Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 4/5 - 4/9
Topic Started: Apr 4 2010, 09:04 PM (14,227 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DAYS OF OUR LIVES
Weekly Discussion
Week of April 5th

Posted Image

Classic Clip o' the week: Stefano taunts a captive Anna and Tony

DISCUSS!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

wow stefano was very evil back then.

Taelyn

Ahhhhhhh... The good ole days.. errr DAYS. When Stephano didnt let a little thing like 'family ties' interfere with his power or motives. When he was willing to even out away his Son to gain what he wanted, and seemed to be all powerful and always a step or 2 ahead of the game.

Oh Stephano... where art Thou ????????????

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

OMG!

:o

STEFANO SLAPPED THE HELL OUT OF ANNA!!!!!!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Eric83
Apr 5 2010, 12:24 PM
OMG!

I looked like :o when he did that.

Has Steffy slapped a woman like that before? If he has I can't remember who it was.

lysie
Member Avatar

Rhi
Apr 5 2010, 01:30 PM
Eric83
OMG!

I looked like :o when he did that.

Has Steffy slapped a woman like that before? If he has I can't remember who it was.

I feel like he has, but I sure can't think of who it was.

TINA222
Member Avatar

Could Sami have been more clear she doesnt want EJ. She jumped up like her pants were on fire at the mere idea of EJ wanting her again. It makes me sad that this is what James has been reduced to. Having his character grovel to that cow. what's next? EJ getting on his knees and begging? Nicole is doing the same thing to a lesser degree. At least she has some hope because Brady did say he loved her. But EJ? Not a crumb. Sami wants her daddy clone and someone the opposite of who she was. So she can feel like a good person and be accepted. She isnt giving up her glitter crown for Dimera. :lol: I think she is scared EJ will pull down to who she used to be.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I am so tired of this merry-go-round that is Sami/Rafe. Good lord, how many times have they broken up?!

Bricole :wub:

Everything involving Stefano and Anna was ON POINT. I am still recovering from the shock of that slap. LOL

Chloe needs to calm down, and stop trying to blame everything on Carly. GEEZ....

Speaking of Chloe, I still can't believe she and Nicole are like BFFs. It is so hard trying to buy their sickly-sweet friendship knowing all the terrible things they have done/said to each other in the past.

EJ/Sami was totally FF material.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Eric - your posts was spot on! Saves me some typing! LOL!

I might have to disagree with the Nicole/Chloe friendship. While I do remember the enemies they once were, I am so desperate for some friends on this show that I'll take them. And it isn't even so much their past, I don't buy street smart, tough Nicole befriending prissy blow up doll Chloe. They have nothing in common at all!

EJ and Sami just suck so much ass I can't believe I am watching how low they sunk.
I feel sorry for JS and how bad his story is right now, and how EJ is second fiddle to Rafe while blowing so much hot air up Sami's ass. Sometimes I truly think AS writes this story for her to have one hot guy act so desperate for her while Sami acts so desperate for another hot guy.
The whole story is painful.

Livie

TINA222
Apr 5 2010, 02:04 PM
Could Sami have been more clear she doesnt want EJ. She jumped up like her pants were on fire at the mere idea of EJ wanting her again. It makes me sad that this is what James has been reduced to. Having his character grovel to that cow. what's next? EJ getting on his knees and begging? Nicole is doing the same thing to a lesser degree. At least she has some hope because Brady did say he loved her. But EJ? Not a crumb. Sami wants her daddy clone and someone the opposite of who she was. So she can feel like a good person and be accepted. She isnt giving up her glitter crown for Dimera. :lol: I think she is scared EJ will pull down to who she used to be.
What is sad about James character is not that he is groveling to Sami, but that he ever was made so stupid as to become involved with Nicole. That is what started his character on the road to ruin. They had to make him the village idiot to make it believable that he would swallow her shtick.

Now it looks like Brady is stepping back into the dummie role he almost escaped.

Nicole is a succubus. I like her character in that role, it is when they try and make her sympathetic that she becomes pathetic. Put her in the mix with Kate and Vivian. Have her go after Philip again.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^What's sad to me is that they wrote in AS's pregnancy to placate an actress that has no intention of ever improving her craft. All the characters around her suffer, they are left to flounder by themselves, rarely interacting with the rest of the cast.

I liked Nicole and Philip in the beginning but I dont want Nicole being use to prop up other characters. She's being an interloper to Brianna and I know if she EVER interacts with Philip (like she used to) all they'll talk about is Melanie -NO THANK YOU!

peaches179

Eric83
OMG!

I might tune in tonight to see that. :o

Livie

Liz<3Days
Apr 5 2010, 03:07 PM
^What's sad to me is that they wrote in AS's pregnancy to placate an actress that has no intention of ever improving her craft. All the characters around her suffer, they are left to flounder by themselves, rarely interacting with the rest of the cast.

I liked Nicole and Philip in the beginning but I dont want Nicole being use to prop up other characters. She's being an interloper to Brianna and I know if she EVER interacts with Philip (like she used to) all they'll talk about is Melanie -NO THANK YOU!
I guess I just have no bone about a soap actor or actress being content to be what they are. Once they are off the air it is either off to dinner theater, commercials when available or shuffle to another soap if possible.

If the actor/actress wants a different role, then they can quit the soap and go for it.

Does anyone think that JS is really investing time and money in new classes? AZ did them while on a break I think. But is it getting her those starring roles anywhere else?

AS is doing what she wants to do. Once tptb think she is not worth what they are paying, they will change things up. Right now, she must be worth it to them.

It could be AS thinks of this as a job that will soon end, maybe she does not want to act after it, but it is not her job to make others situations more pleasant. They make their own destiny, or they accept the way things are. It is their choice.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Livie
Apr 5 2010, 03:39 PM
Liz<3Days

I guess I just have no bone about a soap actor or actress being content to be what they are. Once they are off the air it is either off to dinner theater, commercials when available or shuffle to another soap if possible.

If the actor/actress wants a different role, then they can quit the soap and go for it.

Does anyone think that JS is really investing time and money in new classes? AZ did them while on a break I think. But is it getting her those starring roles anywhere else?

AS is doing what she wants to do. Once tptb think she is not worth what they are paying, they will change things up. Right now, she must be worth it to them.

It could be AS thinks of this as a job that will soon end, maybe she does not want to act after it, but it is not her job to make others situations more pleasant. They make their own destiny, or they accept the way things are. It is their choice.
AS plays the good little DAYS/NBS soldier so I have no doubt that she'll stay til the nail is in the DAYS coffin....too bad that others have to suffer and watch her screeching and what you call acting...cause you're right....just another job for her...moving on to the next one!

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Apr 5 2010, 04:59 PM
Livie
Apr 5 2010, 03:39 PM
Liz<3Days

AS plays the good little DAYS/NBS soldier so I have no doubt that she'll stay til the nail is in the DAYS coffin....too bad that others have to suffer and watch her screeching and what you call acting...cause you're right....just another job for her...moving on to the next one!

AS has also been on this show since she was in her teens with little opportunity to study any profession outside of the show. She's obviously got a good team working to brand herself and make sure that she has opportunities when Days is at it's end.

ETA: IMiss, you stole my heart with that Tanna clip but you stole my breath with that shot of Lexie! hehe
Edited by mer4santo, Apr 5 2010, 05:15 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

What did Sami mean when she told EJ that if Sydney would have been Rafe's he wouldn't have lied to her. Who wouldn't have lied? I totally lost her on that whole conversation.

Did think it was quite amusing that as soon as EJ started talking about her, she rolled her eyes and got away from him. The body language was hilarious!

I was happy that Nicole wanted a job. I even appreciate why she went to Brady for it. Loved her working at Titan. She should have went to Victor.
Kind of reminded me of Sami only wanting that one job that Rafe was supposed to get her. Once he said no, she was back to mooching again.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Quote:

What did Sami mean when she told EJ that if Sydney would have been Rafe's he wouldn't have lied to her. Who wouldn't have lied? I totally lost her on that whole conversation.

Maybe she meant if Syd was biologically Rafe and Sami's then she wouldnt of hidden it from EJ? HUH? I dont get that line as well. She would actually want Rafe as her baby-daddy. Hell, she still tries to pass him off as dad!

I wasnt going to watch today...but the body language comment made me curious?
Edited by Liz<3Days, Apr 5 2010, 05:43 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

WHOA! Stefano slapped Anna. Has a man ever slapped a woman on this show? The confrontation was good, the only thing is LH has a sitcom style.

EJ and Sami were cute together. It was a nice conversation about forgiveness. Although, I can't help but feel I've seen this before--EJ pushing Sami towards another man, thinking he will get her in the end. That formula doesn't work too well for ya, Elvis.

Chloe's nose looks different to me today. Nichloe isn't my favorite friendship.

Curious about Bricole.

Chloe playing messenger about the "silver lining" made me smile.

Brady and Melanie used to be a relationship I really liked--not anymore!

Alligato
Member Avatar

^Body language as in anytime Sami is in a conversation with EJ and he hints at any possiblity of them, she always, and I mean always fucking rolls her eyes. And today, as soon as he mentioned having her in his life, she rolls her eyes and hops her ass off the couch and says that their ship has sailed. I found it all humorous...or least very typical.

Their conversation was confusing as hell. When/If you watch it, let me know what it was all about. Ej said something about "if you let me finish, I will tell you why I forgave you"...and in the next scene EJ says one line and they talk about something else. So was their conversation off screen? WTF?
It started cute though.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Apr 5 2010, 06:05 PM
Curious about Bricole.

Brady and Melanie used to be a relationship I really liked--not anymore!
I didn't feel Bricole today and that is unusual for me. I always love me some Bricole. Brady was serious today...no smutty looks. Seems like Nicole just wants to fuck with Arianna though.

Hate me some Brady and Melanie. Her freaking out over him not being married was so juvenile. Just can't stand Melanie anymore.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply