Carly, chase Hope, and smirk uncontrollably in inappropriate moments. I don't think Justin has even interacted with Chad at Java Cafe.

Chad's mama is a Judge, so I wonder who will be in court and requiring Justin as an attorney to trigger the whole she-bang.

Then again, if this pans out, that would make Justin the father to FIVE young men between the ages of 18 and 22-ish, since he and Adrienne left for Dallas with Anjelica's son, JJ Bagwell's twin sons, and Adrienne's Miracle Baby Boy.

Gee, the storyline potentials that creates.......
Edited by dooldooldool, Apr 1 2010, 03:51 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

dooldooldool
Apr 1 2010, 03:50 PM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 1 2010, 03:42 PM
....Adrienne said to Stephanie that her and Justin sort of just grew apart over time but there is still a possibility something big happened and she just didn't want to go into it. That may be why she's so upset Hope brought her back to Salem. Maybe her and Justin just want to keep what happened a secret.
I would imagine that an affair might have been the "something big", since it would have happened nearly two decades ago. But "Chad is a Kiriakis" would be a new revelation. We haven't seen Justin take any action other than defend Carly, chase Hope, and smirk uncontrollably in inappropriate moments. I don't think Justin has even interacted with Chad at Java Cafe.

Chad's mama is a Judge, so I wonder who will be in court and requiring Justin as an attorney to trigger the whole she-bang.

Then again, if this pans out, that would make Justin the father to FIVE young men between the ages of 18 and 22-ish, since he and Adrienne left for Dallas with Anjelica's son, JJ Bagwell's twin sons, and Adrienne's Miracle Baby Boy.

Gee, the storyline potentials that creates.......
There was also that scene last October between Mia, Will, and Chad. I think Will sought out Justin to be Mia's attorney. I think the DA was in the room too along with Chad and things were pretty tense.

Lots of potential and it would definitely give Justin and Adrienne more to do.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

darraholic
Apr 1 2010, 03:12 PM
I sure hope so because "Joe Isuzu" looks like he cannot possibly be Chad's natural father. Plus it may give us some great backstory.

I just love Jessica Tuck and look forward to seeing her, both here and back on "TB".

thanks Angie!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Justin as Chad's father would be brilliant!

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I would be all over that story for Justin. I would love if Justin was Chad's son. THat would be awesome. :) It would be brilliant.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply