Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 4/5 - 4/9
Topic Started: Apr 4 2010, 09:04 PM (14,194 Views)
luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Alligato
Apr 5 2010, 06:10 PM
Their conversation was confusing as hell. When/If you watch it, let me know what it was all about. Ej said something about "if you let me finish, I will tell you why I forgave you"...and in the next scene EJ says one line and they talk about something else. So was their conversation off screen? WTF?
It started cute though.
it was pretty terrible. from what i gather, ej forgave sami because he 'understands why she did what she did to him, and she understands why he did what he did to her' so they're even or some shit like that. i really don't get it. i hate this storyline for ej. hate it. the only good thing about today was that stefano finding out what ej did means he's going to get some scene that, blessedly, have nothing to do with sami.

i'm confused as to why chloe wants to cause a rift between melanie and carly. she seems to think daniel's accident was caused by his trying to break up a carlenie fight...so her solution is to make them keep fighting? huh? it seems like common sense to me that daniel would be more likely to involve himself if the two aren't getting along.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

torn

I didn't see Sami's reaction as horror, I saw it as shock. As in she didn't think that he felt that way about her anymore, and wasn't sure how to handle it if he did. She's too far up Rafe's shit don't stink ass to process anything else romanticwise right now.

I don't like the Nichloe friendship, never did understand it, but I had to giggle when Chloe asked Nicole "don't you have any flesh eating bacteria left?"

HATE Chloe right now anyway. Have problems with Carly, I don't care. Get all jealous about her budding friendship with Daniel, what the fuck ever. But REALLY was upsetting Melanie (oh God forbid) and sabotaging Carly with her daughter really fucking necessary. I fucking doubt it. It was poor taste. End of sentence...

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Damn. He DID slug Anna! This is one of those situations I don't know whose side I'm on, cause I love both of them (Not like Ejamafe, whom I'm sick of)

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Quote:

What did Sami mean when she told EJ that if Sydney would have been Rafe's he wouldn't have lied to her. Who wouldn't have lied?

How I understood it is: If RAFE was in the same position that SHE was in, HE wouldn't have lied. However, at the same time that doesn't really flow with the WPP history because RAFE is the one who agreed it WOULD be a good idea to lie to EJ. What I took away from that is she sees Rafe morally superior to her.

Quote:

ej forgave sami because he 'understands why she did what she did to him, and she understands why he did what he did to her' so they're even or some shit like that
I don't think it was a "hey we are Even Stevens now". He was trying to illustrate to Sami that yes, Rafe is upset with her but she shouldn't lose hope because Rafe will forgive her sooner or later.

Edited by Halloween Family, Apr 5 2010, 07:07 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^Thanks for clarifying that, cause frankly I wouldnt have paid half the attention of them...I still havent decided whether to watch on not. I dont like Steffy hitting Anna....even if she does deserve it! I'm still on team Steffy, but not buying the t-shirt!

dc cubs
Member Avatar

I'll echo those that said that was one hell of a slap Stefano put on Anna.

The NBC sneak peek for tomorrow has a good Sami/Will confrontation. I've seen most of the episode and Will raises some very good points to his mother.

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/monday-march-22-2010/1211109/

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Apr 5 2010, 07:05 PM
I don't think it was a "hey we are Even Stevens now". He was trying to illustrate to Sami that yes, Rafe is upset with her but she shouldn't lose hope because Rafe will forgive her sooner or later.

i know the greater arc of these scene was ej pushing sami to rafe, but what i quoted was the first line out of ej's mouth after he told sami that he would explain why he forgave her. it was essentially that they should both understand why they did what they did to each other. perhaps it wasn't his way of saying that they're even, but either way it completely brushes over what sami has done to ej and what ej had done to sami. it's like the writers don't even care to try to convince viewers on the fence that this is a viable pairing.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Apr 5 2010, 07:13 PM
Halloween Family

i know the greater arc of these scene was ej pushing sami to rafe, but what i quoted was the first line out of ej's mouth after he told sami that he would explain why he forgave her. it was essentially that they should both understand why they did what they did to each other. perhaps it wasn't his way of saying that they're even, but either way it completely brushes over what sami has done to ej and what ej had done to sami. it's like the writers don't even care to try to convince viewers on the fence that this is a viable pairing.
Maybe because I am a fan of the pairing but I understood the scene as the road to forgiveness is being able to put yourself in the other person's shoes to serve the greater arc as you mention but also to show some self reflection on EJ's part.

At this point, I don't think the intent is for the average viewer to see Ejami as a viable pairing, mainly because of Sami's body language as Alligato spoke about it.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I think it would also be viable if say, he TOLD SAMI THE TRUTH and face the consequences, but then that'll be too boring.

EJ, Sami and their "deals/I lie to you/you torture me...will these two ever learn.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Apr 5 2010, 07:26 PM
Maybe because I am a fan of the pairing but I understood the scene as the road to forgiveness is being able to put yourself in the other person's shoes to serve the greater arc as you mention but also to show some self reflection on EJ's part.

At this point, I don't think the intent is for the average viewer to see Ejami as a viable pairing, mainly because of Sami's body language as Alligato spoke about it.
i get what you're saying, but i just wish there had been a little more self-reflection on ej's part. instead he was just like, 'oh why do i love this woman that did all these horrible things?' and lexie just had some lame line about how you can't help who you love and that was that. not that i expect a soap to delve into the deep psychological reasons as to why ej loves sami, but i want something more substantial than "<shrug> guess i just love her, folks!"

uclan
Member Avatar

Today's episode:
Chloe :puke:
Melanie double :puke:
Brady...make up your mind already Nicole...my girl should never be this desperate...there was a moment of strength but it was oh so fleeting

I see the Darly sparks
Stefano was great, but hitting a woman? I never saw that in him.

I won't comment on Sami/EJ cause i usually don't pay one lick of attention to them

the DA is on the take!

Alligato
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Halloween Family

It could have possibly been a viable pairing if they would have been even. EJ raped Sami, Sami kept his kid from him until she died. Okay. Even. Let's move on.
But then they throw in this EJ kidnapping Sydney from Sami and making Sami think she was dead just to watch her suffer thing, and now they are all fucked up again. Not even close to being even.
As far as I know, EJ did not forgive Sami for what she did.
And his "I love her because I can't help it" shit is ridiculous if it means that at the flip of a switch, he just forgave her? Without even thinking that she had a point, or that he deserved what she did to him? At least a visit to the chapel to recognize what he did was wrong?
You are right, luv. There was no self reflection or any reason for EJ to do his 180 other than his lame feelings are feelings speech. WTF!

daisy132

Alligato
Apr 5 2010, 08:49 PM
luvpumpkns
Halloween Family

It could have possibly been a viable pairing if they would have been even. EJ raped Sami, Sami kept his kid from him until she died. Okay. Even. Let's move on.
But then they throw in this EJ kidnapping Sydney from Sami and making Sami think she was dead just to watch her suffer thing, and now they are all fucked up again. Not even close to being even.
And his "I love her because I can't help it" shit is ridiculous if it means that at the flip of a switch, he just forgave her? Without even thinking that she had a point, or that he deserved what she did to him? At least a visit to the chapel to recognize what he did was wrong?
You are right, luv. There was no self reflection or any reason for EJ to do his 180 other than his lame feelings are feelings speech. WTF!
I think the "even" part comes only with the baby story line, and has nothing to do with the rape. In the baby storyline, they are even. The rape isn't even being considered.
Edited by daisy132, Apr 5 2010, 09:17 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Yep - they had agreed to a clean slate when Sami conceived Sydney...then all hell broke loose. :shame: Although, to be fair EJ had not admitted that the immigration thing was a scam when Syd was conceived so I suppose that wouldn't have quite had them at even. :shrug:

Kenny
Member Avatar

I just watched the Stefano/Anna slap on YouTube.

Very cheesy. The timing was off, the expression on Leann Hunley's face was silly and the "slap" sound effect sounded stupid.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Apr 5 2010, 10:10 PM
I just watched the Stefano/Anna slap on YouTube.

Very cheesy. The timing was off, the expression on Leann Hunley's face was silly and the "slap" sound effect sounded stupid.
The show is really great as long as you don't actually watch it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

daisy132
Apr 5 2010, 09:16 PM
Alligato
Apr 5 2010, 08:49 PM
luvpumpkns

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I think the "even" part comes only with the baby story line, and has nothing to do with the rape. In the baby storyline, they are even. The rape isn't even being considered.
Wait. What did EJ do then? If we aren't counting the rape and everything that has happened since Sydney was conceived, then what did Ej do that is the same as Sami keeping his baby from him and only telling him after she died? EJ didn't do anything in the baby storyline except be played.
So they still aren't on even ground...until EJ fesses up, and even then, what he did is probably the worst he has even done.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

mer4santo
Apr 5 2010, 05:14 PM

ETA: IMiss, you stole my heart with that Tanna clip but you stole my breath with that shot of Lexie! hehe
You're welcome. :) I try to make fun picks for the thread.

And I'm just glad folks like madelinehawaii put these great old clips on YouTube.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Apr 5 2010, 08:26 PM
........ i just wish there had been a little more self-reflection on ej's part. instead he was just like, 'oh why do i love this woman that did all these horrible things?' and lexie just had some lame line about how you can't help who you love and that was that. not that i expect a soap to delve into the deep psychological reasons as to why ej loves sami, but i want something more substantial than "<shrug> guess i just love her, folks!"
I do agree with you on this but it's almost what i expected and it was a bit of a let down too. My doubts really lay in this writing teams ability to write for this type of thing, the most you can hope for is a quick surface type of storytelling. Also, there was something missing from the performance. It's not perfect but I believe this is what they are trying to convey. Hopefully, this is just the start of EJ's soul searching or whatever but I won't hold my breath for anything near like the past.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Halloween Family
Apr 5 2010, 06:05 PM
WHOA! Stefano slapped Anna. Has a man ever slapped a woman on this show?
Can't remember whether or when Stefano may have slapped any woman but I have seen clips where Larry Welch slapped around Hope back in the day.

Anna/Stefano were the highlight of the epi for me, I think, but I could have done without the silly and sensational slap with the weird sound effect to end that scene. It's silly that Daniel is in the hospital and Chloe is doing coffee talk catch-up with Nicole.

Bricole :wub: "Victor hates everybody." :lbf

Seeing Sami whining to EJ about her latest breakup with Rafe and EJ making some aside about Rafe came home to an empty place, that reminded me... when did Rafe get his own place? Did they show him moving out of Sami's place after this latest breakup?

And Rafe can go fuck himself whining about Benny being released by the DA and trying to physically assault Joe Isuzu. If you wanted him stuck behind bars maybe instead of following up your weak sauce arrest with chitchatting about your sister's love life at the Brady Pub you should have been writing up an indictment containing actual charges that could keep him in jail, FBI hotshot. I mean as much I abhor it, I'm used to the thug tactics from the fictional Salem PD, but real life law enforcement besmirched this way with this sort of unprofessionalism just irks that much more.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply