Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Stefano Blackmails EJ
Topic Started: Apr 6 2010, 09:56 PM (16,636 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Apr 14 2010, 10:06 AM
JANALH
Apr 14 2010, 10:02 AM
LuvingLumi
Apr 14 2010, 09:17 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepFrom Sami's perspective, she has no reason to doubt him. "Everything she's seen of him is that he's a stand-up guy and a great father," notes portrayer Alison Sweeney. "To her inner self, she obviously feels the connection between them and he has certainly given her a few subtle looks and moments where she has felt, 'Oh God, there is something still there,' but I think to anyone else she would deny it, mostly to herself. She's trying to pretend that that's not a part of the equation and he's just a friend and a father to her kids."
I guess this boils down to we'll have to agree to disagree on this and wait to see what plays out on screen. When it's all played out, then maybe we'll know EXACTLY what Ali meant in her interview. Maybe...... :shrug: (sometimes I'm not even sure they know)
Shouldn't it have already played out?
I think it's playing out now. Sami mentioned to EJ on yesterday's show the 'connection' between them and insisted that if he was serious about taking the kids to see Stefano it would be severed. In today's show we find that
Spoiler: click to toggle
and yet,
Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 14 2010, 10:06 AM
JANALH
Apr 14 2010, 10:02 AM
LuvingLumi
Apr 14 2010, 09:17 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepFrom Sami's perspective, she has no reason to doubt him. "Everything she's seen of him is that he's a stand-up guy and a great father," notes portrayer Alison Sweeney. "To her inner self, she obviously feels the connection between them and he has certainly given her a few subtle looks and moments where she has felt, 'Oh God, there is something still there,' but I think to anyone else she would deny it, mostly to herself. She's trying to pretend that that's not a part of the equation and he's just a friend and a father to her kids."
I guess this boils down to we'll have to agree to disagree on this and wait to see what plays out on screen. When it's all played out, then maybe we'll know EXACTLY what Ali meant in her interview. Maybe...... :shrug: (sometimes I'm not even sure they know)
Shouldn't it have already played out?
I think it is playing out this week. They've (EJ and Sami) already had a conversation about their "connection" and she was admiting to it as well as EJ. I think we still have more to see since they're disagreeing about the kids seeing Stefano and Sami's not happy about his weakening where his father is concerned. I think what they were talking about in the article will be playing out for a little while....

TINA222
Member Avatar

Connections is the new word for "feelings". I need a drink. :drunk: or two. Rinse lather repeat.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Apr 14 2010, 09:58 AM
lysie
Apr 14 2010, 09:14 AM
LuvingLumi
Apr 14 2010, 09:09 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepaddiction
I don't know. I missed what she said about Allie and China, and I've been asking, but no one has answered on any of the boards (actually Rhi did try, but she also didn't hear it). I was beginning to think it was some sort of conspiracy.
Another poster on another board (that we both frequent) mentioned China and Allie...so I assumed that was actually true. Maybe Sami just mentioned that Lucas wanted to see Allie, but that never made sense to me because aren't we to assume that he left "last week" to China?
Poor Allie is missing.

angmc
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Apr 14 2010, 10:22 AM
LuvingLumi
lysie
Apr 14 2010, 09:14 AM

Another poster on another board (that we both frequent) mentioned China and Allie...so I assumed that was actually true. Maybe Sami just mentioned that Lucas wanted to see Allie, but that never made sense to me because aren't we to assume that he left "last week" to China?
Poor Allie is missing.
Actually Sami ships her off to Hong Kong to be with Lucas.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

angmc
Apr 14 2010, 10:40 AM
mer4santo
LuvingLumi

Poor Allie is missing.
Isn't this sad that they can't even write realistically anymore. I know parents ship kids alone on planes frequently. But common, would anyone ever even consider shipping their 4 year old to China?

mer4santo
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Apr 14 2010, 11:11 AM
angmc
mer4santo

Isn't this sad that they can't even write realistically anymore. I know parents ship kids alone on planes frequently. But common, would anyone ever even consider shipping their 4 year old to China?
Apparently Sami does! She sent the twins to Switzerland too. Damn, those kids are more well traveled than I.

The big question is why isn't Will going too? You think he would jump at the chance.

angmc
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Apr 14 2010, 11:19 AM
LuvingLumi
angmc

Apparently Sami does! She sent the twins to Switzerland too. Damn, those kids are more well traveled than I.

The big question is why isn't Will going too? You think he would jump at the chance.
Don't forget the woman who sent the 7 year old boy back to Russia with a note :embarrassed: :shame:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

mer4santo
LuvingLumi
angmc

But the twins went with Julie & Doug to Switzerland didn't they at least that was the excuse then?

and on Will...well we all know he has to stick around the Dimera mansion and find out who was behind the kidnapping of his baby sister. ;)

mer4santo
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Apr 14 2010, 11:45 AM
and on Will...well we all know he has to stick around the Dimera mansion and find out who was behind the kidnapping of his baby sister. ;)
Well somebody has to do it!

lysie
Member Avatar

I really need someone to clear up the Allie thing. When was it said that she sent Allie somewhere? I missed it, and I just want to know. Plus, there seems to be a contradiction now.

angmc
Member Avatar

Clarification. In the recap for this week's show in SOD, it says that Lucas wants Sami to send Allie to him in Hong Kong.

lysie
Member Avatar

angmc
Apr 14 2010, 01:49 PM
Clarification. In the recap for this week's show in SOD, it says that Lucas wants Sami to send Allie to him in Hong Kong.
Was it ever mentioned in an episode? I've seen multiple people mention it on the boards, but on different days.

Livie

Well at least it will put the idea that Allie is EJ's child to rest. For a bit.

angmc
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 14 2010, 01:53 PM
angmc
Apr 14 2010, 01:49 PM
Was it ever mentioned in an episode? I've seen multiple people mention it on the boards, but on different days.
I'm not sure but it sounds like she mentions it on Friday's epi because she also tells Rafe that Syd/Johnny spent the night at the DiMera mansion,.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Apr 14 2010, 08:19 AM
Halloween Family
Apr 13 2010, 06:05 PM
mer4santo
Apr 12 2010, 05:18 PM
Sami is not a 'good citizen' and one of the top five things that bugs me the most about her (the list is actually longer), is that for all of her machinations to 'protect' her family from Stefano....she never behaves as if she is afraid of him. AS has never, in my eyes, sold that Sami is one bit intimidated by Stefano and today's show only provided it more as she stormed into DiLiving Room and shouted at him. Sami is full of whatever BS supports her agenda at any given moment.
Sami's lack of fear is what endeares her to me. She has many flaws and one of them is she is impetuous and stupidly fearless.
But since Ej came to town Sami has lost that ruthless lack of fear that she once had. Now she ponders everything, she has been scared to do some things and then jumped into others without thinking of consequences. Years ago Sami didn't fear going to Italy to take custody back of Will. This was done while she was dodging various attempts at her life. But she went and she got it done and she didn't care about the concequences then. However recently, around the time of Grace's death when Ej threatened her with taking Johnny away and even before that *during the mob feud* she huffed and puffed and complained but DID NOTHING. She felt helpless and didn't want to fight to take her son out of that dangerous environment, and even before that....you are telling me Sami would NEVER question the DNA results regarding Johnny that were provided to her by a Dimera? Here is a woman that would go through a sewer to prove her innocence just in 2005, but can't muster up enough courage to take the twins and have independent DNA tests run. Sami has definately lost a lot of who she was at one point and I'm not sure she's ever going to get it back now.
First, I don't remember exactly how the paternity stuff went down, but yes I do agree she wouldn't take it on face value. In response to the other stuff, she still has it, it's just it's not always her first resort. Some call it glitterizing or Marlenafication but I don't see it that way, it's character progression. Sami has been on a quest for a long time, before EJ, to be good. I think this is why we are seeing a more passive Sami, in her attempts to do the right thing. However, she still has her moments where she is the Bull in the China Cabinet (thanks Rhi, perfect description).

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Apr 14 2010, 05:50 PM
LuvingLumi
Halloween Family

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
But since Ej came to town Sami has lost that ruthless lack of fear that she once had. Now she ponders everything, she has been scared to do some things and then jumped into others without thinking of consequences. Years ago Sami didn't fear going to Italy to take custody back of Will. This was done while she was dodging various attempts at her life. But she went and she got it done and she didn't care about the concequences then. However recently, around the time of Grace's death when Ej threatened her with taking Johnny away and even before that *during the mob feud* she huffed and puffed and complained but DID NOTHING. She felt helpless and didn't want to fight to take her son out of that dangerous environment, and even before that....you are telling me Sami would NEVER question the DNA results regarding Johnny that were provided to her by a Dimera? Here is a woman that would go through a sewer to prove her innocence just in 2005, but can't muster up enough courage to take the twins and have independent DNA tests run. Sami has definately lost a lot of who she was at one point and I'm not sure she's ever going to get it back now.
First, I don't remember exactly how the paternity stuff went down, but yes I do agree she wouldn't take it on face value. In response to the other stuff, she still has it, it's just it's not always her first resort. Some call it glitterizing or Marlenafication but I don't see it that way, it's character progression. Sami has been on a quest for a long time, before EJ, to be good. I think this is why we are seeing a more passive Sami, in her attempts to do the right thing. However, she still has her moments where she is the Bull in the China Cabinet (thanks Rhi, perfect description).
Sami has lost her bite not her bark there is no doubt. I guess my original point, not well stated, is that Sami uses this fear of Stefano as her primary excuse for everything Steffi related but she never plays the note. I think it's been bad writing combined with bad direction.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
mer4santo
LuvingLumi

But the twins went with Julie & Doug to Switzerland didn't they at least that was the excuse then?

I guess Lucas wasn't that interested in seeing Will, only Ali? That's nice. No wonder Will is like he is. It would have made much more sense for Will to go with Ali to China, rather than putting a 4 year old on a 20 hour flight alone. The whole thing is stupid.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Apr 14 2010, 05:50 PM
LuvingLumi
Halloween Family

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
In terms of a quest to become a better person, that little turnaround didn't start happening UNTIL EJ came to town. After Stan, Sami still schemed and tried to screw up Austin and Carrie by blackmailing Lexie into telling Carrie she couldn't have kids with Austin. That drove Carrie to Lucas because of the prospect of having healthy little babies. I don't consider Sami changing then and that was in 2005/06...it wasn't until after Ej came to town that she turned a new leaf and that was after she decided to end it with EJ and start anew with Lucas. Then the saving Lucas bit came, the saving her family bit came and the saving of her baby bit came.....Sami hasn't been the same since Ej raped her.....and now well...you can call it character progression but I call it character destruction. The character progression could have happened as a result of her "doing things to save/help others" instead of what she use to do for her own "selfish reasons"...that I would say was down that line...but now she looks totally unrecognizable, she doesn't have ANY of what she use to have, not even a bit of it....she's not even Marlena, at least Marlena stood up to Stefano and didn't take his crap...sure she got locked in a cage but she was never a whimpering mess....Sami has become that...

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Apr 14 2010, 08:10 PM
LuvingLumi
mer4santo

I guess Lucas wasn't that interested in seeing Will, only Ali? That's nice. No wonder Will is like he is. It would have made much more sense for Will to go with Ali to China, rather than putting a 4 year old on a 20 hour flight alone. The whole thing is stupid.
Well in all do fairness to my boy Lucas...Will is in school....Allie isn't....it's just a copout because how would they explain Allie living in the Dimera Mansion if in fact Sami moves in there.....just a way to move the story....ship the kid to her father in China (isn't he working over there?), who babysits for him in China? How does Allie communicate over there? Stupid writing....this is what they should have thought about before getting rid of BD...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply