Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 4/5 - 4/9
Topic Started: Apr 4 2010, 09:04 PM (14,249 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Judie the promo lady just tweeted this...
Quote:

Next week begin editing a 1 minute + piece for May Sweeps/June Sneak Preview....will let you know when it goes viral.
There must be some exciting stuff coming up.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cupcake06

Kenny
Apr 10 2010, 01:46 AM
Judie the promo lady just tweeted this...
Quote:

Next week begin editing a 1 minute + piece for May Sweeps/June Sneak Preview....will let you know when it goes viral.
There must be some exciting stuff coming up.
Hope so...

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato
Apr 10 2010, 12:33 AM
^No kidding. There was a twat from Molly a few days ago to Shawn Christian calling him "daddy"...seriously? I get the impression she can tell the difference between acting and her real personality. Or maybe I am just not in on the joke.
The MB/CD love fest twats get a little nuts. Can't they just text each other the ILUs and IMUs?
In fact, NB twats alot and sometimes it will take me out of her scenes when my mind wanders while watching her...which can be often.
I should probably stop following all of them and maybe my Days enjoyment will increase. :)
I think you're right. I don't follow any of them (although, of course, I STILL don't enjoy Molly or Allison!) I think it would be worse if I did.
I fully expect one of them to say one day "Man, I was late cause I was constipated, and it was LOOOONG".

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kevc1980
Apr 10 2010, 01:08 AM
Jessica Tuck's character is really interesting me so far. It's smart of the writers to connect her to Kate somehow. I just hope it's something good. I look forward to seeing Jessica Tuck and Lauren Koslow interact. And I've warmed up to Gabby, Chad and Will a bit. But it is odd that they aren't using Mia much. Maybe they are going to get get rid of her, as she really isn't needed anymore.
I agree on the JT love and the Mia not being needed. I hope if they do axe her, that when the time comes they don't just have her leave town or write her out but find a way to have something with more emotional impact.

Like maybe a teen drunk driving storyline or fatal alcohol poisoning thing that has her really dying and the show playing all the beats out from that as maybe Nicole feels guilt about the way she prayed on this vulnerable girl and manipulated her and helped to turn her life upside down in a way that she turned to booze, and of course you also have Will and Chad to have to deal with the fallout. And if this was somehow combined with some reveal of Chad being a DiMera and him bonding with the DiMera family (or feuding with them if say he blamed Stefano for helping keep Nicole's secret about his and Mia's kid) then that would be even more interesting to me. Especially if it also involved Jessica Tuck on contract and dealing with all of this to help Chad through it too.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I would love if Madeline and Kate ended up being related somehow. Maybe long lost sisters? That would be a good way to tie her and Chad to the canvas.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Kevc1980
Apr 10 2010, 11:34 AM
I would love if Madeline and Kate ended up being related somehow. Maybe long lost sisters? That would be a good way to tie her and Chad to the canvas.
I would love that.

I hope this leads to a meaty storyline for Lauren Koslow.

jackie1133

Kevc1980
Apr 10 2010, 01:08 AM
Jessica Tuck's character is really interesting me so far. It's smart of the writers to connect her to Kate somehow. I just hope it's something good. I look forward to seeing Jessica Tuck and Lauren Koslow interact. And I've warmed up to Gabby, Chad and Will a bit. But it is odd that they aren't using Mia much. Maybe they are going to get get rid of her, as she really isn't needed anymore.
I loved Jessica Tuck on OLTL but I still was not looking forward to yet another new character on Days. However, the writers did manage to pique my curiosity about the character instantly, so it's a very good debut IMO, love the Kate angle..

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Is Abe doubling as the Mayor and Chief of Police due to cutbacks in the Salem budget? I must have missed the beat that colored the DA as corrupt because Abe going off on him came out of nowhere.

Whoever wrote that brunch scene should be tarred and feathered. Whoever who wrote that family surgery scene should be covered in honey and fire ants.

How can anyone honestly think that Vivian with a pipe on the Kiriakis roof is a threat to Carly?

Why is Rafe being such a dick about his statement, is he hoping to go to jail in order to get away from Samil? GG made me laugh with his delivery of "We're on a break"

It's ridiculous that Bo didn't call Hope to let her know he was going out of town to help Kim. Completely lame.

Chad's mom is pretty darn good but I think that Chad still sucks. If they retcon his paternity, Please let him be a Kiriakis.

Stefano owned EJ. It makes me happy when Elvis gets schooled by his daddy and Joe is a master at turning the tone instantly but honestly. "I am still amazed at this modern technology, When I first started learning to blackmail people, everything was so bulky!"

Will moving into DiMansion is ludicrous but it will be funny.

Sami, Sami, Sami, Sami....

Father Matt and Chloe continue to astound....wtf.

This TV storyline makes me nervous.

Kate has a new nemesis! Yay!!

Philip's hair needs an intervention.

Nathan just can't escape the gravitational pull of those black holes Stephanie uses as eyes.

I just don't understand why nobody remembers Johnny. He is too cute to be forgotten.

lysie
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Apr 10 2010, 01:29 PM
Is Abe doubling as the Mayor and Chief of Police due to cutbacks in the Salem budget? I must have missed the beat that colored the DA as corrupt because Abe going off on him came out of nowhere.

Whoever wrote that brunch scene should be tarred and feathered. Whoever who wrote that family surgery scene should be covered in honey and fire ants.

How can anyone honestly think that Vivian with a pipe on the Kiriakis roof is a threat to Carly?

Why is Rafe being such a dick about his statement, is he hoping to go to jail in order to get away from Samil? GG made me laugh with his delivery of "We're on a break"

It's ridiculous that Bo didn't call Hope to let her know he was going out of town to help Kim. Completely lame.

Chad's mom is pretty darn good but I think that Chad still sucks. If they retcon his paternity, Please let him be a Kiriakis.

Stefano owned EJ. It makes me happy when Elvis gets schooled by his daddy and Joe is a master at turning the tone instantly but honestly. "I am still amazed at this modern technology, When I first started learning to blackmail people, everything was so bulky!"

Will moving into DiMansion is ludicrous but it will be funny.

Sami, Sami, Sami, Sami....

Father Matt and Chloe continue to astound....wtf.

This TV storyline makes me nervous.

Kate has a new nemesis! Yay!!

Nathan just can't escape the gravitational pull of those black holes Stephanie uses as eyes.

I just don't understand why nobody remembers Johnny. He is too cute to be forgotten.

He did. Hope said she deleted the messages without listening to them.

jackie1133

mer4santo

Bo did call Hope and she wasn't picking up on her messages... but I missed the explanation on whatever happened to the calls because, I don't think she actually heard them for "some" reason.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kevc1980
Oh emm gee!

I never thought of that. Has the show EVER explored Kate's parents or siblings or anything in the course of the show? It seems like all her past that's been bothered to be explored is who she fucked? That could be really fascinating to give her a sister. Maybe they could even somehow set it up so you have Madeline and Vivian vs. Kate and Carly? I miss Vivian have scheming partners to work with and I don't think Chloe is gonna cut it. Anyway, Will and Chad being cousins could also be interesting.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Oh how the might have fallen :'(

lysie
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Apr 10 2010, 01:38 PM
Kevc1980
Oh emm gee!

I never thought of that. Has the show EVER explored Kate's parents or siblings or anything in the course of the show? It seems like all her past that's been bothered to be explored is who she fucked? That could be really fascinating to give her a sister. Maybe they could even somehow set it up so you have Madeline and Vivian vs. Kate and Carly? I miss Vivian have scheming partners to work with and I don't think Chloe is gonna cut it. Anyway, Will and Chad being cousins could also be interesting.
LOL...it seems like Kate mentioned having a mother once a year or so ago (I can't even remember the context), and I remember thinking "I never thought about Kate having a mother!"

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Thanks Lysie and Jackie! I obviously missed the explanation while I was busily presupposing they would never write it in!

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

jackie1133
Apr 10 2010, 01:35 PM
mer4santo

Bo did call Hope and she wasn't picking up on her messages... but I missed the explanation on whatever happened to the calls because, I don't think she actually heard them for "some" reason.
I think she said something about not remembering deleting them like she's losing her marbles but I saw someone else speculate that maybe it's Ciarra.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OliveAnn

mer4santo

A reason more why that girls needs to be a vixen. All vixens have dark, hypnotising eyes.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

mer4santo
seriously. it's also hard to buy her being so calm in the operating room when she acts like a six year old with attention deficit disorder most of the time.

LOVE the idea about kate and madeline being related. i really like her character already, and the show and the actress have done a good job of getting me interested right away.

as others have said, those ej/stefano scenes were so powerful, and to have sami burst in at the last moment ruined it all. that should have been held over to monday's show and let that show end with ej gripping stefano's hand. james scott has seemed off to me for months, but i saw a glimmer of how good he can be friday.

i haven't seen mia around lately. dare i say that my prayers have been answered and the show might consider dropping her altogether?

nathan sucks. and philip's hair couldn't get worse if he tried. friday it literally looked as if someone had rubbed lard in it.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Apr 10 2010, 04:18 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

luvpumpkns
Apr 10 2010, 04:17 PM
mer4santo
seriously. it's also hard to buy her being so calm in the operating room when she acts like a six year old with attention deficit disorder most of the time.

LOVE the idea about kate and madeline being related. i really like her character already, and the show and the actress have done a good job of getting me interested right away.

as others have said, those ej/stefano scenes were so powerful, and to have sami burst in at the last moment ruined it all. that should have been held over to monday's show and let that show end with ej gripping stefano's hand. james scott has seemed off to me for months, but i saw a glimmer of how good he can be friday.

i haven't seen mia around lately. dare i say that my prayers have been answered and the show might consider dropping her altogether?

nathan sucks. and philip's hair couldn't get worse if he tried. friday it literally looked as if someone had rubbed lard in it.
Well, you saved me some typing--that's how I feel too. I really am surprised at how immediately interested I've become in Chad's mom when I have so little interest in Chad. I guess that's the power of a competent actor.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Paxton
Apr 10 2010, 04:24 PM
luvpumpkns
Apr 10 2010, 04:17 PM
mer4santo

Well, you saved me some typing--that's how I feel too. I really am surprised at how immediately interested I've become in Chad's mom when I have so little interest in Chad. I guess that's the power of a competent actor.
I'm intrigued by the possibility of Kate and Madeline being sisters, too, now that it's brought up. Beats my original theory of them being call girls together or something. And the tie with Chad helps. I honestly don't mind Casey D. It's the crowd he runs with that get my goat. I'd like to see if he rises to the game when working with more experienced, established actors, much like it seems JKJ does.
If nothing else, it's intriguing to think about Kate with a background beyond her husbands, johns, and kids.
So, what'll happen is my theory will come true, or we'll find out Madeline was a girlfriend of Stefano's, something lame. *sigh* Maybe not! There is hope!

Fryday
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 9 2010, 08:38 PM
I don't know Fryday. I'm starting to think (or have been "closet" thinking for a while until this week) that there might be more to this Carly/Bo/Hope stuff than meets the eye. Of course, I still think the same thing about the Stefano/Kate marriage and that thinking hasn't been getting me anywhere as far as the show actually proving it. It just seems like there's something more, but I can't put my finger on it. I feel it in certain scenes, in the actors' interviews...something!
More then likely it's just a big ole rationalization on my part, that will ultimately turn out to just be bad writing. But I'm going to stay delusional about it until they out and out prove the theory to be wrong, because at this point it at least makes her storyline intriguing to me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply