Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 4/5 - 4/9
Topic Started: Apr 4 2010, 09:04 PM (14,167 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Apr 10 2010, 01:46 AM
Judie the promo lady just tweeted this...
Quote:

Next week begin editing a 1 minute + piece for May Sweeps/June Sneak Preview....will let you know when it goes viral.
There must be some exciting stuff coming up.
Awesome!

I remember when they used to do things like those all the time for big periods. Now, they only seem to do them for the fan event in November. The summer promos never actually focus on story so those don't count. Speaking of which, I remember Judie saying there would likely be no summer promo this year. Instead, we would get 45th anniversary promos through the summer complete with cast interviews and such.

Anyway, the Kate/Madeline stuff is very interesting. I do think they are setting this up to give Chad more of a link to Salem. I thought Chad may not be the DA's son but now I think Madeline has some relation to Kate. If they are sister, that would be great!

The EJ/Stefano scenes over the past three episodes have been fantastic. JS, in particular, really brought it on Friday IMO and JM was great as always.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harmony233

Halloween Family
Apr 10 2010, 01:34 AM
Fryday
Apr 9 2010, 07:19 PM
Maybe I'm giving the writers too much credit and they just wake up in a brand new world each day, hence why Carly's personality bounces from one extreme to another. But it sure seems like there's some duplicity going on with that character.

I don't think she's had a confrontation scene with Vivian yet, where she hasn't been somewhat chilling with her recounting of her capacity to murder someone. And she only acts that way when she's alone with Vivian. She even looked over her shoulder today, before she laid into Vivian, like she doesn't want to be caught acting in such a fashion. I dunno maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, because CC plays that so well, but I find it strange behavior for a heroine character.
I am all for showing different sides to a character but if not done right it makes it seem like multiple personalities disorder. Maybe this is why I am gettting frustrated with her character. I want to be entertained by Carly but something is off. At some moments she seems to hide behind the big broad shoulders of Bo and Dan practically quaking in her boots at the sight of Viv and then she has these moments like you are talking about. Viv comes off like a yappy toy poodle intimidating the big German shepard. I can rationalize Carly being afraid of an old lady because of the trauma of being burried alive has gotta leave one fucked up but then how does she compose herself to not just be tough but almost off kilter. And then you have her overplaying what seems to be a little miss innocent act when it comes to Chloe, as if she has romantic interest in Dan. All these annoyances have led me to focus in on the actresses physical changes. I am hoping your suspicions come true because it does appear to be her strength whereas the other sides are coming off phoney. At least if the phoneyness is intentional as part of a revealing moment then it could be good. Interesting observations.
Maybe its just me or I'm delunsional I don't really see Carly interested in Daniel romantically.However this Carly/Daniel/Chloe supposed triangle is lamer than hell.I think all the characters are being idiots.I mean even Carly/Lawrence made more sense than Daniel/Carly.I mean at least they had a history twisted as it was.The only thing interesting about this story is CC and NB tweets back and forth.

cassie1013

IMissAremid
Apr 10 2010, 01:38 PM
Kevc1980
Apr 10 2010, 11:34 AM
I would love if Madeline and Kate ended up being related somehow. Maybe long lost sisters? That would be a good way to tie her and Chad to the canvas.
Oh emm gee!

I never thought of that. Has the show EVER explored Kate's parents or siblings or anything in the course of the show? It seems like all her past that's been bothered to be explored is who she fucked? That could be really fascinating to give her a sister. Maybe they could even somehow set it up so you have Madeline and Vivian vs. Kate and Carly? I miss Vivian have scheming partners to work with and I don't think Chloe is gonna cut it. Anyway, Will and Chad being cousins could also be interesting.
No, Kate is kind of the 'Brad Carlton' of DAYS - we know pretty much nothing. Them being sisters would be veryyyy interesting - I have yet to watch the scene, though.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 9 2010, 01:06 AM
dc cubs
Apr 9 2010, 12:43 AM
Quote:

Now, seeing what this regime has done, I'm happy about where he is. Why? Because he's older. The man is over 70. Much like Victor, he's confronting his own mortality. That is the approach they've taken. He's the Phoenix but, deep down, he knows his end will come some day soon so he's all about his family now and living out a happy life with them. The show has made that direction very clear with both Victor and Stefano. They've humanized them and it's sensible at this point in their lives. You still see shades of what they once were when they or their family is threatened but gone are the days of them just going after people for kicks or whatever.

Someone at TWoP said that Mascolo is 81 years old. Sure enough I checked his IMDB page and that is correct. I think JM looks great for his age. I do have to wonder how much long he wants to continue playing Stefano. Realizing his age, I can understand now why he has been used less in 2010. Maybe JM wants to continue working but is fine with 1-2 days a week.
I'm not sure it's his age as much as they used him quite a bit last year so it may be a guarantee issue. His contract is up in August so they just may be monitoring it. Then again, last year he was barely on the first three months of the year and his airtime exploded around April. We're once again seeing an uptick again in his airtime once again in April so I wonder if it could also be Joe always likes to do something early in the year and isn't as available. I know Lauren Koslow was absent in episodes for a time after the Philip/Melanie wedding due to a vacation, I believe. I do age is why Joe seems content at Days. If he were younger, I think he may have spoken out alot more after Dee, Drake, and Thaoo were cut and possibly forced his way out. I think he just enjoys the work at his age.
I didn't see this post before so I respond to it now.

A member on SC sent Joe a letter and then the guy posted this in a thread.

Quote:

I asked him about why they felt the need to bring back the DiMeras only to kill them(Bart, Andre, Tony, Benji) sideline(Stefano, Lexie) or just ignore(Anna, Celeste). He said that he was bewildered by the story decisions and was sad that they seem determined to eliminate any of Stefano's allies from the story. Rolf especially was a source of my concern, since he was the only minion he had to play off. He agreed that Stefano needed Rolf and he loved working with Will Utay. He also agreed that it didn't make sense for Stefano to be in the background while this whole kidnapping thing was happening. He urged us all to contact "Days" and tell them that he needs a major part in the story, if not a new story entirely. He misses Thaao, Steve, Will, and Drake. I guess that's the new state of daytime, he says. He also sent me an autographed picture of the Phoenix himself! It goes right next to my autographed pics of Sami and Andre/Tony!

Edited by Sindacco, Apr 19 2010, 12:21 PM.

Livie

I love Joe M. He never fails to acknowledge fans who write to him with intelligent things to say.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply